Vita is a must have for PS4 owners :)
  • Options
    FIFA1966FIFA1966 Posts: 1,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Doesn't say what games you get?

Who cares about games?

All I care about is getting the thing, that is it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am very glad that I buyed one for £99.99.

Who wants to pay £999 for it?
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,137
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have moto gp 14 on ps4. Is it possible to play my saved game on this vita? Also how come it now says 999.99?
  • Options
    ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also how come it now says 999.99?
    It's probably out of stock so sellers increase the price instead of removing and then re-adding the listing at a later date.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I'd definitely consider it at £99.99 but not £1000 - thats crazy talk :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never actually owned a vita so no idea how good they are. My brother had one few years ago but wasn't impressed. One of the buttons kept sticking because of the way ps vita or psp was made. He never got another also game choice wasn't great. Im sure the newer ones are way better. Wouldn't mind one to play at work when on my break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have moto gp 14 on ps4. Is it possible to play my saved game on this vita? Also how come it now says 999.99?

If it says (Remote Play) or something like that on Moto GP 14, then you can.
  • Options
    hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i've got a bit of spare money, more than i thought i had. so i'll defo pay 999 for it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    If it says (Remote Play) or something like that on Moto GP 14, then you can.

It does say remote play supported.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does say remote play supported.

Here is the link:

http://whatisplaystation4.com/playstation-4-specs-and-capabilities/ps4-remote-play/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. Remote play sounds so cool provided you have good connection. Which vita is the best to get, the new slimline one with lcd screen or the older one with oled screen?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for that. Remote play sounds so cool provided you have good connection. Which vita is the best to get, the new slimline one with lcd screen or the older one with oled screen?

My advice is to get the one with the oled screen, because I've read somewhere not sure where, that the quality on the slim's lcd screen is not as good as the oled one.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me remote play sounded good but in practice is just ok. Maybe the type of games I play and lack of L2 R2 annoys me.

The slim also has annoying avs by the way which you can't permanently disable so have to remember to do it each time.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have the old Vita and the new slim model and I prefer the screen on the old model.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vita is a good machine but you have to decide how you are going to use it and whether it will be worthwhile.

I like gaming and having sport on - they are perfect bed-fellows. This means I can play the Vita versions of games like FFX and Child of Light and not hog the telly and then use the time I do have on the telly to play games that aren't on the Vita. It also means I can play more games as I can play the Vita games when I am out and about also.

I don't understand why anyone would play a FPS on the Vita as most of its fun is multi-player where you need a broadband connection and you get the best one at home - until we become advanced as some Asian countries in the mobile internet stakes - and why would you a multiplayer FPS on the Vita at home if you have a decent PC/console? The remote play thing doesn't interest me, even when I get a PS4. There are enough good games on the Vita to make it worthwhile and I prefer the games, Japanese and RPG, you can get for it.

Vita - good for Japanese themed games and RPGs, and earning brownie points for not hogging the telly; bad for FPS games and some remote play games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have read reviews from people who have said they prefer the oled screen and don't know why Sony changed it to LCD. Wanted to be able to play moto gp at work on my break so hoping remote play will be OK. Apparently I can also play my saved game of football manager. Not sure how good that will be though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FIFA1966 wrote: »
    My advice is to get the one with the oled screen, because I've read somewhere not sure where, that the quality on the slim's lcd screen is not as good as the oled one.

Does remote play work with the old version?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It should. Remote Play works on all kinds of Vita.

If it doesn't, let me know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure whether to get the old or new one either - some people have said theyre fine with the new screen as LCD tech has improved nowadays.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member

That's a definite yes.

I have the launch model and remote play works perfectly.

The only differencentral is the screen and the thickness. Everything that works on one, works on the other.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hey,
    Was wondering if this is a good bargain as I kinda just want to bite the bullet and buy a Vita to read Danganronpa and the like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Ps-Vita-Handheld-Console-With-Wifi-and-3G-/351119480643?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item51c05a1743

What does "Manufacturer Refurbished" mean?
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Hey,
    Was wondering if this is a good bargain as I kinda just want to bite the bullet and buy a Vita to read Danganronpa and the like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sony-Ps-Vita-Handheld-Console-With-Wifi-and-3G-/351119480643?pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameConsoles_VideoGameConsoles&hash=item51c05a1743

What does "Manufacturer Refurbished" mean?

Refurbished products may be unused customer returns that are essentially "new" items, or they may be defective products that were returned under warranty, and resold by the manufacturer after repairing the defects and ensuring proper function.

Good price though and comes with a 12 month warranty so yeah, go for it :)