Options

The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 46)

Comments

• Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBAnne wrote: »
    Couldn't work out whether to watch Austrian NF or Masterchef Australia tonight - fell asleep, missed both :mad:

You missed the exclusive announcement of the UK's act for Malmo.:p
  • Options
    BBAnneBBAnne Posts: 23,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What!!!!!!! It's started again?

Repeat of Series 3 on Really, 7pm! I hadn't seen it before

Luke Fisher was on the jury scores tonight?! How did that happen??
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From pingu's list above, I think this is an incredibly strong song from Romania's selection.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythQGlqVoRs&sns=tw

It almost sounds like Evacuate The Dancefloor in the intro.:eek:;)

It's no Mandinga anyway and seems like the type of song that would be horrible live. :(
  • Options
    penguinpersonpenguinperson Posts: 16,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From pingu's list above, I think this is an incredibly strong song from Romania's selection.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ythQGlqVoRs&sns=tw

It almost sounds like Evacuate The Dancefloor in the intro.:eek:;)

I find it quite boring in all honesty. Diana is winning this still imo.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You missed the exclusive announcement of the UK's act for Malmo.:p

Now I know that isn't true, or we'd be at least at 57 pages by now (and there would be a few new threads saying "take Eurovision away from the BBC NOW!")

Not my fault that Taylor Dayne ain't everyone's cup of tea ....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking youtube for Latvia 2013 - seems that every performance from Semi Final 2 is available, except the car crash that was Niko "One"

As he is one of the favourites to win (it's such a catchy song) do you think there's a bit of svt-ing going on there?

Plenty of clips of the studio version available!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just checking youtube for Latvia 2013 - seems that every performance from Semi Final 2 is available, except the car crash that was Niko "One"

As he is one of the favourites to win (it's such a catchy song) do you think there's a bit of svt-ing going on there?

Niko's on first tomorrow night.....probably to get it over and done with so as not to scare too many viewers away.PeR have the pimp slot with Here we Go.

Luke announced that Kym Marsh from Girls Aloud is likely to be the UK act.:D:D He won't live that one down for a while.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I know that isn't true, or we'd be at least at 57 pages by now (and there would be a few new threads saying "take Eurovision away from the BBC NOW!")

Not my fault that Taylor Dayne ain't everyone's cup of tea ....

Chickens is telling the truth - it was revealed during the Austrian National Final that the UK entry would be sung by no other than Kym Marsh.

Of Girls Aloud.

:)
  • Options
    contejascontejas Posts: 8,958
    Forum Member

Oh I thought none of these were up - so on behalf of Anne and I -- I present...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaT0NWD0twg

Worth a watch -- didn't make it through!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Louise was the winner last week by some distance I think Anton did well also.

Sorry I was paying attention to a troll on escnation. Sean won last week and Anton second
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niko's on first tomorrow night.....probably to get it over and done with so as not to scare too many viewers away.PeR have the pimp slot with Here we Go.

Luke announced that Kym Marsh from Girls Aloud is likely to be the UK act.:D:D He won't live that one down for a while.

I wondered why he'd put on FB "F**k, I said the wrong Kim!"

He's sooo wrong anyway, couldn't be wronger - he thinks he knows stuff and he don't :p
    Fudd wrote: »
    Chickens is telling the truth - it was revealed during the Austrian National Final that the UK entry would be sung by no other than Kym Marsh.

Of Girls Aloud.

:)

See above, Mr Fisher has never been one of my favourites - him and Ewan Spence are off to Hungary tomorrow, if you're lucky he'll turn up on the panel there too!
    contejas wrote: »
    Oh I thought none of these were up - so on behalf of Anne and I -- I present...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaT0NWD0twg

Worth a watch -- didn't make it through!

Aah, I'll miss the dresses made of flipcharts tomorrow :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Romanian hopeful has surfaced.....this is really catchy in a Zaleilah way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMl_1fTeAQ
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MF rehearsal audience result

Eddie Razaz 21%
    Elin Pettersson 3%
    Ravaillacz 15%
    Amanda Fondell 20%
    Martin Rolinski 12%
    Caroline af Ugglas 3%
    State of Drama 10%
    Janet Leon 12%

I can't see Eddie winning tbh, I don't think Alibi is as good as Begging. Unfortunately I can't see Martin doing that well and I think Janet is being seriously underrated here. And as for the old men, well they're no Hanson Carson and Malmkvist are they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

See above, Mr Fisher has never been one of my favourites - him and Ewan Spence are off to Hungary tomorrow, if you're lucky he'll turn up on the panel there too!

Oh joy....that means that bloody puppet will be popping up again.
  • Options
    Drew PeacockDrew Peacock Posts: 12,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh joy....that means that bloody puppet will be popping up again.
    You'll be doing an "Anne" and summoning up Ewan with talk like that. ;) I'll do some crawling by saying he would make the perfect Eurovision commentator.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see Eddie winning tbh, I don't think Alibi is as good as Begging. Unfortunately I can't see Martin doing that well and I think Janet is being seriously underrated here. And as for the old men, well they're no Hanson Carson and Malmkvist are they?

I fear the old men could be this years Bjorn.
  • Options
    steeleuro_wolfsteeleuro_wolf Posts: 13,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I fear the old men could be this years Bjorn.

I fear you may be right. :p
  • Options
    gottagogottago Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quite like Austria. Not going to set the world alight but it beats Conchita at least. ;)

14 down, 25 to go!
  • Options
    big bro geekbig bro geek Posts: 18,268
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what have we got tomorrow? MelFest and......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    So what have we got tomorrow? MelFest and......

San Remo final with the ESC artist announcement, Latvia final, A Dal Heat 3 and Eesti Laula Heat 1.
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we know 25 of the 39 acts now seems strange and we have only not heard 3 songs from the first half of semi 1. At the moment I would have Slovenia open the semi I think.
  • Options
    ESC RossESC Ross Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving Austria! This is heading straight into my top 5 so far :D
  • Options
    Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Romanian hopeful has surfaced.....this is really catchy in a Zaleilah way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phMl_1fTeAQ

Yes please Romania! This is excellent. :)
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Austria is very Eurovision.

Will be a borderline qualifier, I think.
  • Options
    BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Austria, this possibly could be a good year. Was starting to think it would be a naff year early on :D
This discussion has been closed.