Options

Do M&S have party food in at the moment?

GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I am having a little gathering over Easter and wanted to get some party food bits to make life easier. I am sure the supermarkets used to do party food for Easter, but the ones local to me don't have any apart from a small amount of frozen stuff that I think is left over from Christmas.

So, will probably have to go to M&S but we don't have one close, it's about a 30 minute drive each way so I don't really want to make the trip if they don't have any either.

Anyone been recently? I have had a look on their site but on there they just have the platters that you order.

Comments

• Options
    dellzinchtdellzincht Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't you have a Tesco? They do frozen party food all year round. So do Iceland and it's actually better than you'd think.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ask on their Twitter. Be specific about what you want, or they might think the platters will do you. Specify you don't want the ready-made party platters of sarnies, etc.

https://twitter.com/marksandspencer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
  • Options
    maddie_brundretmaddie_brundret Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    You could try going onto the M&S web site.
    Click on find a store.
    Then your nearest store should come up.
    Click on that and up comes all details including a telephone number which you could ring to ask if they do do them.
    Best of luck.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is quite a lot you can order online here and then collect in store, or I expect you could get a catalogue by going to the store, but that would mean a journey for you (it is easier for me, our local branch is only 10 minutes on the bus :) ).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dellzincht wrote: »
    Don't you have a Tesco? They do frozen party food all year round. So do Iceland and it's actually better than you'd think.

Tesco is who I was on about with just a little bit of frozen party food that seems to be left over. All they have is sausage rolls, Indian and Chinese selections. We have an Iceland quite local but the parking is a bugger. May have to go though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relly wrote: »
    Ask on their Twitter. Be specific about what you want, or they might think the platters will do you. Specify you don't want the ready-made party platters of sarnies, etc.

https://twitter.com/marksandspencer?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Will try that thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of Twitter in the first place.
    You could try going onto the M&S web site.
    Click on find a store.
    Then your nearest store should come up.
    Click on that and up comes all details including a telephone number which you could ring to ask if they do do them.
    Best of luck.

I could but thought I'd ask here ;-)

albertd wrote: »
    There is quite a lot you can order online here and then collect in store, or I expect you could get a catalogue by going to the store, but that would mean a journey for you (it is easier for me, our local branch is only 10 minutes on the bus :) ).

As said, I have looked on their site and know they have the platters it's not them I am wanting though. For a start they are very expensive for what you get.

Thank you though.
  • Options
    RellyRelly Posts: 3,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »

Will try that thanks. Don't know why I didn't think of Twitter in the first place.

I could but thought I'd ask here ;-)

As said, I have looked on their site and know they have the platters it's not them I am wanting though. For a start they are very expensive for what you get.

Thank you though.

Hehe it certainly wasn't my first thought either, but when I typed M&S into Google (to rummage through their Food pages), their Twitter page was there and I thought maybe it would be a faster answer for you - social media image and all that. :)
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can order food online, we used their service for a work function.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best place for party food at any time of year is Iceland - plus their food is much tastier and better quality than Tesco - and cheaper (though that doesn't take much!)
  • Options
    Fee77Fee77 Posts: 3,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny I ask this question myself when in M&S last weekend, and was told, they really only do party food at Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Best place for party food at any time of year is Iceland - plus their food is much tastier and better quality than Tesco - and cheaper (though that doesn't take much!)
    Fee77 wrote: »
    Funny I ask this question myself when in M&S last weekend, and was told, they really only do party food at Christmas.

Thanks. Looks like it may be a trip to Iceland then.
  • Options
    albertdalbertd Posts: 14,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was in M&S today and as I passed the food hall enquiry desk I had a look to see f they had any party food brochures and I couldn't see any. They certainly used to have them as we have used the service mid-year in the past. Mind you, if they had, it would probably have been the same selection as on the web site.