Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

Comments

• Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    Bad result for Chelsea today for United fans, win tomorrow and that lot will be top of the league and smug as all heck.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    It might have too happen. He's on a big contract which could be a problem.

It could be a problem, but spending sheds load of money only to end up with another write off season would be a bigger one, todays win could be a big confidence boost for Tuesday though.
  • Options
    Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was out, though I was able to keep up with the game on radio. Great result, for once I'm looking forward to MOTD and nice for Mata to finally get one. As I've said before, he is the single biggest reason why we are now able to beat the teams we would normally expect to beat. By all accounts Villa did their usual impression of a bag of wind at our place. However, it was worrying that apparently, Bentake could have got a hat-trick? I don't imagine Bayern will be so wasteful....

PS Didn't hear on the wireless if the idiots flew the banner or not and how was it recieved if they did?
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Bad result for Chelsea today for United fans, win tomorrow and that lot will be top of the league and smug as all heck.

That's why we cheer city on through gritted teeth. Just think of how far behind us they are in terms of league titles. ;-)

Arsenal have blown it so it's a case of the lesser of the three evils. I'll be getting my Chelsea scarf out next time.

Just call me small time. :cool:
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS Didn't hear on the wireless if the idiots flew the banner or not and how was it recieved if they did?

The stunt went ahead and it was rightly booed by the majority of the supporters

So it only succeeded in making fools of the people who wasted their money paying to make the stunt happen
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doe_a_deer wrote: »
    Absolutely pathetic.

A plane flying past asking for a manager to be sacked? Some people need to wise up and grow up.

Why does it matter if it's a plane or a group of supporters holding a banner outside the stadium? It still gets the message across.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moyes should at least get credit for Rooney. He's scoring goals and it's because of Moyes that Rooney remained at the club. Didn't he invite him over to his house for a 1 on 1 chat?

The Rooney situation annoys me because while yes Moyes got him to stay he managed to do it by simply rolling over and acquiescing to all of Rooney's demands.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Why do people bring stoke in this all the time, check out stokes record this season against big teams>:(

Replace Stoke with someone else then. My point remains the same.

Cantona07 wrote: »
    Cheers Munchy, it takes a Liverpool fan to grasp the point it seems! :D

If my dad or uncle knew how much I've defended SAF this season, and against Manchester United fans, I think they'd disown me. :p
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    smc81 wrote: »
    The Rooney situation annoys me because while yes Moyes got him to stay he managed to do it by simply rolling over and acquiescing to all of Rooney's demands.

I agree in so far as I would probably have sold Rooney in the Summer. However what i will say is that at least Moyes was able to make a statement, remain consistent and ultimately delivery with Rooney staying. Thats a chain of events we have seen precious little of from him so far.
  • Options
    skimminstonesskimminstones Posts: 8,403
    Forum Member
    In your opinion, deleted due to verbal abuse i received and the little kliq on here.

not technically true is it. you deleted it before i quoted it. I just hit back on the browser to copy it due its sheer pathetic nature
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It changes nothing.

The plane stunt was crass but beating a poor Villa side hardly means everything is great.

We never asked for miracles and it pisses me off when ill informed fans of other clubs and some of our own fans continue to peddle this lunacy that we did. Expecting us to go from Champions to maintaining atop 4 challenge isn't looking for miracles.

Dead right.

I haven't met one United fan who expected us to win the league this year.

We all knew there would be a period of adjustment & that might mean surrendering our status as top dogs for a season or two.

What I & others that I know did not expect was how abject we would be.

It is not unreasonable to have expected us to have been competitive & challenging in the top 4, so I just don't understand why some folk don't get this.

PS: Before I forget, a nice win for us today.:blush:

More of the same & more often from now on please, Mr Moyes & the lads.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes we're good against top 4 teams but poor against mid table and lower teams, so today's defeat didn't surprise me.

so youre a villa fan as well now?
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In your opinion, deleted due to verbal abuse i received and the little kliq on here.

What clique are you referring to?

There aren't any cliques on here; there are just a collection of posters, all with different opinions, some of whom object to being patronised & called 'armchair fans'.

That is nothing to do with a clique or verbally abusing you.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    That's why we cheer city on through gritted teeth. Just think of how far behind us they are in terms of league titles. ;-)

Arsenal have blown it so it's a case of the lesser of the three evils. I'll be getting my Chelsea scarf out next time.

Just call me small time. :cool:

I confess to a small time mentality too:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    statement from the organisers of the flyby today. Whatever you think of the intention its hard to argue with the comments.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/215202457/Post-Match-Press-Release#fullscreen
    The Red Issue Manchester United supporters’ forum, sponsors of today’s primary aerial banner, has released the following statement following the successful flying of the ‘WRONG ONE –MOYES OUT’ banner and the club’s victory against Aston Villa:

Today’s protest was never just about a few results in isolation, nor should today’s result leave supporters with any illusions. The supporters who backed the protest in several polls today have seen the value of the move. That some supporters have chosen to get carried away about a result that was, until recently, the very definition of ‘run-of-the-mill’ demonstrates how successfully standards have been lowered
    since last summer.

The flypast was a statement of protest about the overall trajectory of the club under a manager who has no clear plan, no powers of motivation and who projects a sense that this job is simply too big for him in every utterance, whether in comments regarding the opposition, or in his reported comments today regarding the quality of the playing squad.

We would remind him that this squad are the current Premier League champions.

Having spent almost £70m on two new players, David Moyes has taken the club to seventh position currently, breaking several unwanted records in the process. While we all expected a period of adjustment, claims that a such a significant drop off was inevitable or acceptable following the departure of Sir Alex Ferguson ring hollow when we see the improvements made by those of our immediate competitors that changed their manager last summer, including Moyes’s former club, Everton.

Even accepting the fact that several players will need to be replaced in the near future, we do not believe that David Moyes is the person capable of rebuilding the team to the necessary standard. There are better, more progressive, managers out there. Time for a proper alternative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    statement from the organisers of the flyby today. Whatever you think of the intention its hard to argue with the comments.

Cannot dispute a single word of it. Sums up my views entirely.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't disagree with a word of it.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I wouldn't disagree with a word of it.

Me neither, Bloody hell Terry, you and I are agreeing on something :o:)
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    Robbie Savage on Football Focus said ' If they do really bad playing BM on Tuesday - then move Moyes out and replace him with Gigigs and Fergie as interium until a top manager comes available in Summer'
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I missed Football Focus but Robbie Savages suggestion is by far an away the best way forward in the long term interests of the club and the supporters.

Bringing Ferguson back is 'the best way forward'?

I'd expect that kind of lunacy from Savage, but not from anyone with any level of sense.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'd expect that kind of lunacy from Savage, but not from anyone with any level of sense.

Going backwards is the way forward.

There is a certain genius to it…….
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You say 'genius', I prefer 'massive stupidity'.
  • Options
    doe_a_deerdoe_a_deer Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cooler wrote: »
    Why does it matter if it's a plane or a group of supporters holding a banner outside the stadium? It still gets the message across.

Both are equally pathetic.

Supporters are there to support the team. The chairman/owners/director etc are there to decide on the manager's position.
  • Options
    alancrackeralancracker Posts: 5,280
    Forum Member

I read a detailed article on the BBC web site written by Savage talking about the MUFC line up for the CL game V BM which talked about how Mata should be deployed - he did not seem aware that Mata was unavailable cos of being cup tied.

Honestly if I wrote on a prestigious national web site I would make sure that my basic facts were right - but not our Robbie it seems
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Our season in a nutshell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You say 'genius', I prefer 'massive stupidity'.

Of course it is, I'm being flippant.
This discussion has been closed.