Options

Arsenal Supporters Thread (Part 15)

Comments

• Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    Wenger usually gets an easy ride from the media so any suggestion that this witchhunt against Wenger is media led is foolish. The media would be happy with us getting fourth every year without questioning him. The Jacqui Oatleys of this world are few and far between.
  • Options
    satellitesatellite Posts: 8,181
    Forum Member
    2p wrote: »
    Why are you comparing Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Bayern Munich to Arsenal. They are at different stages. Our target at the moment isn't to win 3 trophies a year, it's to grow as a club so that we can get to that stage. At the AGM the board were talking about their plans to get to the level of the top teams, and to do that they must set out a steady blueprint if they want to achieve that soon.

Wenger is humble because he is bottling up his feelings and taking the blame for what is going on. He is humble because he could have left the club to win trophies elsewhere.

How do you know he hesitates in the transfer market? Oh that's right, you listen to who the media link us with, even though he may not have been going after a player. If you build your hopes up on transfer rumours you'll always be let down as a gooner.

Of course he will say the same thing when he is being interviewed. Every manager is usually told to limit how much information they give out to the public, it's his way of staying professional. Not every manager will be as "entertaining" as Mourinho.

He did not belittle the female reporter, she was stupid enough not to listen to what he just said and tried to twist his words and he gently corrected her. That spat was clearly caused by Mourinho, who was obstructing him as he was about to look at Alexis who had just been on the wrong end of a horrific foul. You act like Wenger is a childish person when he's always had class, and Mourinho's always tried to get under his skin.

We know he hesitates in the transfer market the same way you know he's humble! Unless you're his wife, I doubt you can say anything about his personal character for certain.

What I do know for sure, as I've seen it with my own eyes is he doesn't like responding to questions that call him to account, to which he invariably comes across as petulant and arrogant.
  • Options
    DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta love Polds! Rumours he would join Spuds. His response "hell will freeze over before this happens".
  • Options
    SpiderMan 83SpiderMan 83 Posts: 11,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    satellite wrote: »
    We know he hesitates in the transfer market the same way you know he's humble! Unless you're his wife, I doubt you can say anything about his personal character for certain.

What I do know for sure, as I've seen it with my own eyes is he doesn't like responding to questions that call him to account, to which he invariably comes across as petulant and arrogant.

Pretty much this. The only thing i agreed with is Banning players talking to the media. I don't believe they should unless we have won something. Our players talk too much rubbish in the media and its time to stop and do the talking on the pitch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141021/team-news-chambers-ospina-and-coquelin
    on the injury to David Ospina...
    It is exactly the same one [as from the World Cup]. He had his first injury at Nice - it was a knee problem and he was a bit rushed back and did not use his leg, so his muscle became weaker. Then he got injured in the World Cup. After that, he came to us injured after the World Cup and it took him two months to play again. I had to bring him on against Galatasaray without a warm up and being prepared, so he had a recurrence of that injury. It means he is out for two to three months, now we have to be really careful because it is a recurrence of a thigh injury, which is very difficult. It is a long-term injury.

Ospina crocked for a few months now. when it rains with us it really pours. Now we have to put up with sczhesney for longer ffs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That clears it up then. Hadn't seen anything to say how long he would be out for.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,718
    Forum Member
    http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20141021/team-news-chambers-ospina-and-coquelin

Ospina crocked for a few months now. when it rains with us it really pours. Now we have to put up with sczhesney for longer ffs.

Not tonight he's suspended Martinez is in goal and some unknown teenager will be on the bench.
  • Options
    robborocksrobborocks Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Fully agree with this.

Just seen the BBC interview and he came across very badly.

Everybody knew we needed a new DM and a new CB but mr £8mil a year decided not to bother, his vanity project at our club will end up costing the fans whilst he earns huge sums. He appears to have no desire to win or to change his ways, he is destroying his legacy every season.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    sotek wrote: »
    Arsene humble? Possibly the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on this thread and that's saying something. Even if what you say is true (it isn't) taking the blame and not moving elsewhere to win trophies wouldn't be humble, it would be monumentally stupid and utterly disrespectful to the fans by pocketing £8m a year whilst not standing up and telling the truth.

robborocks wrote: »
    Fully agree with this.

Just seen the BBC interview and he came across very badly.

Everybody knew we needed a new DM and a new CB but mr £8mil a year decided not to bother, his vanity project at our club will end up costing the fans whilst he earns huge sums. He appears to have no desire to win or to change his ways, he is destroying his legacy every season.

Are you all really deluded enough to believe that Wenger does not want to buy players to cover positions he needs? He's a top class manager and knows exactly what needs to be done, but he cannot do it because of board limitations.

He was quite friendly in the interview, friendlier than I would have been to the silly woman. She clearly didn't listen to him and he's supposed to give her the time of day?

On another note, Happy birthday to the legend Arsene Wenger. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, good luck to the guys tonight. Not really sure what to expect though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you all really deluded enough to believe that Wenger does not want to buy players to cover positions he needs? He's a top class manager and knows exactly what needs to be done, but he cannot do it because of board limitations.

He was quite friendly in the interview, friendlier than I would have been to the silly woman. She clearly didn't listen to him and he's supposed to give her the time of day?

I think it is you that is deluded, board limitations! Pull the other one.

I take it from this post and your one in the Ched Evans thread that you are incredibly sexist.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, good luck to the guys tonight. Not really sure what to expect though!

Anderlecht seem pumped but think it should be a comfortable win for us in the end.
  • Options
    fast leftfast left Posts: 2,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

oh dear another arsene fc supporter :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anderlecht seem pumped but think it should be a comfortable win for us in the end.

I hope so :)
  • Options
    soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you all really deluded enough to believe that Wenger does not want to buy players to cover positions he needs? He's a top class manager and knows exactly what needs to be done, but he cannot do it because of board limitations

Really? Makes you wonder why he wasted those precious 'limited' resources the board allow him on Alexis rather than on midfield and defence doesn't it? Surely the weaknesses in those positions would have been much more of a priority to him seeing how he is still such a top class manager wouldn't they?

That isn't to say that I think the Alexis signing was bad (although given how appallingly he is mis-managing the Ozil situation we should probably reserve judgement) but I think other areas of the team were crying out for far more urgent attention.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are just poor. Liverpool :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are just poor.

Agreed, poorly set up, poor play, poor ht team talk to come up followed by poor substitutions.

Carzola seems to be the new Jon Jensen, he's become terrible.
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I need 15 minutes for a lie down after all that excitement!

Two average teams - one shit match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think I'd rather watch Liverpool get smashed than the second half of this!
  • Options
    ustarionustarion Posts: 20,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What on earth is wrong with Wenger? Why is he so short-sighted? I can't remember the last time when Arsenal played really well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful stuff to watch.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    Don't understand this match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    Awful stuff to watch.

It was never going to be pretty tbf. Get the points what matters tbh. Cl group games are always dire imo.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member

Look no further than your mirror for the answer to that one!

Let's hope the bolded comes to pass. Not looking like it will though from what we've seen so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tiron wrote: »
    Look no further than your mirror for the answer to that one!

Let's hope the bolded comes to pass. Not looking like it will though from what we've seen so far.

Should've been comfortable but been a terrible performance, Wilshere, Ramsey and carzola seem intent on playing worse than the other each game.

Surely Chamberlain on soon.
This discussion has been closed.