The Saturday's New Single What About Us ft Sean Paul

4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
Forum Member
New single from The Saturday's which will also be there first single in the US http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQqI-GkQxrE :)

Comments

• tangsmantangsman Posts: 3,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fookin' awful.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,419
    Forum Member
    This song is awful!! WHY do they insist on releasing awful, bland songs recently!? And Sean Paul on this song is just so pointless and makes it even worse.

They need to go back to their pop songs, Ego, Up, Higher or even their dancey stuff like All Fired Up.
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The chorus is very catchy, but it's definitely not one of my favourite Saturdays songs. It sounds a bit like a demo and it doesn't really go anywhere.

And I hope there's a Sean Paul-free version, I can't stand his voice.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    The chorus is very catchy,.

IMO thats the best part of the song. The rest of it is quite bland. I wish they would go back to doing songs like Higher again. As their last few singles bar the ballad last year have all been dance pop. I have liked them but they should go back to the Higher sound.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's grew on me loads but Sean Paul is so unneccessary. :(
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The U.S won't like this. It's got a European dance sound to it.
  • troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh if this era does not go well for them I can seem them splitting up/ being dropped I think Little Mix have kind of taken there spot now.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    The U.S won't like this. It's got a European dance sound to it.

Swedish House Mafia and Calvin Harris are currently climbing the US charts.

The Way I Are, Maneater, Starships, Poker Face, We Found Love, On the Floor, I Gotta Feeling, My Love, Party Rock Anthem, Give Me Everything, Disturbia, Hot N Cold, Till the World Ends, Forever, Love in This Club, and countless other songs that have been massive hits there recently have a European dance sound to them. I'm pretty sure that's why The Saturdays have released a song like this for there. In 2003 it would've been a bad idea, but not now.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    1992 wrote: »
    IMO thats the best part of the song. The rest of it is quite bland. I wish they would go back to doing songs like Higher again. As their last few singles bar the ballad last year have all been dance pop. I have liked them but they should go back to the Higher sound.
    Songs like Higher only come every so often. If they had another song like Higher, you can bet that they'd release it.
    troy4783 wrote: »
    Tbh if this era does not go well for them I can seem them splitting up/ being dropped I think Little Mix have kind of taken there spot now.
    Never going to happen. The Saturdays brand is worth millions to the label, it's not just about music sales.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they even still trying. They have had 0 big hit singles and 0 hit albums.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheap sounding and boring. They have no real star quality and I think they will just flop in the US like JLS with such a bad song. They should stop and actually try and get hold of some quality material for once instead of rushing everything in an attempt for success.
  • chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Give it up already, jeez! :rolleyes:

Said it once and I'll say it again, if Rochelle and Frankie weren't in the group, they'd have been dropped aaaaaaages ago.

Someone high up at their label or whatever was, and still is, under the illusion that these Sclub8 rejects have a huge pulling power :yawn:

If it hasn't happened in almost 6 years, then just accept that it's just NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Move on. Spend your money more wisely elsewhere on a new venture/girl group.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    I really liked the 2nd Adventure remix that leaked a few months ago and I wish this was more like that! I don't think that this is a bad song but they should have upped the tempo as it currently feels a bit slow and boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They need to take a break and try and write/get some better material as its getting worse. This sounds really uninspired and quite dull.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such a wishy washy song. Pull the fingers out of yer asses, ladies!
  • tracystapestracystapes Posts: 3,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh why don't they just go now? There's barely a place for them in the charts anymore (if ever there was). They've been successful on a mediocre level and that is all. They've never had a stompin' great amazing hit that defined their career.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So much Saturdays hate. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    So much Saturdays hate. :(

There is. I kinda like it good luck to them
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    It's alright, but I wish they would go back to their Chasing Lights sound. This new song sounds rather generic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess the songs okay, but it shouldn't be released in the US imo as it doesn't sound like a killer hit song.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it up already, jeez! :rolleyes:

Said it once and I'll say it again, if Rochelle and Frankie weren't in the group, they'd have been dropped aaaaaaages ago.

Someone high up at their label or whatever was, and still is, under the illusion that these Sclub8 rejects have a huge pulling power :yawn:

If it hasn't happened in almost 6 years, then just accept that it's just NOT. GONNA. HAPPEN.

Move on. Spend your money more wisely elsewhere on a new venture/girl group.

To be brutally fair they've had eleven top ten singles and their first two tours sold out (even if they were theatres) and their arena tour was a success (profit wise). Their first album was platinum and they had a summer EP sell 200K in 2010 which is pretty good going. Their last album bombed but other artists like Alexandra Burke, Tulisa, Cover Drive, Dappy, Nelly Furtado, Christina Aguilera, Ke$ha etc sold less with their albums (and half of them don't have the numerous top ten singles to fall back on).
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stally wrote: »
    I guess the songs okay, but it shouldn't be released in the US imo as it doesn't sound like a killer hit song.

Yeah it's a pretty weak song to debut with in the US. They need to do what Cher Lloyd did with Want U Back and start out with their strongest song. I think Ego would be a good choice.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When they first started out they had so much potential. With "If This Is Love" and "Issues" things were going really well and they were starting to become popular and I'd even go as far as to say they were getting a bit of respect...they were different and didn't seem like every other girlband. Then though, they released that god awful comic relief single and it all went down hill from there with them releasing pop/dance tracks. They've had so many chances to sort themselves out, but it's just the same old crap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they first started out they had so much potential. With "If This Is Love" and "Issues" things were going really well and they were starting to become popular and I'd even go as far as to say they were getting a bit of respect...they were different and didn't seem like every other girlband. Then though, they released that god awful comic relief single and it all went down hill from there with them releasing pop/dance tracks. They've had so many chances to sort themselves out, but it's just the same old crap.

Loves those songs by them then you had Up, Work, Ego, etc.. I brought their first album and its still so good. I still like them but I really not that much into the dance pop that they tend to do, Its not their thought, I just think that everyone was doing it and it all got a bit boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kryskrys wrote: »
    Yeah it's a pretty weak song to debut with in the US. They need to do what Cher Lloyd did with Want U Back and start out with their strongest song. I think Ego would be a good choice.

Yeah I agree they do need to start with their strongest single. Ego would be a good choice and so would higher. I wish them a lot luck in the US because I have a huge feeling Little Mix will blow up over there in 2013. This is gonna be like The Wanted vs. One Direction in the US all over again except in a female form with the Sats vs. Little Mix.