The Opinion Police target Myleene Klass

Comments

• What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think sacking her is too far but I think Luttlewoids should consider whether Her opinions go well with their brand and think of using someone less elitist and snobby in their next campaign.

There is a reason why most models say nothing. It's part of their job not to reflect badly on the brands they represent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    greengran wrote: »
    There is no free speech anymore. If you express an opinion that someone doesn't like the thought police will hound you and try and make you retract it. or the dear
    little internet cowards will post hate messages. I do wish people would engage their brains before commentating.

Free speech is the right to voice your opinion, not the right to be free of any reaction to your opinion.
  • Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    If this isn't talented, I don't know what is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtKPMo-kDds

She's beautiful too.

Wow, agreed
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Red John wrote: »
    Free speech is the right to voice your opinion, not the right to be free of any reaction to your opinion.
    Exocet post
    spot on :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Which is why "free speech" is such a misnomer. The only thing you are free from is prosecution and now with social media being what it is as soon as you have anything remotely controversial to say you can expect to be hounded by an angry mob whether that is 1D fans, Ukip supporters, militant feminists, Daily Mail readers etc.
  • PitmanPitman Posts: 28,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She's beautiful too.

I don't know anything about piano playing, but a lot of them youtube comments suggest her playing is far from top notch :D
  • gasheadgashead Posts: 13,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She's beautiful too.
    I've got a mate who can inflate a balloon with his arse. I think that's talented, but I still wouldn't necessarily take him seriously when it comes to politics.

I agree she's pretty, although personally, I preferred her a few years ago when she was a bit bigger.
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smc81 wrote: »
    Which is why "free speech" is such a misnomer. The only thing you are free from is prosecution and now with social media being what it is as soon as you have anything remotely controversial to say you can expect to be hounded by an angry mob whether that is 1D fans, Ukip supporters, militant feminists, Daily Mail readers etc.

Have you ever posted something about One Direction on Twitter and sat back to watch the carnage? Funny!
    Pitman wrote: »
    I don't know anything about piano playing, but a lot of them youtube comments suggest her playing is far from top notch :D

Youtube comments aren't really a haven for objective analysis :p
    gashead wrote: »
    I've got a mate who can inflate a balloon with his arse. I think that's talented, but I still wouldn't necessarily take him seriously when it comes to politics.

I agree she's pretty, although personally, I preferred her a few years ago when she was a bit bigger.

That is talented. He should go on Britain's Got Talent. Something like that would make even me watch it :D
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand was doing exactly the same thing as Myleene, using his fame as pulpit.

I seem to recall a right-wing reaction to that...

Notice how the UK has become the USA, I blame Blair. New Labour's laws were almost guaranteed to lead to a situation where the UK is USA-lite.

It's like the people in power these days actually like to see fighting and hurt. They seem to enjoy it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »
    Russell Brand was doing exactly the same thing as Myleene, using his fame as pulpit.

I seem to recall a right-wing reaction to that...

Notice how the UK has become the USA, I blame Blair. New Labour's laws were almost guaranteed to lead to a situation where the UK is USA-lite.

It's like the people in power these days actually like to see fighting and hurt. They seem to enjoy it.

Russell Brand is pretty odious but I am certainly not going to start a campaign to have him taken off the air or have any of his sponsorship deals ended.
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the new liberalism, no one is allowed to have an opinion unless everyone agrees. It's part of the reason I see myself as neither liberal nor conservative.
    No it's not.

its someone on the internet doing something stupid.

Pick a subject any subject. there will be someone on the internet with a stupid opinion about it.

There pathetic, but so are the people who get outraged over them.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that.

Isn't it funny how those who preach “tolerance” are in fact the most intolerant of the lot.
    The tired, second-hand cliches are(n't) the best, eh? Still, they serve as shorthand to identify the actually intolerant.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keiō Line wrote: »
    No it's not.

its someone on the internet doling something stupid.

Pick a subject any subject. there will be someone on the internet with a stupid opinion about it.

There pathetic, but so are the people who get outraged over it.
    Exactly. A few people aren't all liberals and making generalisations like that is just transparent propaganda.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw that.

Isn't it funny how those who preach “tolerance” are in fact the most intolerant of the lot.
    You obviously have access to information that most of us don't. Perhaps you could show us where you were able to access the identity of those setting up the petition, and show us where the same people have been preaching tolerance? Because I don't actually know who they are, or what, if anything, they otherwise preach.
    Andy2 wrote: »
    The 'liberal' Left once again show themselves to be the real nasties.
    I see no reference to liberalism, do you? Are you now attacking a figment of your imagination?
    Liberal fascism I think it's called.
    You want to call a petition 'liberal fascism', though it does not sound either liberal or fascist? Why not call it 'a cornflake', which would make just as much sense?
    I've seen people actually say, "you're free to say what you like, as long as you face the consequences!" as a supporting statement for the modern interpretation of free speech.

Similarly, one could say, "you're free to murder who you like, as long as you face the consequences!" Which is basically true, let's face it, and exactly the same sentiment as the above quote.
    Most of us can tell the difference between setting up an online petition, which is generally legal, even if unpleasant, and murdering someone. Whoever this is, they really are free to petition for what they want: the abolition of cucumbers, Buckingham Palace to be turned into a giraffe house, digitalspy only to accept people whose names begin with Q. An enormous response might actually have an effect, 3000 signatures almost certainly won't; but even so, this petitioner is free to say what they like, subject to laws on hate crime, without being compared with a murderer.
    If she were dropped by Littlewoods, it would not be punishment for having an opinion. It would be punishment for telling the truth (which is worse). A mansion tax is a horrible idea.

But then "in times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act".
    You think it is the truth that in London 2 million pounds will only buy you a garage? It was an absolutely fatuous thing to say.

Yes. I can't bear people who are always whining, "You can't say anything these days!"
  • tenofspadestenofspades Posts: 12,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the idea of campaigning to get her removed from telly has a good stance. Afterall, the public have sort of adopted her. It's how she makes all her money. So to illustrate hey don't be complaining about this when we have got you to where you are kind of thing has a legitimate stance I think.

However, the video of Myleene Klass her point is not that clear. Her thoughts are disjointed and quite random,and don't make a whole load of sense.
  • TomWhittonTomWhitton Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh right, another 'grrr lefties' thread.

Anyway, Myleene Klass' most heinous crime is referring to herself as a "Mumpreneur" on twitter.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the idea of campaigning to get her removed from telly has a good stance. Afterall, the public have sort of adopted her. It's how she makes all her money. So to illustrate hey don't be complaining about this when we have got you to where you are kind of thing has a legitimate stance I think.

However, the video of Myleene Klass her point is not that clear. Her thoughts are disjointed and quite random,and don't make a whole load of sense.

A bit like your average SDLP MLA.
  • StockingsStockings Posts: 137
    Forum Member

She's beautiful too.

If she'd taken that as her career, she'd more than likely be a jobbing musician in an orchestra, getting the going rate that the Musicians Union have got for her.

As pretty as she is, she'd not anywhere near as rich.
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps if Littlewoods do drop her, our Myleene can always become the face of 'big tobacco':

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m18/loonytunestu/myleene3.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/uk3lions/25.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h169/uk3lions/20.jpg

Perhaps they'll even give her a few cartons for nothing - kerching!! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russell Brand is pretty odious but I am certainly not going to start a campaign to have him taken off the air or have any of his sponsorship deals ended.

What sponsorship deals?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What sponsorship deals?

The hypothetical ones used as an example
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. I can't bear people who are always whining, "You can't say anything these days!"
    :D:D:D ..
    'ang on ....
    A bit like your average SDLP MLA.
    Are you now attacking a figment of your imagination?
    ;-)
    Why not call it 'a cornflake', which would make just as much sense?
    oh, it's a cornflake alright.
    No substance, needs something else on it to make it palatable, and really the last thing you want in the morning :D:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hypothetical ones used as an example

Hyperthetically people who are sponsored by companies or who are paid to be the representative / face of a company are supposed to avoid controversy unless it's a provocative brand.

Other people just represent themselves because they don't want Thinkibg about a brand to limit their freedom to speak out or follow causes.

People who said does what she say reflect well on Littlewoods have a point. Little woods is supposed to be about value for money for ordinary people! Comments about you cant get a garage for index £2m don't fit in with the brand but might for something more elitist. Would littlewoods have hired her if she had made her views known before? I think they might have gone for someone less outspoken.

• FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are these women who set up this online anti-Myleene Klass petition doing?!! Do they want Myleene Klass to talk about "fluffy kittens" or something mudane/trivial like the cost of bread instead of her criticising their "Dear Leader" Ed Miliband over some property tax? Honestly the whole online petition thing is totally unbelievable, considering the times we live in nowadays, something not like this...>:(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Surely the women involved must be Labourite feminists?! They must be! Oh the irony if they actually are! :o
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know you shouldn't judge, but reading the petition with all the spelling and grammatical mistakes it contains, I just have this image in my head of a twenty something woman with delusions of intelligence and an over inflated sense of importance who probably didn't even watch the program and just dislikes Klass for unrelated reasons.