Carla & Peter / Alison & Chris - Discussion/Appreciation/Fandom (3)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry, I still love Carla and Peter and this angst between them is amazing. I think of Chris was staying or if he comes back, they could still be one of the great love stories of Corrie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 220
    Forum Member
    Those scenes last night were heart-breaking! As a mother, I always struggle to watch this type of thing. I just about managed to hold it together. :P

But wow, I am always amazed at how subtlety can portray so much in Ali's case. She really is in a league of her own. She didn't have to say much, if anything, but you could still feel the emotion from her, which I think is something a lot of actors tend to struggle with!

I am looking forward to tonight, but at the same time I know it's going to be heart-breaking to watch her crumble. But if I recall correctly, there are some Roy and Carla scenes tonight? And that is something I am really looking forward to! I am loving this friendship they've developed, and how Roy has been there for Carla. Quite an unlikely/unusual friendship, but it really does work!

As for Peter, I really hope he doesn't manage to worm his way back in. He doesn't deserve Carla anymore. She's given him everything, emotionally, physically, financially even, and he's thrown it all back in her face. I think Rob's comment about him having two deaths on his conscience was spot on. Had he and Tina managed to not jump into each other's beds, then this could all have been avoided. However, Chris has also been on top form lately, and although Ali steals the show for me every time, I think he also deserves some recognition for his work. :)

Oh and I think it's also worth mentioning how well Kym did last night. She gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here, (she doesn't deserve it IMO) but can you imagine how hard it must have been for her to film those scenes last night? It must have brought back some difficult memories for her and I think she did brilliantly. It can't have been easy. So well done to her. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    I'm in two minds over Carla and Peter. I think I want Chris and Ali back together rather than Peter and Carla. Their chemistry as actors is off the scale, and I would hate to miss out on that, but I don't think I actually want Peter and Carla back together, she would look weak if she took him back and how could she ever trust him. He's definitely not worthy. By then again I'd hate for her or him to move on. Doesn't sound like they will be anytime soon which is good, with Peter vowing to win her back.

Yesterday's scenes were great, really can't wait for the Roy stuff today they seem to be building that friendship nicely, I hope it's a long running thing, not just fleeting. And I thought Kym and Ali were great yesterday, Ali's vacant stare when she's upset is literally heartbreaking.
  • princesseggnessprincesseggness Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Holz_ wrote: »
    I was just about holding it together until Michelle said "you've got us" and then I just lost it. Ali portrays more emotion in one look than most actors can portray in a whole scene or page of dialogue.

Gotta to be some of the most heart-breaking scenes we've had for a while. Ali is absolutely amazing. It was hard viewing on a personal level, but amazing. I can't wait for more. If she doesn't win any awards next year, I won't be best pleased! >:(
    I have to admit I did feel a bit sorry for Peter tonight, at least he seems to have finally realised what a massive mistake it all was and it was about the first sign of genuine remorse I've seen from him. His "have you lost it?" Could've been more sensitively put, though.

I've been annoyed with Peter, ever since he embarked on his disastrous relationship with Tina (btw, I am still not sorry to have lost Tina >:( ) But, to see how far he's fallen, and how broken he is? :( I, personally, can't help feeling sad for him. Plus, Chris puts on amazing performances. Peter, as we know, is a very flawed, insecure, and weak character. Nonetheless, I'm hoping that having seen and understood what damage and hurt he's caused, not only to his one true love, Carla,...but to so many other characters, we might actually see a turning-point in his character-development, in the near future anyway. Here's hoping anyway.

Hopefully, when Chris returns, I would like Carla and Peter to reconcile. I'm not so sure how feasible that would be. There would certainly have to be a very long journey for us to all buy into them being together again. Especially, after all that Peter has put Carla through. But, It took a long time for them to get together in the first place. It was a long a beautiful journey actually. So, assuming that TPTB will eventually recognise that they can't keep having Peter make the same old mistakes, over & over & over again, they might actually take Peter's character in another direction entirely. Maybe, then, there will be some scope for reconciliation.

I had hoped that Peter was past all the lying and cheating when he fell in love with Carla, but sadly, the TPTB had other ideas. What can I say? Anyway, I'll be intrigued to find out what the future holds.
    And I know I should, but I still can't bring myself to dislike Rob, and if I'm honest I still want him to get away with it.

I'm with you there. :) But, I really am not comfortable with Rob's growing intent to frame Peter. I don't think Peter deserves to be framed for a murder he didn't commit. Plus, when the truth outs, poor Carla will be in bits that her brother is a murderer, and will no doubt lose her only available blood-relation. It's all really sad. :(
    Naaat wrote: »
    But wow, I am always amazed at how subtlety can portray so much in Ali's case. She really is in a league of her own. She didn't have to say much, if anything, but you could still feel the emotion from her, which I think is something a lot of actors tend to struggle with!

BIB - Totally! I could watch her all day, everyday. :blush:
    I am looking forward to tonight, but at the same time I know it's going to be heart-breaking to watch her crumble. But if I recall correctly, there are some Roy and Carla scenes tonight? And that is something I am really looking forward to! I am loving this friendship they've developed, and how Roy has been there for Carla. Quite an unlikely/unusual friendship, but it really does work!

I'm looking forward to Roy and Carla's scenes too. I really do hope they continue a development of their relationship, long-term. Hayley has been a great and sad loss. But, in some ways, I'm much more intrigued to see how Carla and Roy develop, because they are so unlikely. They do have more in common than we might think. Especially, in the way that they are both quite uncomfortable about showing how they really feel. Yes, Carla is very tactile, and Roy certainly is NOT. But, Carla keeps her real feelings close, and only opens up to the very few individuals that she loves and trust most. Mind you, Roy only had Hayley. And, now,...possibly, Anna too.
    As for Peter, I really hope he doesn't manage to worm his way back in. He doesn't deserve Carla anymore. She's given him everything, emotionally, physically, financially even, and he's thrown it all back in her face. I think Rob's comment about him having two deaths on his conscience was spot on. Had he and Tina managed to not jump into each other's beds, then this could all have been avoided. However, Chris has also been on top form lately, and although Ali steals the show for me every time, I think he also deserves some recognition for his work. :)

BIB - I think Chris is an amazing actor too. And, together, they are dynamite! ;-)
    Oh and I think it's also worth mentioning how well Kym did last night. She gets a lot of unnecessary hate on here, (she doesn't deserve it IMO) but can you imagine how hard it must have been for her to film those scenes last night? It must have brought back some difficult memories for her and I think she did brilliantly. It can't have been easy. So well done to her. :)

BIB - It beats me why Kym gets so much horrendous press, a lot of the time. Shocking actually. Especially, as the people who post such poison don't even know her personally. She must be pretty tough though, having to put up with it all.

And, I thought Kym did a brilliant job in the hospital scenes with Carla, last night. I love Michelle and Carla's relationship. :)
  • madaboutcarlamadaboutcarla Posts: 10,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Carla & Roy's friendship is so wonderful, and her saying how much she loved her baby girl was just heart wrenching.
    Forum Member
    Looks like we are all feeling Carla's pain right now, as it's a bit quiet in here? I know I'm feeling it. Boo-hoo. :(

I had to to pop in here, seeing as we had the great pleasure of Roy and Carla on screen together again today. Fabulous! Only marred by Peter's audacity, having turned up at the factory, marking his claim, so to speak. Still,...Roy, ever the gallant gentleman soon sent Peter on his way, on Carla's behalf. Roy's so sweet. I like how Peter is trying to wheedle his way back into Carla's affections,....ALREADY? Bloody nerve!

I'm not liking the fact Carla's reached for the whisky bottle already though. Still, we can expect plenty of drama, when she eventually gets into her stride with the drinking,...trying to ease her pain and loss. Sad days, sad days indeed. :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I feel like Peter is using Carla's miscarriage and her grief to try and worm his way back into her life.

Sorry, haven't posted in a while! This sl is annoying me now and I don't really have anything good to say about it. Hope everyone is well. :kitty:
  • Holz_Holz_ Posts: 1,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I post here way too much, so I gave myself an enforced breather :D

On a side note, has Peter been wearing the same clothes since the night Tina died? That jacket and denim monstrosity? He must stink by now.

Carla and Peter's drunken reunion is being slated on twitter and elsewhere, but I actually think it's very realistic. I think what SB said way back at the start about them always loving each other but that not being enough is very true here, and I think there'll always be something between them, some spark or underlying feelings and, combined with Carla's emotional state and the fact that they're both drunk, I think it's almost to be expected that something would happen. Peter was Carla's world, and as angry as she has every right to be, you can't just switch off feelings off like that. A month ago she was happily married and expecting a baby with the love of her life, and there must be that small part of her that wants that back, despite all the hurt and anger. Just so long as she doesn't take him back, I can deal with it and am quite looking forward to it actually.
    SayNothing wrote: »
    I'm in two minds over Carla and Peter. I think I want Chris and Ali back together rather than Peter and Carla. Their chemistry as actors is off the scale, and I would hate to miss out on that, but I don't think I actually want Peter and Carla back together, she would look weak if she took him back and how could she ever trust him. He's definitely not worthy. By then again I'd hate for her or him to move on. Doesn't sound like they will be anytime soon which is good, with Peter vowing to win her back.
    Totally. Chris and Ali work perfectly together on screen and when Chris leaves I'll definitely miss them working together. I don't want Carla to take Peter back, because ultimately she's worth 10 of him and he doesn't deserve her right now, but at the same time I don't want either to move on. Call me cruel but I don't think Peter has grovelled enough yet :p
    I had to to pop in here, seeing as we had the great pleasure of Roy and Carla on screen together again today. Fabulous! Only marred by Peter's audacity, having turned up at the factory, marking his claim, so to speak. Still,...Roy, ever the gallant gentleman soon sent Peter on his way, on Carla's behalf. Roy's so sweet. I like how Peter is trying to wheedle his way back into Carla's affections,....ALREADY? Bloody nerve!
    I absolutely love Carla and Roy's friendship, and just hope it doesn't get ruined or forgotten about in weeks to come. Ali and David are two of the best actors in the show and their scenes together are in an entirely different league to 3/4 of the rest of the show, in my opinion. I think as well as genuinely caring about Carla, Roy is acting on Hayley's behalf, because he knows she'd be there for her, and I just find it so lovely. Twice in a week the those two have had me in tears: when Roy said Carla would've made a great mother, and last night when he immediately saw through her front and said how he regretted seeing her in so much pain. The look on Carla's face when he said that was just perfectly executed by Ali.

Re Peter and the factory: I guess he does technically have a right to be there, it is unfortunately half his as he says. But you'd have thought he'd have the moral sense to back off for a while, at least until the dust has settled. The absolute nerve of him suggesting they go for a drink, as if Carla was ever going to agree to be in the same room as him for any longer than absolutely necessary >:(
    I'm not liking the fact Carla's reached for the whisky bottle already though. Still, we can expect plenty of drama, when she eventually gets into her stride with the drinking,...trying to ease her pain and loss. Sad days, sad days indeed. :(
    Heartbreaking as it is, I don't think it's surprising things are going this way for Carla at all, and if they are planning on her having a full blown meltdown, I just hope it's done well and not all wrapped up and over in a few weeks, or a plot device like it was when she went back to LA. I'd actually like to see her hit rock bottom, as upsetting as it would be, and then put herself back together again gradually. It looks like the factory will be closed for a while, so this should give her a chance to focus in recovery without the distraction of the business.
    I feel like Peter is using Carla's miscarriage and her grief to try and worm his way back into her life.
    It does seem that way. To be fair to him though, I think he's devastated over the baby as well, as when he said he wanted to look after her, either by holding her or being her punch bag, I think he genuinely meant it. Not that I'm even close to forgiving him, but I don't think there's quite the malicious intent I feared there would be when I heard about him barging into the factory. I think it's all about being close to Carla, and not about the business at all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think them kissing is totally realistic too. I think the people who are slating it probably haven't been in love with anyone before. Rob is starting to annoy me now, obviously he wouldn't think Carla should take Peter back but it's not up to him and it's so obvious that he's going to frame Peter to get him away from Carla.
    Forum Member

Sorry, haven't posted in a while! This sl is annoying me now and I don't really have anything good to say about it. Hope everyone is well. :kitty:

I did think this as well, he seemed really upset about it on the Fridays episode's in the hospital, outside the flat, with Deirdre but it wasn't really shown at all yesterday, and all the spoiler seem to suggest Peter is taking advantage of Carla because she's upset and I would hate to take it that way. It also seems the pregnancy was just a plot device which is a huge shame.
    On a side note, has Peter been wearing the same clothes since the night Tina died? That jacket and denim monstrosity? He must stink by now.

This!! I'm quite sure that he has been wearing the same outfit since the engagement party. I'm sure I remember Tracy packing up some of his stuff so why is he wearing the same outfit! The double blue combo is awful too.

Carla and Peter's drunken reunion is being slated on twitter and elsewhere, but I actually think it's very realistic. I think what SB said way back at the start about them always loving each other but that not being enough is very true here, and I think there'll always be something between them, some spark or underlying feelings and, combined with Carla's emotional state and the fact that they're both drunk, I think it's almost to be expected that something would happen. Peter was Carla's world, and as angry as she has every right to be, you can't just switch off feelings off like that. A month ago she was happily married and expecting a baby with the love of her life, and there must be that small part of her that wants that back, despite all the hurt and anger. Just so long as she doesn't take him back, I can deal with it and am quite looking forward to it actually.
    I think them kissing is totally realistic too. I think the people who are slating it probably haven't been in love with anyone before. Rob is starting to annoy me now, obviously he wouldn't think Carla should take Peter back but it's not up to him and it's so obvious that he's going to frame Peter to get him away from Carla.

I do sort of understand why people would be annoyed by it especially as it is quite soon after the split, but its completely realistic and understandable. She's been with him for nearly three years, she's loved him for at least 4 and the year or so of unrequited love or so she thought would have only made her feelings stronger. Like she said in the pub, she finally thought she'd got marriage right this time, after Tony and Paul and it was clear how much she loved him all through the relationship, risking the trial, giving him her business, money, a job, having a baby etc. Just because he's hurt her and betrayed her it doesn't mean her feelings are going to disappear in a week or two. Its also realistic if they are both drunk, and I think despite everything she knows that Peter does love her.

I am actually really looking forward to the scenes, its an hours episode so we should get some really emotional stuff plus the spoilers in all the magazines seem quite ambiguous with no one quite sure of the events and the order of the events. It's been a while since Carla's been drunk too and I'm sure her flirting with Tim will be amusing but upsetting at the same time, watching her start drinking again.

I do think that she would take him back after time, but because of Rob's interference that doesn't look likely. It said somewhere, that there was going to be an arrest at the funeral and surely that is likely to be Peter. He's only got 2-3 months left on screen if he's leaving in August so it seems Rob will get his wish. Rob is starting to annoy me a bit too, all this protective behaviour but he in a large way has contributed to some of her problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris came back in a year and Carla took him back. I kind of get the sense that Chris only wants a short break maybe 1-2 years rather than like a 5-10 year break. I'm not sure what she'll be doing once Chris leaves. I assume she will have a big role to play in Rob's unveiling as the killer eventually.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SayNothing wrote: »
    I do think that she would take him back after time, but because of Rob's interference that doesn't look likely. It said somewhere, that there was going to be an arrest at the funeral and surely that is likely to be Peter. He's only got 2-3 months left on screen if he's leaving in August so it seems Rob will get his wish. Rob is starting to annoy me a bit too, all this protective behaviour but he in a large way has contributed to some of her problems.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris came back in a year and Carla took him back. I kind of get the sense that Chris only wants a short break maybe 1-2 years rather than like a 5-10 year break. I'm not sure what she'll be doing once Chris leaves. I assume she will have a big role to play in Rob's unveiling as the killer eventually.

I think she would take him back too, I actually think she might before he gets sent down making it all the more tragic - that would definitely make for better drama. It also means the fall out of Carla finding out Rob actually did it will be worse. The only thing that doesn't make sense though is if Rob is revealed as the killer this year then surely someone would go to the police and Peter would be released. Unless there was no evidence, but in that case Rob won't have to leave but Carla would surely hate him.
    Forum Member
    I think she would take him back too, I actually think she might before he gets sent down making it all the more tragic - that would definitely make for better drama. It also means the fall out of Carla finding out Rob actually did it will be worse. The only thing that doesn't make sense though is if Rob is revealed as the killer this year then surely someone would go to the police and Peter would be released. Unless there was no evidence, but in that case Rob won't have to leave but Carla would surely hate him.

I hope that doesn't happen, it will make for some awful scenes when Carla finds out about Rob and might lead her to breakdown once again, honestly there is only so much heartbreak she can take surely.

If Rob is found out in say January of next year, then what will happen to Peter because I assume he won't be coming back that quickly. Unless Chris is only having a 6 month/years break but they just can't announce it because that will give the Rob stuff away. I would like him to come back in a year or two, would be interesting to see how stuff has changed with Carla, but ideally once Stuart Blackburn has kindly moved on, as his obsession with affairs and infidelity doesn't fill me with confidence.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isn't Marc Baylis doing panto at Christmas? Which surely means he'll be written out, or at least off screen, for a certain amount of time? Obviously he could just not be on screen the way it's done when cast go on holiday, but if they film 3 months ahead then his on screen absence would be about february or march next year, which would fit in with what's been said about the story coming to some kind of a head at Christmas...
    Forum Member
    Isn't Marc Baylis doing panto at Christmas? Which surely means he'll be written out, or at least off screen, for a certain amount of time? Obviously he could just not be on screen the way it's done when cast go on holiday, but if they film 3 months ahead then his on screen absence would be about february or march next year, which would fit in with what's been said about the story coming to some kind of a head at Christmas...

I doubt they could write him out for that amount of time, especially as that is the time that the murder storyline should be reaching a climax. Would make sense for his exit to be late January early February as that is usually when Corrie have some big plots like Carla's rape trial etc. I doubt Chris would be coming back that soon though, so if he does go down for it I wonder how they'll write him out without him coming back to the street.

Heres the new press spoilers: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep8411week26/coronation-street
    Sounds like they are not going down the breakdown route for Carla, which is nice in a way and we hopefully will get her back to her strong/feisty best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to post that re press spoilers. I'm glad in one way that it seems Carla will herself round fairly quickly, but part of me does feel cheated that we'll have all this hitting rock bottom stuff, the factory closing etc for seemingly a week before things will apparently spring back to normal again. I feel like they owe it Carla to take time and for it to be a gradual thing. I mean, it still may be, and she probably will struggle for some time, but I fear we'll have a repeat of her return from LA and everything being fine again. Which seems a bit pointless with what's coming up with Peter and possibly Rob, which will no doubt drag her down again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone on Twitter said there's rumours that Peter goes on the run, has anyone heard anything about that?
    Forum Member
    I was about to post that re press spoilers. I'm glad in one way that it seems Carla will herself round fairly quickly, but part of me does feel cheated that we'll have all this hitting rock bottom stuff, the factory closing etc for seemingly a week before things will apparently spring back to normal again. I feel like they owe it Carla to take time and for it to be a gradual thing. I mean, it still may be, and she probably will struggle for some time, but I fear we'll have a repeat of her return from LA and everything being fine again. Which seems a bit pointless with what's coming up with Peter and possibly Rob, which will no doubt drag her down again.

I hope she doesn't just bounce back just like that like the ridiculous LA crap which was an awfully contrived plot device for Peter/Leanne and some Christmas wedding drama. Yet it was clear they still wanted Peter and Carla together and the same for Nick and Leanne, just silly. She's lost her friend (albeit a backstabbing one) her husband, and her baby so I hope we still see her struggle, although I'm glad she doesn't have a complete meltdown. I would like a continuation of the Roy stuff, hopefully a lot of support from him. SB said in an interview a couple of months ago "We are now building a new friendship for Roy" and I wonder whether this is the Carla stuff or someone else. I think its important to see her battles with alcohol as well. No idea where they are going with all of these plotlines apart from that it is only going to end badly for Carla once again when she finds out about Rob, and I'm sure Peter gets framed. cry:
    Forum Member
    Someone on Twitter said there's rumours that Peter goes on the run, has anyone heard anything about that?

Double post but wow, that would be really interesting. I wonder if Carla would have a role in helping him, would be really good to watch her conflicting emotions. I've not heard that but would make sense, would mean Chris could come back whenever he wanted once Rob was found out.

I've not heard that but would be good to watch for sure.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't seem like it'll be a long one, she might just be off-screen for a bit.
    Forum Member
    I'm sure they would announce it if it was a long break like before. If she's taking the summer off to spend time with her daughter then she might just be off screen for 3-4 weeks. She deserves it!
    Forum Member
    Kelly-x wrote: »
    Oooh, that article has got me intrigued! :D I wonder what lucky young lad Carla sets her eyes on, after the dust settles? :) Should be a bit of a fun watch if it turns out to be true. A little bit of light relief for Carla, for a change. She will certainly need a bit of "light relief", after the hell she's been through. She'll most probably think,...if a young lass like Tina is good enough for hubby Peter, why can't she get some young thing too? I wonder whether it will turn out to be Luke? Though, I think there's meant to be something about to happen between Luke and Katy. But, seeing as Georgia, the actress who plays Katy is going soon, it might be that Carla turns Luke's head, leading to Katy's exit. Katy won't be happy, will she? Another stroppy mare, that one. Let's face it though, our Carla can turn anyone's head. :D So,...I hope that little tit-bit in the xpress turns out to be true. It will be a fun watch. :)
    Looks like Ali is taking a break doesn't say how long for :(

She will need one, it's got to be gruelling those scenes that she's performed recently, and will continue to play out for quite some time yet, it seems. Ali will deserve a little break to recharge her batteries. Not too long, I hope. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Ali has just had two weeks off, I think she was in Ibiza, so assuming this interview was done before that, maybe it was just the holiday she was talking about? Saying that, as much as I'd miss her on screen, if she is taking longer out, then quite frankly she deserves it. It's emotionally draining enough just watching some of her recent scenes, so they must take their toll on her to act them out. From what I've heard she was working pretty much all day every day since before April, so she's definitely due a few weeks off.

Not happy with this cougar rumour to be honest. If it's just a quick rebound fling with some single young bloke, then I could see it. It might even be fun to watch if it's a casual, proving-she-still-can kind of thing. But if it's any longer than that, I'll be disappointed to be honest. I really hope we see Carla single for a bit, and focusing on recovering and getting her life back on track. Also, please, please not another affair; the main forum would explode with the amount of hate she'd get...!
    Forum Member
    I strongly doubt they will be having Carla embark on another affair. Or, anything remotely heavy. I suspect, like I've mentioned, it will be a bit of "light-relief", after everything she's been through. I think it would be entertaining though. In any event, Peter will always be the love of Carla's life (Liam notwithstanding). It is unlikely that Carla will fall in love with anyone again, whilst Peter still walks the earth. Although, any encounters, especially, with the run up to Peter's potential return to the Street, will probably be just flings for Carla. I'd be very surprised otherwise. Then again, if SB is still around,...who can say for sure? :(
    Forum Member
    I strongly doubt they will be having Carla embark on another affair. Or, anything remotely heavy. I suspect, like I've mentioned, it will be a bit of "light-relief", after everything she's been through. I think it would be entertaining though. In any event, Peter will always be the love of Carla's life (Liam notwithstanding). It is unlikely that Carla will fall in love with anyone again, whilst Peter still walks the earth. Although, any encounters, especially, with the run up to Peter's potential return to the Street, will probably be just flings for Carla. I'd be very surprised otherwise. Then again, if SB is still around,...who can say for sure? :(

I really hope it is just light relief. Even a fling/one night stand would be out of character for Carla, especially after the rape. I hope we see her in a storyline without a man as well, I don't want her to move on from Peter and I doubt she would be able to. It will be even harder for her to move on if Peter goes down and then Rob is exposed as the killer, she may feel guilt at thinking it was Peter. I'm sure Chris will come back while Ali is still there as well and hopefully there will be a better producer in charge.