The Ultimate Stan War: Gaga Vs. Britney Vs. Katy

2»

Comments

• Options
    Rui_PhillipsRui_Phillips Posts: 613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AdzPower wrote: »
    Oh please, Britney's first two albums have sold more than Gaga will in her entire career.

Britney's sales were way before the digital market
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love that a good few posters got the idea of this thread and got on their soapbox and preached for their idol. :)

I hate that some people have to put a negative slant on things. :(

Let's try and keep this positive! :)
  • Options
    elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just be thankful that Beyonce isn't releasing anything anytime soon. :p

Personally, I rank them Gaga: Katy: Britney

It's such a horrible cliché but I came across Gaga & her music during an awful time of my life after a series of sudden deaths in the family and it provided an escape for me, so even though she pisses me off to no end sometimes, I still feel a strong adoration for her.

Katy I'm more hit and miss with. I barely rated One of the Boys but my friend who was obsessed with her convinced me to give her a fair chance with Teenage Dream, and right from the California Gurls single art reveal, I began to really like her. Out of the three, Katy probably has the best album campaigns out of all of them, even if releasing what felt like 1 million singles from 1 album sometimes felt exhaustive. :o But she does what she does well. There aren't any massive gaps between single release and video release a la Gaga, and even if the concept is completely obscure (looking at you California Gurls), the videos seem to always fit the songs, whereas Gaga's sometimes make me wonder what she was taking whilst concepting...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 369
    Forum Member
    Gaga's easily the most anticipated right now, but Katy's not far behind (even though I think that ''Burning Baby Blue'' video is the most try-hard mess since... well, Miley Cyrus a few weeks ago actually.

Britney's on hardly anyone's radar right now.
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's just be thankful that Beyonce isn't releasing anything anytime soon. :p

Personally, I rank them Gaga: Katy: Britney

It's such a horrible cliché but I came across Gaga & her music during an awful time of my life after a series of sudden deaths in the family and it provided an escape for me, so even though she pisses me off to no end sometimes, I still feel a strong adoration for her.

Katy I'm more hit and miss with. I barely rated One of the Boys but my friend who was obsessed with her convinced me to give her a fair chance with Teenage Dream, and right from the California Gurls single art reveal, I began to really like her. Out of the three, Katy probably has the best album campaigns out of all of them, even if releasing what felt like 1 million singles from 1 album sometimes felt exhaustive. :o But she does what she does well. There aren't any massive gaps between single release and video release a la Gaga, and even if the concept is completely obscure (looking at you California Gurls), the videos seem to always fit the songs, whereas Gaga's sometimes make me wonder what she was taking whilst concepting...

Calfornia Gurls Video is based on an American Bord game called Candyland hencefoth Candyfornia :p

I enjoyed The Fame it was an album that ever totally grabbed me. The fame Monster was and born This Way was sloppy at best so my interest with her has somewhat waned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    Gaga is my only majorly anticipated release out of those three.

For me, she's getting better with each release and I'm excited for ARTPOP because she's obviously hungry to prove herself, which hopefully means the flaws of the BTW campaign will be addressed. I'm loving the sound of the musical direction (complextro, trap, electronica) but I like that we'll probably be surprised by the result. Her creative collaborators so far are exciting too - Marina Abramovic, Jeff Koons, Robert Wilson and Inez & Vinoodh. I feel ARTPOP will be an exploration and celebration of "Lady Gaga", her first album where the aim is to show us what she's got and where she's going (The Fame was aiming for mainstream success, The Fame Monster was aiming to maintain the success and Born This Way was aiming to establish her fanbase).

Gaga's releases feel like events in pop and you know she's going to bring it. With the single, video and VMA performance coming all in the same week...I don't think she's playing around.

-

I'm interested in Britney's release supposedly being more personal with more creative input from her and that she's properly gearing up for her return, but I'm pretty sure we've heard that each time after Blackout. There's only so many "comebacks" you can have.

As for Katy, I'm sure she'll deliver some pop jams...but it remains to be seen whether Prism will be anything more than Teenage Dream 2.0 with 'serious face' and a black wig. With Dr Luke and Bonnie McKee behind the lead single again, it's not looking hopeful.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    I'm not a stan of any of them, but if I had to put them in an order of preference, I'd say Katy >>> Britney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GaGa.

I used to be a huge Britney fan, but the combination of me growing up (and therefore outgrowing most of her music, if that makes any sense) and her being a constant disappointment has changed that. Now I do have a soft spot for her and I respect her back catalogue as the pop perfection it is, but I don't think she has anything to offer now.

I don't like Katy's music that much, but at least she's easier to the eyes and ears and she writes her own music, as average as I may think it is. Besides, I think in her case, the "girl next door" image is closer to the truth than it ever was with Britney or other popstars of her calibre.

Now, as far as GaGa is concerned, I never got her, I don't get her now and judging by the cover and the lyrics of her new single, I never will get her.