Forum Member
Release trailer: https://youtu.be/f5uik5fgIaI

Photo of console & remote: http://m.imgur.com/DYgmvsI

Release: March 2017

Please, Nintendo. Don't **** this up.

Comments

• DeathMagneticDeathMagnetic Posts: 45
    Forum Member
    I jus saw the trailer for it. It looks great. Such a great idea to be able to play it on TV and on the go. The new Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart 9, and Splatoon 2 look sweet. Hopefully they'll all be launch titles. :D

I wasn't too sure on the name Switch straight away, but now I like it. The design of the console is pretty sleek too.
  • lordOfTimelordOfTime Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I am very excited. Great portability and the potential for multiplayer and co play is fantastic! The beginning of the end of the 3DS perhaps?

Think I need to work out where this little beauty is going to go in my room setup. :D
  • KevinessKeviness Posts: 2,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks really nice, however I won't be jumping in Day 1, not after Wii U.
  • timboytimboy Posts: 30,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it looks absolutely cracking.

Not sure about the tiny wee controllers for multi player games though.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate the name, but everything else about it looks good.
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    I like the idea on this and will probably Pre order the console when Amazon first list it then watch what additional details get released in the mean time before deciding if I will cancel my order.

Also now that the name and concept is revealed hopefully this will allow us to get more details about what 3rd party games are on the horizon for this.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only thing that stopped me getting a Wii U was the lack of games, but I really like the look of this so if they get the line up right than it will tempt me to buy one.
  • claymore74claymore74 Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I hate the name, but everything else about it looks good.

I actually think they've nailed the name with this. Easy to remember, relates to what it does ( switches from handheld to tv ), and a billion times better name than "Wii U"
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Nintendo have confirmed that it will support Amiibo so your collection won't go to waste.

They got some decent third party support this time around too:

505 Games
    Activision Publishing, Inc.
    ARC SYSTEM WORKS Co., Ltd.
    ATLUS CO., LTD.
    Audiokinetic Inc.
    Autodesk, Inc.
    BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Inc.
    Bethesda
    CAPCOM CO., LTD.
    Codemasters®
    CRI Middleware Co., Ltd.
    DeNA Co., Ltd.
    Electronic Arts
    Epic Games Inc.
    Firelight Technologies
    FromSoftware, Inc.
    Frozenbyte
    GameTrust
    GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
    Gungho Online Entertainment, Inc.
    HAMSTER Corporation
    Havok
    INTI CREATES CO., LTD.
    KOEI TECMO GAMES CO., LTD.
    Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.
    LEVEL-5 Inc.
    Marvelous Inc.
    Maximum Games, LLC
    Nippon Ichi Software, Inc.
    Parity Bit Inc.
    PlatinumGames Inc.
    RAD Game Tools, Inc.
    RecoChoku Co., Ltd.
    SEGA Games Co., Ltd.
    Silicon Studio Corporation
    Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
    SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD.
    Starbreeze Studios
    Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc.
    Telltale Games
    THQ Nordic
    Tokyo RPG Factory Co., Ltd.
    TT Games
    UBISOFT
    Ubitus Inc.
    Unity Technologies, Inc.
    Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
    Web Technology Corp
  • NicPlaysNicPlays Posts: 12,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's a GREAT list of third party support! :cool:
    Forum Member
    Rockstar are a noticeable absentee
  • gds1972gds1972 Posts: 6,613
    Forum Member
    OMTT wrote: »
    Rockstar are a noticeable absentee

But Take Two interactive owns Rockstar games.

https://www.take2games.com
    Forum Member
    gds1972 wrote: »
    But Take Two interactive owns Rockstar games.

https://www.take2games.com

Oh aye, so they do :blush:
  • ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,678
    Forum Member
    When Rockstar uploaded the RDR2 trailer today they specifically made a point of saying "For Playstation 4 and Xbox One", which probably means no PC and sadly, no Switch :(
  • jjesso123jjesso123 Posts: 5,944
    Forum Member
    When Rockstar uploaded the RDR2 trailer today they specifically made a point of saying "For Playstation 4 and Xbox One", which probably means no PC and sadly, no Switch :(

GTA V did very well on PC I'd been surprised if did not get ported a year or two down the line.

Switch is using totally different architecture than the current console (nivdia tega confirmed on nvdia website), the other concern is the switch is using cartridges (confirmed) so even if it was powerful enough to run we don't really know enough about how their going to get current games that are in 40-50gb range running on this.

I wouldn't totally rule it out If this gets a significant market share I'm sure it's possibility but it would be years down the line if ever happened.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't fancy it. Think I'm pretty much done with Nintendo.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Don't fancy it. Think I'm pretty much done with Nintendo.

As long as there's a Zelda, A Mario Kart, a football game, a Donkey Kong, A Mario. I can never be done with Nintendo :D
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    lordOfTime wrote: »
    As long as there's a Zelda, A Mario Kart, a football game, a Donkey Kong, A Mario. I can never be done with Nintendo :D

If Wii & WiiU are anything to go by then you most certainly will.
    Not sure about a football game but we already know about the Zelda game which as far as I'm aware is the same as what's being released on WiiU, then there'll probably be Mario Kart 8: Switch Edition & Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze: Switch Edition
    along with Splatoon: Switch Edition and a few more WiiU games weve played before.
    At least the Mario game looked new.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    If Wii & WiiU are anything to go by then you most certainly will.
    Not sure about a football game but we already know about the Zelda game which as far as I'm aware is the same as what's being released on WiiU, then there'll probably be Mario Kart 8: Switch Edition & Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze: Switch Edition
    along with Splatoon: Switch Edition and a few more WiiU games weve played before.
    At least the Mario game looked new.

I'll be honest, I fell out of love with the Wii after my remotes kept having battery problems no matter what I did to fix it. So I eventually let it go after 3 years or so. By the time the Wii U came out I didn't have a lot of cash and considered I had better things to spend it on.

All that aside, I find the Switch very promising albeit this is only our first look. I was never "done" with Nintendo, I just didn't think Wii U was for me.

You talk about games that are released for Wii U and Switch. That's nothing new. Twilight Princess as I recall was released for GameCube and Wii. It simply gives consumers options if they don't want to upgrade,

I don't know what the launch line up will be apart from Zelda which will be new, but there's bound to be a new Mario Kart for Switch. Either way it'll be new to me as me as if I'm sure plenty others never bothered with Wii U. Nintendo might just have got this right.
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No PC version at launch but I'm sure there'll be one a year or so down the line.

Anyway back on topic, I'm interested in Switch after being sceptical about a home console/handheld hybrid, Nintendo may be onto something here. The devil will be in the detail though, and I'll need a lot more info before I think about putting in a pre-order or even getting one in the months after launch, there are lots of questions I want answers to. At the moment Nintendo are refusing to even confirm if it has a touch screen or not, they're just saying more details will be announced before launch.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I have a gaming PC so the other 2 consoles hold no interest for me. This on the other hand could fill the gap when I want to play Mario Golf/Tennis on my TV with the wife.
  • grilligrilli Posts: 1,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jjesso123 wrote: »
    GTA V did very well on PC I'd been surprised if did not get ported a year or two down the line.

Switch is using totally different architecture than the current console (nivdia tega confirmed on nvdia website), the other concern is the switch is using cartridges (confirmed) so even if it was powerful enough to run we don't really know enough about how their going to get current games that are in 40-50gb range running on this.

I wouldn't totally rule it out If this gets a significant market share I'm sure it's possibility but it would be years down the line if ever happened.

while you can pick up a 256gb usb flash drive im guessing that the cartidges would be fine