Options

National Television Awards voting live-

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 204
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    But 2013 could be a quiet year for Doctor Who :p Apart from Jenna when she wins Best Female Drama Performance, obviously :cool:

Well baring in mind theres more episodes in the second half of the series alone, as well as the anniversary and all the extra stuff they'll end up doing... its going to be a much busier year than 2012 for certain.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know what Doctor Who needs.

Slow motion cricket!
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Without wishing to sound like Polly Toynbee it is an odd phenomenon that in these difficult and fraught times the general viewing public seems to seek comfort in unchallenging 'chicken soup' shows like Downton, Miranda and Call the Midwife. But such as it is. We good folk here know that DW and Sherlock are the best shows in television. I could quite frankly give the proverbial flying fig what a load of Sun readers and ITV X factor viewers consider good television.
  • Options
    saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna call it now and say ITV2 will be developing Celebrity Flying Figs as we speak. Itll probably win best entertainment show in 2015.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder if that reaction was agreed between them previously, or if it was spontaneous by both. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if that reaction was agreed between them previously, or if it was spontaneous by both. :D

Probably considered appropriate to follow Martin's previous TOWIE victory reaction.

He looked so brilliantly bored, even when the Sherlock clip finished. He and June Brown made the whole thing worthwhile.
  • Options
    sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame that Doctor Who didn't get awards this year but there is always next year to look forward to.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait until Doctor Who is shown to be beaten by slow-motion tea drinking as opposed to slow-motion cricket.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's really cheered me up CD :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Doctor and Clara must drink tea in proper cups with scones and a small selection of small sandwiches surely.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Sherlock...!"

Yes.

Big yes.

...and Arthur's Downton reaction to round off the night.

Well, this has been fun :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that is funny, did you see Phillip Schofield doing his funny look too?:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sandydune wrote: »
    that is funny, did you see Phillip Schofield doing his funny look too?:D

You mean this, right? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Sherlock...!"

Yes.

Big yes.

...and Arthur's Downton reaction to round off the night.

Well, this has been fun :p

Brilliant. :D Can't decide if that's Arthur's "There goes next year's invite" face or his "Why did they stick me with The Paradise cast ? I did one episode, one episode..." face.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean this, right? ;)
    no, that's not the one.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    Brilliant. :D Can't decide if that's Arthur's "There goes next year's invite" face or his "Why did they stick me with The Paradise cast ? I did one episode, one episode..." face.
    it may be the 'oh no, I will have to buy my own drinks down the pub' as opposed to 'party party'.:D can't blame him, it must have been a bit disappointing. I would have bought him a drink and crisps or any other snack of his choice :D
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,101
    Forum Member
    Hey. Its just my opinion. No offence to the guy. I think he is competent. But Matt and Benedict are out of this world actors. Two of the most talented this country has. Colin Morgan isn't in the same league.

As much as I rate Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Morgan deserved his award. His acting throughout Merlin but particularly in the last series has been superb for such a young actor. He has a bright future ahead of him in my opinion.
  • Options
    Ed SizzersEd Sizzers Posts: 2,671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    As much as I rate Matt Smith and Benedict Cumberbatch, Colin Morgan deserved his award. His acting throughout Merlin but particularly in the last series has been superb for such a young actor. He has a bright future ahead of him in my opinion.
    If Morgan had only been up against Smith OR Cumberpatch, he wouldn't have had a chance. He's a competent enough actor, but he's really not in the same league as either of them (or even Daniel Mays, if we're being honest) It was only the inevitable voting split between the two actors from the two biggest shows (and with the most 'overlapping' fanbases) that let Morgan sneak in the back door.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I don't think so, dont disparage him like that! I voted for Morgan because it was Merlin's last chance to win an award, and he was superb in the finale.

Anyone noticed the gaffe on BBC red button yet? on page 520 they list Doctor Who as winning best drama :D
  • Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I don't think so, dont disparage him like that! I voted for Morgan because it was Merlin's last chance to win an award, and he was superb in the finale.

Anyone noticed the gaffe on BBC red button yet? on page 520 they list Doctor Who as winning best drama :D

That's my new job. I edit page 520 these days.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's times like this I wish fandom was less divided than it is.

Still, I doubt Sherlock will be in the running next year, and due to the 50th Anniversary events, DW should have a massive push to sweep the board next year.
  • Options
    RooksRooks Posts: 9,101
    Forum Member
    Ed Sizzers wrote: »
    It was only the inevitable voting split between the two actors from the two biggest shows (and with the most 'overlapping' fanbases) that let Morgan sneak in the back door.

Sorry, but I think that's nonsense. Last year Matt Smith and John Barrowman were both up for the award and it didn't split the voting enough to prevent Matt Smith winning. Besides, Merlin also shares much of the same audience as Doctor Who so by that logic, Colin Morgan shouldn't have won either.

Matt Smith is a great actor, I rate him highly but I thought Colin Morgan deserved his award last night. In fact I know a lot of Doctor Who fans who voted for Morgan rather than Smith this year. His performance in Merlin has been fantastic.
  • Options
    Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Sorry, but I think that's nonsense. Last year Matt Smith and John Barrowman were both up for the award and it didn't split the voting enough to prevent Matt Smith winning. Besides, Merlin also shares much of the same audience as Doctor Who so by that logic, Colin Morgan shouldn't have won either.

Matt Smith is a great actor, I rate him highly but I thought Colin Morgan deserved his award last night. In fact I know a lot of Doctor Who fans who voted for Morgan rather than Smith this year. His performance in Merlin has been fantastic.

But Benedict Cumberbatch has an inarguably bigger fanbase than John Barrowman. That's why it would be more of a split.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    At least I got to see the 12th Doctor for a couple of minutes.
    :confused: Who do you mean?