Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^That remains to be seen. Hopefully, but no one knows yet. Sometimes talent just isnt enough.
  • Options
    old mixerold mixer Posts: 2,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm wondering if the Stateside recording this week is for a brand new single - or a new "US friendly" version/video for whichever track is next to be released in America ???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My guess is something new. There isnt enough time now to promote from the first album before they'd be bumping up against the rollout for the next one. Besides, they could have just recorded a variation back in England.

They probably want the girls and the US producers to be able to indulge in some creative back and forth and that's why they're physically here. Its easier to communicate that way.

I wonder if any new music videos will be shot out here. UK artists seem to love that for some reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wanted's new single is "We Own the Night". That's the same song title as the one LM just recorded with MNEK. :rolleyes:

Ha ha, Birdy just released "Wings".

Can songwriters please think of some original titles!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    old mixer wrote: »
    I'm wondering if the Stateside recording this week is for a brand new single - or a new "US friendly" version/video for whichever track is next to be released in America ???

I think DNA is finished in the US and I am quite happy about that to be honest. The US fans have already been listening to DNA for ages with it being fully available on YouTube since pretty much day one, so there isn't going to be any significant buzz about any future singles from it. A half arsed release of CYL or something could be pretty suicidal I think. Fortunately, it looks like Columbia are aware of that.

Columbia, for me, seem to have their sights set on a high profile fresh new single release, that will hopefully prove a smash and lead up to a big campaign for the new album, probably for Xmas.

- tim
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @iainjames1
    #littlemixalbum2 - Mixers round the world get ready... You will not be disappointed!!

:eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    https://mobile.twitter.com/iainjames1/status/362316392164368384

@iainjames1: @LittleMixOffic @IAmDuvall Time of the month Nathan??” I blame YOU for their studio etiquette Farquharson #littleshits

:D
  • Options
    EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a clip with more footage of Jesy, Jade and Leigh-Anne's auditions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4etV-8slwd4
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OT:-
    @iainjames1 --- is also raving about MKS on twitter

(I just hope LM get the good stuff) ;):cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 286
    Forum Member
    @iainjames1
    #littlemixalbum2 - Mixers round the world get ready... You will not be disappointed!!

Definitely can't wait if that is the case. 4 genuinely talented singers and their writer with a remarkable story.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    OT:-
    @iainjames1 --- is also raving about MKS on twitter

(I just hope LM get the good stuff) ;):cool:

Both are genuine class. EuropeIain knows what he's doing. Not bad for a former flop boyband singer!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Found a clip with more footage of Jesy, Jade and Leigh-Anne's auditions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4etV-8slwd4

Thank you!!! :D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    @iainjames1

I really hope we don't get strung out until October...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also found this performance of DNA at T4:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt95tiI6jGY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you!!! :D:cool:
    You're welcome, love the username!
    Can I also say I LOVE how everyone is so positive about these girls here! We're a team :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I really hope we don't get strung out until October...

September is too soon. The song musically should be unveiled then, but should be given time to circulate the rounds before a mid-October release. Good stuff often comes around October, such as Read All About It.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leo_Howard wrote: »
    September is too soon. The song musically should be unveiled then, but should be given time to circulate the rounds before a mid-October release. Good stuff often comes around October, such as Read All About It.

I was hoping for September release but thinking about it, it's unrealistic. I mean, we are in August now, September is just around the corner :o (where are the months going :eek:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10.21 GMT -- Little Mix are trending at this time :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I think DNA is finished in the US and I am quite happy about that to be honest. The US fans have already been listening to DNA for ages with it being fully available on YouTube since pretty much day one, so there isn't going to be any significant buzz about any future singles from it. A half arsed release of CYL or something could be pretty suicidal I think. Fortunately, it looks like Columbia are aware of that.

Columbia, for me, seem to have their sights set on a high profile fresh new single release, that will hopefully prove a smash and lead up to a big campaign for the new album, probably for Xmas.

- tim
    Completely agree. I think Columbia is a very solid label. I mean Emblem3 managed to sell about 46,000 copies which might not sound impressive, but considering X Factor's reputation/ratings in the US, they've managed to do quite well for themselves.

I could definitely see the next single and album getting a worldwide release off the bat. Hopefully, I'll like what they're bringing. Extremely excited for any hints about this single :D :cool:
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    10.21 GMT -- Little Mix are trending at this time :D

They have been trending all day in the UK sometimes even the top trend.

Dont get excited though it for the pointless MTV Hottest thing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Also the even more pointless "OMG 1D and Little Mix are both in LA a;dkghaghahgm"
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^Also the even more pointless "OMG 1D and Little Mix are both in LA a;dkghaghahgm"

Lol :D How many times have people tweeted that! :rolleyes: So boring! :yawn:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not as many as "Zayn thinks he's in Little Mix" zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Please grow up soon LM. This teen fanbase is killing me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they posted this on their Twitter account, I found it by going directly to their Instagram. Did Leigh say they were recording with Jimmy Jam of Janet Jackson fame? Sorry, she was speaking too quickly for me!

http://instagram.com/p/cukJKMuGRV/

From Wiki:
    To date, Jam and Lewis have produced 16 #1 singles on Billboard's Hot 100 chart:
    Janet Jackson's "When I Think Of You"; "Miss You Much"; "Escapade"; "Love Will Never Do (Without You)"; "That's the Way Love Goes"; "Again"; "Together Again"; "Doesn't Really Matter" & "All for You"
    The Human League's "Human"
    George Michael's "Monkey"
    Karyn White's "Romantic"
    Boyz II Men's "On Bended Knee" & "4 Seasons of Loneliness"
    Mariah Carey's "Thank God I Found You" featuring Joe & 98 Degrees
    Usher's "U Remind Me"

Who's excited?! :eek:

Edit: Perrie loves to photobomb Serious Leigh-Anne.

Edit 2: Its weird to have them posting things in my timezone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed this one from a few days ago:

@IAmDuvall 5 Aug
    2:30am Up in the studio late as phuck workin on the @LittleMixOffic song. Y'all better love it!
This discussion has been closed.