Michael McIntyre storms off stage

2»

Comments

• Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Permanent toothache, emergency appendectomy, or Michael McIntyre? Hmmm. :D Poor Michael, although I do find the rather huge leap between Michael's safe, middle of the road humour and that of his dad's - Ray Cameron, intriguing. Ray seemed to prefer more frenetic surreal and at the time risque comedy, producing Kenny Everett's madcap shows, with characters such as Sid Snot and Cupid Stunt, and Ray also directed a comedy spoof that both Vincent Price and Kenny appeared in .... Bloodbath at the house of death!
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    jarryhack wrote: »
    I'm actually from Darlington and friends with some members of the audience who were there that night. Apparently she was very very drunk and held a full blown loud conversation to her niece on the phone. She got very abusive to members of the audience who asked her to be quiet as well as Michael McIntyre. The audience were chanting for her to shut up and get out. Very rude.

Very different story from the article written in the newspaper. It seems today the standard of journalism is in the toilet, half the time it is pure lies, frantically changed the next day by the newspaper, comments from "friends" that cannot be confirmed. Nobody checks their facts and nobody care if the article is even partly correct. I like Michael, find his humour kind and not cruel or vulgar. Seems to be beyond most comedians to be funny without every other word being F.......... :o
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J.R wrote: »
    I understood that he didn't storm off but 'walked off' and told the audience he would be back then asked security to have a word with the woman who kept using her phone. He came back when they had sorted her out. Didn't sound like he had spat the dummy and the texts he got afterwards from audience members were saying he'd handled it correctly.
    I'm not particularly keen on him either but why pay to go and see him then spend the time on your phone?!

How on earth were they able to text him? I assume you need someone's number to text them?
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Such things are usually 'open goals' to comedians. A few minutes of ad-libbed material makes for a better gig IMHO.

Sadly McIntyre doesn't seem to be able to go off-script these days. He used to.
  • FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd give the woman a damehood.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I'd give the woman a damehood.
    And I presume you'd think the same if she acted like that at a gig you were looking forward to and enjoying?
  • jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    I'm not a fan of Michael McIntyre either, but the point is those people in the audience were and had paid to see him, not listen to her jabbering away on her phone, which is what I've said to people in the audience at the cinema more than once or twice. People who do this make me sick.