Films you just don't fancy....

Jo MarchJo March Posts: 9,256
Forum Member
....despite good/rave reviews.

From what I've heard about Argo I think it will be my kind of film but I just don't fancy it.

I will probably get round to watching it at some point but it's not shouting "Please watch me" at it.

Anyone else feel like this about a film/s

(Another one I can think of is The Big Lebowski which I still haven't seen yet)

Comments

• Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will admit there are certain genres I am not keen on, such as rom coms, horror, musicals...however there are always exceptions and films that are just so good, so well made and garner such universally good reviews and word of mouth that I will dip into these genre's if I believe the film is worth a look.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo March wrote: »
    ....despite good/rave reviews.

From what I've heard about Argo I think it will be my kind of film but I just don't fancy it.

I will probably get round to watching it at some point but it's not shouting "Please watch me" at it.

Anyone else feel like this about a film/s

(Another one I can think of is The Big Lebowski which I still haven't seen yet)

Argo for me as well, it's on Sky at the moment..but just never in the mood to watch it.

I haven't seen The Big Lebowski either and again in no particular rush to.

Other films for me was The Bourne series, haven't seen any of those yet.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's usually actors that slows me down from seeing their critically acclaimed films. I'd have to be in the right mood before I'm willing to watch.

I move slow on seeing modern American big-budget comedy films as well. Quite a few popular ones don't do anything for me, so a comedy film has to have an actor I like for it to work.

Feel-good films about race don't get my attention that easily. The Help, for instance. :rolleyes:

I tend to avoid seeing well-hyped horror films for at least a year or two if ever. I'm still annoyed that I saw Drag Me to Hell during its hyped period. Such a piece of crap.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    I have The Big Lebowski on DVD still not seen it yet :o Everyone raves about the music, Jeff as the Dude, the quotes etc but I just cant get round to seeing it.
    Still not seen Ben Hur, I know its regarded as a classic I just dont feel I have the time to see a 4 hour film ATM.
  • NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Django Unchained. Loads of hype, but I can't be bothered with the tedious conversations that Tarantino insists on including in his films.
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Illogical I know but I don't (generally) watch films starring Brad Pitt, except for Troy because I like Eric Bana :D
  • BarbraBarbra Posts: 15,581
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    Still not seen Ben Hur, I know its regarded as a classic I just dont feel I have the time to see a 4 hour film ATM.

Give it a go should you (heaven forbids) ever be temporary bedbound! You don't know what you've been missing. I think the antiquated technology used to film those action scenes far exceed today's CGI, not to mention the superb soundtrack and acting. Just my opinion of course :)
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thought of watching a Biopic bores me.
    Lincoln, The Queen, Iron Lady to name a few.:yawn:
  • RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argo for me as well.

We are looking for a film to watch tonight and we have it on Sky but I just don't fancy it at all.
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the thought of watching a Biopic bores me.
    Lincoln, The Queen, Iron Lady to name a few.:yawn:

The Queen is definitely not a biopic. Come to think of it, nor is Lincoln.
  • quirkyquirkquirkyquirk Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    The Expendables.Never felt the urge to see any of them.I'm a huge fan of Mel Gibson but I still won't be checking out the third film.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I will admit there are certain genres I am not keen on, such as rom coms, horror, musicals...however there are always exceptions and films that are just so good, so well made and garner such universally good reviews and word of mouth that I will dip into these genre's if I believe the film is worth a look.
    Rom coms, musicals and poignant dramas for me.

There are some oscar winners out there that I think I should give a watch if they were deemed good enough to get awards but I just never fell in the mood to watch them.

Les Mis, The Queen, the one about Thatcher, The Blind Side, the one about black housemaids etc.