Options

Thunderbirds remake

Comments

• Options
    MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    c0bo wrote: »

As somebody said in the utube comments , that was more of a teaser than a trailer.

Also in the Comments Section it says that there will be few new characters !
    Why on earth do they need to ADD new characters , I don't like that idea at all .
  • Options
    mike65mike65 Posts: 11,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGI shit! :(
  • Options
    c0boc0bo Posts: 6,472
    Forum Member
    MichPlat wrote: »
    As somebody said in the utube comments , that was more of a teaser than a trailer.

Also in the Comments Section it says that there will be few new characters !
    Why on earth do they need to ADD new characters , I don't like that idea at all .

Apparently the character Tin Tin is being replaced by a character called Kayo.

New Thunderbirds 1

Old Thunderbirds 1

New Thunderbirds 2

Old Thunderbirds 2

New Thunderbirds 3

Old Thunderbirds 3

New Thunderbirds 4

Old Thunderbirds 4

New Thunderbirds 5

Old Thunderbirds 5

Same Teaser but from another site
  • Options
    MichPlatMichPlat Posts: 2,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks . I wonder why they left off the bits of orange from the back end , looks as though something's missing.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the fact it using a mix of model sets and CG, the puppets were part of the charm of the original series but they were limited to what they could do and CG will allow the characters as well as the crafts to do things that just weren't possible in the original.
  • Options
    LiparusLiparus Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they address the problem of the scale of Thunderbird 2's pods. In some episodes the pods were the size of a house, in others a five star hotel!
  • Options
    fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they have been showing trails for this on citv on itv1 the past few mornings . (yes, i still secretly watch sooty)
  • Options
    Prince MonaluluPrince Monalulu Posts: 35,900
    Forum Member
    Jonwo wrote: »
    I like the fact it using a mix of model sets and CG, the puppets were part of the charm of the original series but they were limited to what they could do and CG will allow the characters as well as the crafts to do things that just weren't possible in the original.

According to a Thunderbirds doc (Radio 2, Bob Monkhouse one) I've seen, part of the charm of the puppets is that they're clearly puppets, slightly oversized heads, some thought that's where Captain Scarlet went a bit wrong, tried too hard to look human, lost a certain 'something'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like the way the teaser is released on or near the anniversary of Gerry Andersons death
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    they have been showing trails for this on citv on itv1 the past few mornings . (yes, i still secretly watch sooty)

Oh is Thunderbirds that close to appearing?
    Sooty's back on TV is he, didn't know that, that's some legacy, is there anything to challenge Sooty as a longer running childrens TV character?
    Anyone?
    Is Basil Brush still about btw?

Right, might as well watch this Avengers bollox.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like the way the teaser is released on or near the anniversary of Gerry Andersons death

Shame there haven't been any TV tributes to him/his team, good few hours available that's in the can, add on a few hours of his various shows, that's a fair chunk of programming/'season'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Shame there haven't been any TV tributes to him/his team, good few hours available that's in the can, add on a few hours of his various shows, that's a fair chunk of programming/'season'

I wonder why there hasn't been any tributes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder why there hasn't been any tributes.

I can only guess its a rights issue, BBC's got a doc about him but hasn't re-aired it.
    Can only guess the rights have changed hands and they won't allow stuff to be re-aired, including clips from existing docs or they want silly money.

Lew Grade bought the company years ago, just after Thunderbirds IIRC, bet he bought the back catalogue too.
    Maybe because this new series is in the offing they've stopped anyone going near the Anderson product while this is gestating?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MichPlat wrote: »
    Thanks . I wonder why they left off the bits of orange from the back end , looks as though something's missing.

It's looks different. the others had minor alterations but Thunderbirds 5 looks completely different from what it used to look like..
  • Options
    justatechjustatech Posts: 976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's looks different. the others had minor alterations but Thunderbirds 5 looks completely different from what it used to look like..

It's like they've rotated it just for the sake of it. Three looks a bit clunky round the fins and two looks too squared off for me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    justatech wrote: »
    It's like they've rotated it just for the sake of it. Three looks a bit clunky round the fins and two looks too squared off for me.

I wonder how the new Thunderbirds 3 will link up to the new Thunderbirds 5.
  • Options
    eye3eye3 Posts: 2,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any ideas of a transmission date?
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eye3 wrote: »
    Any ideas of a transmission date?

Given it says Spring, I think it will arrive on ITV around March/April. Probably on the same night as BGT returns. Its a CITV commission, but I imagine will be simulcast on CITV and ITV.
  • Options
    simongvs70simongvs70 Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fugitive wrote: »

I saw the TB5 teaser on ITV4 during Cannonball Run II in the early hours of Saturday morning. How is that supposed to get the main target audience??;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can only guess its a rights issue, BBC's got a doc about him but hasn't re-aired it.
    Can only guess the rights have changed hands and they won't allow stuff to be re-aired, including clips from existing docs or they want silly money.

Lew Grade bought the company years ago, just after Thunderbirds IIRC, bet he bought the back catalogue too.
    Maybe because this new series is in the offing they've stopped anyone going near the Anderson product while this is gestating?

I maybe wrong but don't ITV own the catalogue so couldn't ITV have done a tribute catalogue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought I post this link again, someone might not have seen in.
    A Gerry Anderson Special - Thunderbirds Are Go Sci-Fi On Strings (Youtube) it's the Radio 2 Thunderbirds doc, featuring Bob Monkhouse.
    Absolutely cracking bit of work, matching up all the sound and video clips with stills to a Radio Documentary.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as cartoony as I expected, which is a good thing.
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They look very close to the original design with minor changes but I really like them.
  • Options
    NewWorldManNewWorldMan Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see it's been renewed for a second season before the first has aired! Wow.