Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 45)

SupportSupport Posts: 70,835
Administrator
CTD101 wrote: »
2 things that could've really helped Moyes this season.

1. David Gill not leaving until after the summer transfer window. For as good as Woodward has been in signing deals with Mr Potato, Aeroflot and god knows how many other bloody sponsors, he had no experience of the football transfer system. Could Gill have got Fabregas or any of the other named targets? Who knows, but I can guarantee he wouldn't have insulted Barca with a 25 million offer for Fabregas and then blowing 27 million on Fellaini.

2. Continuity with the back room staff. Obviously he was going to bring his trusted staff with him, but letting Eric Steele, Mike Phelan and Rene Mulensteen go without a fight was a mistake that's really hitting us hard now. It's been documented he asked Rene to stay, but in what role and how much did he REALLY try and persuade him.

Continuation of: Man United Supporters Thread (Part 44)

Comments

• Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    This was actually the last post in the previous topic:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=70698570&postcount=5524 :p
  • Options
    Jim De VilleJim De Ville Posts: 16,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Coentrao rumours seem to be building again, although Moyes has (inevitably) denied that anything is happening.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stories from papers

The Sun

David Moyes reign as Manchester United boss was plunged into more crisis last night.

His struggling champions lost their third game in a row for the first time in 13 years.

They face elimination from the Capital One Cup after losing to the Premier League's Bottom side and skipper Nemaja Vidic - who scored their only goal in the semi-final first leg defeat at Sunderland - wants out.

But defiant Moyes said: 'Im determined to put it right and I sense it in the dressing room now too. Im really looking forward to the second tie now. The support was brilliant - they supported me and the team'.

'They know we are going through a difficult time and they have probably never seen it as bad as this for a long time'.

A Ryan Giggs own goal and a Fabio Borini penalty stunned United but then there was another blow last night, as Vidic's agent revealed the central defender will probably not sign a contract extension.

Vidic, 32, is to hold talks over his future in the next few weeks.

But with with just six months left on the Serbian's deal, his agent, Silvano Martina, said: 'At the moment, I would rule out an extension with United'.

Several Italian clubs including Napoli and Florentina are believed to be watching the player.

Martina added: 'Vidic, given his contract situation, has several teams looking at hiim'.

'He is a very good player and will have no trouble finding a new club. For the time being, we are remaining calm'.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Osusana wrote: »
    Really funny
    It is rather isn't it ! :p:D
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Coentrao rumours seem to be building again, although Moyes has (inevitably) denied that anything is happening.

I hope we don't have another transfer window where I literally have to sit through it with my head in my hands.:(
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think for a second that it was a penalty last night, but what Cleverley was doing tackling like that, I've no idea.

Sincerely hoping Saturday isn't going to be four defeats in a row.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think for a second that it was a penalty last night, but what Cleverley was doing tackling like that, I've no idea.

It really doesn't bear thinking about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I agree that it was never a penalty, although it could be argued that Rafael should have gone.

Swings and roundabouts.
  • Options
    dixiewhiskeydixiewhiskey Posts: 608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it was never a penalty, although it could be argued that Rafael should have gone.

Swings and roundabouts.

That's a fair point. I think the ref did really well there trying to calm him down and give him one more chance. Although if it was the opposition, I'd be calling for them to be off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought it was at the time, but having seen replays I'm less convinced. Had we got one given for that there would have been uproar.

The 'tackle' summed Cleverley up perfectly though. Limp, token gesture at a challenge, having already watched Johnson get past him. Absolute fraud of a player. Giggs aged 40 and Fletcher with a chronic condition contributed more than he did.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    I thought it was at the time, but having seen replays I'm less convinced. Had we got one given for that there would have been uproar.

The 'tackle' summed Cleverley up perfectly though. Limp, token gesture at a challenge, having already watched Johnson get past him. Absolute fraud of a player. Giggs aged 40 and Fletcher with a chronic condition contributed more than he did.

I agree entirely with you here, it should never of being a penalty and if it had of been given the other way there would be about 5 threads made on here about United being given favourable decisions and how we have the refs in our pockets, given against us and surprise, surprise nothing is said. As for Cleverly how he is in the Manchester United squad, never mind a first team regular is a bit of a mystery, he is not United class, never has been and never will be. It says so much about our present problems when our Midfield consists of a 40 year old who although a club legend is way past his sell by date, a player who has just come back from a life altering illness and Tom Cleverly who is so out of his depth it is untrue. Sad times for United at the moment.
  • Options
    O'NeillO'Neill Posts: 8,721
    Forum Member
    [sarcasm]Tom Cleverley must be a good player he plays for England. Sir Alex Ferguson, Moyes, and Hodgson all selected him at various times, we must all be imagining his inept performances at the top level.[/sarcasm]
  • Options
    CaptainRobboCaptainRobbo Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly the transfer market always seems quiet until the last few days.
  • Options
    JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Sadly the transfer market always seems quiet until the last few days.

At the end of the summer we were on holiday with an 8 hour time difference and ended up taking stints in reception where the wifi was frantically refreshing Twitter.

M did the last bit and came back ranting that we'd signed no one. Later on at the night I said 'I can't believe we didn't sign a single player :(' - he replied 'well we signed Fellaini but he's shit so I didn't think it was worth telling you'
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha Ha.

But I take exception to the dissing of Morrisey. :p
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a oke of a performance that was, i can say this Tom cleverly needs to be dropped or shipped out Old trafford for me he is simply not good enough as with that muppet smalling. You see it doesnt help matters when you have a decent defender like jones who is out but yet he is played in several posistions. Understand this Moyes he is a central defender so when he is fit play the guy there. Im starting to lose my patience now with United because although we knew things would be hard when SAF left i dont think we knew it would be this bad. Im not gonna call for moyes to be sacked to me he does need time and 6 months is nothing but then again the results need to start going our way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep hearing about the negative effect SAF is having by watching the game from the stands and that he should stay away. To be frank that wouldn't make the top 50 reasons of why we are where we are.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »
    What a oke of a performance that was, i can say this Tom cleverly needs to be dropped or shipped out Old trafford for me he is simply not good enough as with that muppet smalling. You see it doesnt help matters when you have a decent defender like jones who is out but yet he is played in several posistions. Understand this Moyes he is a central defender so when he is fit play the guy there. Im starting to lose my patience now with United because although we knew things would be hard when SAF left i dont think we knew it would be this bad. Im not gonna call for moyes to be sacked to me he does need time and 6 months is nothing but then again the results need to start going our way.

Yes but we have to play him out of position because our midfield is shite.

He's the new utility player, a new John O' Shea.

Ronaldo
    Michael Owen
    Valencia

The last 3 no 7's to play at Utd. That's what we're dealing with now. Major surgery required unfortunately.:cry:
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Next number 7 will be star free transfer signing of phil neville.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    homer2012 wrote: »
    Next number 7 will be star free transfer signing of phil neville.

:D Don't even joke about such things!

It'll be Januzaj next, probably next season.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    We have enough actual genuine issues to worry about without making stuff up about squad numbers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GetHoppy wrote: »
    Keep hearing about the negative effect SAF is having by watching the game from the stands and that he should stay away. To be frank that wouldn't make the top 50 reasons of why we are where we are.

Completely agree.

Ludicrous non-issue.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member
    :D Don't even joke about such things!

It'll be Januzaj next, probably next season.

Hey he meets my 7 letters in the no. 7's name criteria - Cantona, Coppell, Ronaldo, Beckham (glossing over Robson and Owen and totally ignoring Valencia - the exception that proves the rule:D)

Let it be so
This discussion has been closed.