Lesbian teen, 16, 'thrown out of McDonald's toilet- staff thought she was a BOY

Comments

• Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "I THINK THERE'S BEEN A RAPE UP THERE!"

"...Always get their attention!"
    Can I say right now, that I've never heard one account of a man who dragged up/ started transition as a wily ruse to get into a woman's changing room/ toilet.

And I'll tell you why not. Because the practicalities of carrying that out are both mental and extreme.

As a 'regular fella' would you wander the street in women's clothing trying to pass as female? To go against social convention like. That, takes an incredible amount of bravery.

To got that far, just to get access to a women's place of sanctuary..... That seems incredibly unlikely.

And this is it - for some reason, idiots and ****wits seem to think all trans people are out to "get a bit" and invent these ridiculous laws. Even better idea - how about not being a cheapskate with your toilet cubicles, and making them floor to ceiling? Seems extreme, but surely it's a lot better than everyone getting their knickers in a twist because they think some butch lesbian is a boy trying to cop an eyeful when she's really just wanting to chuck a piss or a shit.

Causing trouble? Fine, evict. But I suspect this was posted because the OP wanted to cause some kind of DS forum "debate" so that all the fellow morons could each use their one rattling brain cell to belittle her for looking like a guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member

And this is it - for some reason, idiots and ****wits seem to think all trans people are out to "get a bit" and invent these ridiculous laws. Even better idea - how about not being a cheapskate with your toilet cubicles, and making them floor to ceiling? Seems extreme, but surely it's a lot better than everyone getting their knickers in a twist because they think some butch lesbian is a boy trying to cop an eyeful when she's really just wanting to chuck a piss or a shit.

Causing trouble? Fine, evict. But I suspect this was posted because the OP wanted to cause some kind of DS forum "debate" so that all the fellow morons could each use their one rattling brain cell to belittle her for looking like a guy.

That is the general idea of a forum.:confused::confused::confused:

Are you calling anyone an idiot, please clarify your remarks.
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think this post is very unreasonable, quite honestly. Whilst I'm all for absolute fair play for transgender folk, you also have to understand the very real fear some females have for being sexually assaulted.

Nobody's belittling the girl in question. Merely stating facts.

Really no need to adopt such a hostile and aggressive tone towards others. As far as the OP, are you forum police deciding what should and shouldn't be debated, and then questioning FM's intellects for doing so? How arrogant can you get?
  • Options
    noodkleopatranoodkleopatra Posts: 12,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is the general idea of a forum.:confused::confused::confused:

Are you calling anyone an idiot, please clarify your remarks.

Wouldn't dream of calling anyone an idiot. Merely stating there's debate and there's "debate". But of course, idiots are allowed to "debate" on a light entertainment website as much as the next person... Idiots are also allowed to vote...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Wouldn't dream of calling anyone an idiot. Merely stating there's debate and there's "debate". But of course, idiots are allowed to "debate" on a light entertainment website as much as the next person... Idiots are also allowed to vote...

We have never elected a hitler, so we can't be that bad.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7056775/Lesbian-teenager-16-thrown-out-of-McDonalds-because-staff-thought-she-was-a-BOY-using-womens-toilets.html

The Sun reports.

I think McDonalds made an honest mistake. Also the group she was with was causing trouble.

She does have her hair styled just like a lad's. I would probably think she was male if I saw her. If you're going to have your hair styled just like some lads do, you shouldn't be surprised if people think you're male. If her voice sounds male, that will make people think even more that she's male.
  • Options
    BarmyTightsBarmyTights Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever use McDonald's for it's toilets anyway.......
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Not surprised to be honest, on first glance she looks like a boy!
  • Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Says it all..
    "This group has been asked to leave the restaurant on numerous occasions over the past few days, culminating in the police being called on Tuesday evening. These actions have been taken due to unacceptable behaviour only."

Non story. Why it made the papers I've no clue. Don't they have anything better to report?
  • Options
    Misanthropy_83Misanthropy_83 Posts: 2,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you go out of your way to look like a boy you can't complain when people think you are one if you're not
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    To be fair she does look like a young lad especially on first look, duck's arse haircut and all.
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only ever use McDonald's for it's toilets anyway.......

the whole restaurant is one big toilet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why gay men act camp and lesbians make themselves butch because if you're a gay man you're attracted to men who act like men and if you're a lesbian you're attracted to women who are feminine not women to do their best to make themselves look like men
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never understood why gay men act camp and lesbians make themselves butch because if you're a gay man you're attracted to men who act like men and if you're a lesbian you're attracted to women who are feminine not women to do their best to make themselves look like men

A) It's not an act, it's how they are naturally
    B) They aren't attracted to the same sex because of gender specific stereotypes.

The ignorance is strong in you.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rowdy teens getting kicked out of McDonalds is what passes for news these days?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Schmiznurf wrote: »
    The ignorance is strong in you.

Um no it's really not
  • Options
    ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    I would have legit pulled my pants down.

Sorry I didn't read the story, I just tend to do that.
  • Options
    RedRose9191RedRose9191 Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm a lesbian and I'm pretty feminine. My girlfriend is quite feminine too. I bet if you saw us in real life you wouldn't clock either of us as being lesbians. When we're together we're usually mistaken for friends and people are always surprised when they find out we're actually a couple. I've also met quite a few masculine gay men who you wouldn't guess were gay.

I think it's much more likely that people tend to notice the butch lesbians and the feminine gay men because they're obviously gay if you see what I mean. I'm sure you probably see plenty of feminine lesbians and masculine gay men, you just don't realise that's what they are.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably because human sexuality is complex and varied. Different people like different things.
  • Options
    juliancarswelljuliancarswell Posts: 8,896
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a genuine mistake, but as she is obviously aiming to look like a boy I would have thought she would have been chuffed.
  • Options
    Gordie1Gordie1 Posts: 6,993
    Forum Member
    To me it looks like a rowdy person was thrown out of McDonalds, the person thrown out has played her trump card in that she was a lesbian, no doubt had she been black she would have accused them of racism as well.
  • Options
    Chihiro77Chihiro77 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is exactly the point. Why on Earth people are so obsessed with what's between the legs of the person in the cubicle next to them is beyond me.

Well, exactly. Both men and women use my toilet at home...:D
  • Options
    mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but surely it's a lot better than everyone getting their knickers in a twist because they think some butch lesbian is a boy trying to cop an eyeful when she's really just wanting to chuck a piss or a shit.
    Nice turn of phrase you have there
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like a genuine mistake, but as she is obviously aiming to look like a boy I would have thought she would have been chuffed.

she is 'chuffed' but they refused to believe her :eek:
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,574
    Forum Member

I don't think she's "aiming to look like a boy" - she's just gone for a common lesbian "look".