Options

The Wrong Mans, BBC2&HD 9pm, 6 eps from 24 Sep

Comments

• Options
    ellie1997ellie1997 Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not sure how this passed me by before but just sat and watched the lot on iPlayer and loved it.
    The Claire Balding line has done it for me for life now, cannot see anything other.

Great show and can't wait for the Christmas specials.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,720
    Forum Member
    ellie1997 wrote: »
    The Claire Balding line has done it for me for life now, cannot see anything other.
    Remind me, please.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    burchybabi wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I read that there would be 2 Christmas specials followed by a new series in the new year

I think the 2 part ‘Christmas special’ (which isn’t really a Christmas special, its just airing at Christmas) IS the new series as its actually a 4 part series, shown as two double bills.
    I doubt there will be anymore as James Corden moves to LA in January to start as host of The Late Late Show in March, and that is very much a full time job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remind me, please.

Cordon was referred to as a 'Fat, male, Claire Balding' and I can't unsee that now. :D
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump for tonight 9 pm
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what did everyone think???
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Is there 2 threads for this :confused:

Anyway. I loved it and cannot wait for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good fun, the one eyed racist is also in Babylon.
  • Options
    Mike TeeveeMike Teevee Posts: 35,574
    Forum Member
    My favourite line of the night.....

"We don't have to be racist, we just have to hang out with some. It's like watching Top Gear."

A bit of a slow start, but got funnier as it went on. I can't wait for tomorrow's second part.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed. Except that there was at least one glaringly obvious error; maybe two.

1. When that woman had the print-out of calls made from the delivery company and their phone number on the computer screen to match it to; the calls were actually made from a payphone some way away from the premises.

2. I don't think international numbers show up under the UK Caller ID system or 1471, especially through a PBX. Though I may be wrong; hence why I said "one maybe two".

The second one, even if not accurate, I can forgive as "dramatic license" but the first is unforgivable!
  • Options
    ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed. Except that there was at least one glaringly obvious error; maybe two.

1. When that woman had the print-out of calls made from the delivery company and their phone number on the computer screen to match it to; the calls were actually made from a payphone some way away from the premises.

2. I don't think international numbers show up under the UK Caller ID system or 1471, especially through a PBX. Though I may be wrong; hence why I said "one maybe two".

The second one, even if not accurate, I can forgive as "dramatic license" but the first is unforgivable!

Bet it's fun to watch stuff round your house!

Seriously though, you are reading way too much into it
  • Options
    seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member

It was a bit funny that Lizzie had deliveries from that company all the way over in Bracknell! Why did she then phone the Russian?

A foreign number doesn't show up on 1471. That was quite a glaring mistake.
  • Options
    davewsdavews Posts: 213
    Forum Member
    International numbers DO show up on caller ID - they were introduced here in Bracknell this summer as BT upgrade their exchanges so at the time of the filming (September) that would indeed be the case.
    Not watched it yet apart from a couple of clips while channel browsing but have it recorded. There was great amusement here during the recording when the Christmas lights and tree suddenly appeared a little earlier than normal and rumours surfaced in the local press as to what it was all about....
    From the little bits I have seen I am not sure this show is for me though.
  • Options
    MR. MacavityMR. Macavity Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The woman noticed that the facebook video by Lizzie had been 'liked' by Gopher Distribution and then realised that the company had the same area code as another number (the payphone) that had regularly been calling Phillip's Mum - they were different numbers of course but enough of a coincidence to dispatch the agent.

Cracking stuff, can't wait for tonight!
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I missed this, why is it Wrong Mans? should that be Wrong Men? or is there an apostrophe missing? as in The Wrong Man's trousers.?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    I missed this, why is it Wrong Mans? should that be Wrong Men? or is there an apostrophe missing? as in The Wrong Man's trousers.?

I think Corden said it was a play on the Hitchock film The Wrong Man as there are 2 of them not 1.

I am sure if you Google you will find Corden explaining it .... better than me :blush:
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite line of the night.....

"We don't have to be racist, we just have to hang out with some. It's like watching Top Gear."

:)

That had me laughing out loud as well! :D
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The crooked lawyer was played by John Ross Bowie from The Big Bang Theory
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant programme
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If its dark in Texas and still not midnight in England someone got it arseways
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Excellent. Loved both episodes.

I like how Cordon is not shy with his body :D
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The first series was pretty brilliant really, and I am not a fan of the Corden 90% of the time, but love him the other 10%...

Will watch this on iPlayer soon

I guess you have to admit he might be a genius.

An irritating, somewhat slimey (though that worked very well on Boris Johnson recently), sycophantic, tubby genius.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The woman noticed that the facebook video by Lizzie had been 'liked' by Gopher Distribution and then realised that the company had the same area code as another number (the payphone) that had regularly been calling Phillip's Mum - they were different numbers of course but enough of a coincidence to dispatch the agent.
    Ah, okay. That makes sense.
    Verence wrote: »
    The crooked lawyer was played by John Ross Bowie from The Big Bang Theory
    Thanks. That's been bugging me since last night :blush: I knew I'd seen him in something. It was the lack of lithp that confused me :D
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed this two parter. Watched the first series, thought it was so different but worth watching. Fast moving and full of good 'one liners'. Why do viewers have to have all the details so exact? It is comedy, stop looking for 'blips'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did not disappoint at all. I do hope there is another series planned.