SkyQ App for mobile phones now available

sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
Forum Member
✭✭
As the subject states, the app is now available on mobile phones as well as tablets.

Comments

• irvin38Airvin38A Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Finally!!

Thanks OP
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    As the subject states, the app is now available on mobile phones as well as tablets.

It's great. You can download programmes to save on your iPhone. Will be handy for travelling to be able to watch my recordings.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    It's great. You can download programmes to save on your iPhone. Will be handy for travelling to be able to watch my recordings.

Yup. Wish i had this on my Android phone when i went on holiday a few weeks ago!

Glad to have it now and seems to work well on my Z5.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still can't watch all your recordings though at least not on a tablet, well I can't anyway. Doubt it'll be any different on the mobile.
  • -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Still can't watch all your recordings though at least not on a tablet, well I can't anyway. Doubt it'll be any different on the mobile.

While on the same network you can watch all your recordings, if you want to watch while your away from home you download any recordings before you leave.
    Anything else you stream from the on demand.

While not on the same network when opening the app a message appears 'You can still watch TV, On Demand or downloads.'
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I haven't come across anything I can't watch yet, so works OK for me, which program can't you access on it?
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually content from other providers who have their own apps like BBC for example as they want you to use there apps for obvious reasons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BOOTHY2905 wrote: »
    Usually content from other providers who have their own apps like BBC for example as they want you to use there apps for obvious reasons

Maybe, but I managed to watch Eastenders on my tablet last night on the kitchen, and my wife watched Emmerdale, so BBC and ITV recordings seemed to work fine.

I have also watched a BBC red button program about 80's music (Zoey Ball) on the tablet as well.

Can't say I've tried to download them for offline viewing, but that's not what Matt35 said, he said viewing recordings.
  • BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe, but I managed to watch Eastenders on my tablet last night on the kitchen, and my wife watched Emmerdale, so BBC and ITV recordings seemed to work fine.

I have also watched a BBC red button program about 80's music (Zoey Ball) on the tablet as well.

Can't say I've tried to download them for offline viewing, but that's not what Matt35 said, he said viewing recordings.

that's watching them though compared to actually downloading them to physical drive of the device.
    if your device is on the wifi system your Q box is then effectively its just another multiroom device. when you want to download it to an ipad and take it with you some channels impose restrictions as they have their own app's
    Forum Member
    that's watching them though compared to actually downloading them to physical drive of the device.
    if your device is on the wifi system your Q box is then effectively its just another multiroom device. when you want to download it to an ipad and take it with you some channels impose restrictions as they have their own app's

Actually it seems it maybe just be restricted to BBC Channels that are unable to download and ive just noticed you cannot setup a recording on BBC Channels while away from home either, there's a Q box icon on the programs in the TV guide which say you need to be connected to a Q box when selected.
    Not being able to download I can sort of understand but not being about to set a recording on BBC Channels while away from home seems a bit harsh.
    I've set some recordings on ITV,Ch4 & Ch5 so will see if I can download them to phone when I get home from work later.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did say in my post I was talking about watching them in the home, and not downloading them for offline viewing, I also said that Matt35 (who's post I was responding to originally) also just stated watching, which is why i was querying it with him, as you can watch, you just can't download.

I am loving my Q system, not had a problem yet, recordings records, mini hasn't lost connection yet, and tablets seem to work wherever, lets hope i'm not tempting fate with that, and we have many wifi devices around the house (phones, tablets, TV's, game systems, etc), but the mini q has worked each and every time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't come across anything I can't watch yet, so works OK for me, which program can't you access on it?

Tried downloading major crimes to my tablet but it wasn't available to download also rosewood.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tried downloading major crimes to my tablet but it wasn't available to download also rosewood.

On Universal channel and Alibi channel?

Can't say I have tried them, i assume maybe either the channel (or Sky) don't have the rights for these programs to be downloaded.
    Forum Member

Had you already had it recorded on your Q box?

Edit: just checked the app and it seems you can't even set Major Crimes to record from the app while not connected to the Q box.
  • rscottrscott Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Had you already had it recorded on your Q box?

Edit: just checked the app and it seems you can't even set Major Crimes to record from the app while not connected to the Q box.

Works fine for me on Android:-

1 Start Q app
    2. Search for Major Crimes
    3. Click on episode, then ... and select record once/series .
    Forum Member
    rscott wrote: »
    Works fine for me on Android:-

1 Start Q app
    2. Search for Major Crimes
    3. Click on episode, then ... and select record once/series .

Must and an iOS thing then.
    Can you also set BBC programs to record?
  • rscottrscott Posts: 6,813
    Forum Member
    Yep - can set BBC too.

There is an intermittent problem with part of Sky's app platform at the moment though.. Might be worth trying again later today.
    Forum Member
    Actually forget everything I said, I've been having a blonde moment and touching the wrong part of the guide. Was touching the picture which brought up the message.
    Thinks I need a lay down Lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just downloaded the app for mobile. although out of the 8 programmes I have recorded only 2 are available to download. I know it's due permission which sky odviously don't have but still annoying.
  • tigertiger Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's graet that is now on my S7 but disappointed that the SkyQ app won't let me download as it is classed the same as Sky Go for that purpose so have to wait until next month to swap a device. Quite annoying and not what I expected.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiger wrote: »
    It's graet that is now on my S7 but disappointed that the SkyQ app won't let me download as it is classed the same as Sky Go for that purpose so have to wait until next month to swap a device. Quite annoying and not what I expected.

You can run SkyQ on as many devices as you like for live viewing on your network (although can only use a maximum of 2 at a time), but once you want to use it away from your network, or for downloaded material (which you can then watch away from your network), it then counts as part of your 4 devices - otherwise what is to stop you hooking up 100 tablets and downloading all your shows to them for friends and family?