Final weeks in the BB house: good ones and bad ones

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
Forum Member
✭✭
Dullest: BB1. The reason why they have never run a final down to three housemates since. The pre-final party consisted of the housemates having a glass of wine then going to bed at 9.30 because they were so bored.

Most ill-tempered on the forum: BB11. People were livid at the quadruple eviction, and the forum was divided between Josie fans (hiding up in her appreciation thread) and people in a permanent rage. When Dave came second, joy and happiness was in short supply.

Most dramatic: Ramped up to nuclear levels by the sheer nastiness showed by other housemates to aisleyne that week; when she made a poor speech as part of a task you would have thought she had shot Bambi's mother. Glyn beat her. No one cared. It was Aisleyne's night.

Friendly final weeks. Surprisingly, most of them. Just look at BB13 and a chastened Luke S being treated with uniform kindness and politeness by the outsiders and middles. And the BB8 finalists all lying in the garden squeezed under the same quilt.

Unfriendliest final week. BB12. Considering that it was a pretty friendly series all the way through. All BB's fault; they just couldn't stand it. Hence the birthday presents task, a rare example of Aaron being wrong-footed and not being able to conceal his annoyance. I don't think Tom even liked his watch much.

Loudest cries of 'fix'! Rachel beating Rex? Luke beating Deana?

Worst final night. BB12, by miles. Good lord. Possibly the most dismal conclusion to a rtv show ever. Made you long for someone to turn a water cannon on the crowd until they learned the meaning of good sportsmanship.

Comments

• TrumblesTrumbles Posts: 7,781
    Forum Member
    Dullest: BB1. The reason why they have never run a final down to three housemates since. The pre-final party consisted of the housemates having a glass of wine then going to bed at 9.30 because they were so bored.

Most ill-tempered on the forum: BB11. People were livid at the quadruple eviction, and the forum was divided between Josie fans (hiding up in her appreciation thread) and people in a permanent rage. When Dave came second, joy and happiness was in short supply.

Most dramatic: Ramped up to nuclear levels by the sheer nastiness showed by other housemates to aisleyne that week; when she made a poor speech as part of a task you would have thought she had shot Bambi's mother. Glyn beat her. No one cared. It was Aisleyne's night.

Friendly final weeks. Surprisingly, most of them. Just look at BB13 and a chastened Luke S being treated with uniform kindness and politeness by the outsiders and middles. And the BB8 finalists all lying in the garden squeezed under the same quilt.

Unfriendliest final week. BB12. Considering that it was a pretty friendly series all the way through. All BB's fault; they just couldn't stand it. Hence the birthday presents task, a rare example of Aaron being wrong-footed and not being able to conceal his annoyance. I don't think Tom even liked his watch much.

Worst final night. BB12, by miles. Good lord. Possibly the most dismal conclusion to a rtv show ever. Made you long for someone to turn a water cannon on the crowd until they learned the meaning of good sportsmanship.
    I'd say BB6 was worse for the crowd's (and perhaps Davina's) attitude to Makosi. In general they were pretty foul that series, with people chucking stuff at Sam and Vanessa.

Anyway, objectively, BB3 must be the best final night.
    All the HMs were a big part of the series. The vote was close (Jade came fourth with 20%). I think all of them were cheered? (certainly Jade got a better reception than she was expecting). 10 million people watched :o . A clip of Johnny Depp wanting Jade to win was shown. Johnny saw Dustin Hoffman doing a (not career best) impression of him. Kate staggered out looked humbled and plastered. All good.

BB9's final week must be up there for house cluelessness about public feeling. Rex being astonished that he'd outlasted Kat and then more astonished to be beaten by Rachel and Sara. Rachel must remain our most startled winner (Nadia notwithstanding). Again, that was a very close one between the final four (the final order looking great to me if not to Davina).
  • dialecticdialectic Posts: 6,949
    Forum Member

Yes the Aaron final was the worst. He looked humiliated walking out with his briefcase of money to the baying mob and his treatment on BOTS was deplorable.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The final weeks of BB's 2 and 3 were great as, iirc, they gave them proper things to do to keep us and them entertained right to the very end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Trumbles wrote: »
    All the HMs were a big part of the series. The vote was close (Jade came fourth with 20%). I think all of them were cheered? (certainly Jade got a better reception than she was expecting). 10 million people watched :o . A clip of Johnny Depp wanting Jade to win was shown. Johnny saw Dustin Hoffman doing a (not career best) impression of him. Kate staggered out looked humbled and plastered. All good.
    Lol, yes, I don't think we are going to see Robert Downey jnr bigging up Winston and Hugh Jackman doing his Ash impression any time soon.
    BB9's final week must be up there for house cluelessness about public feeling. Rex being astonished that he'd outlasted Kat and then more astonished to be beaten by Rachel and Sara. Rachel must remain our most startled winner (Nadia notwithstanding). Again, that was a very close one between the final four (the final order looking great to me if not to Davina).

Yes, one of the things that always strikes me when people bleat on about Rachel being the most undeserving winner is that she had an exceptionally tough final. Rex, Darnell and Sara all had large and passionate fan groups (Mikey never seemed to, which suggests, as with Adam two years ago, that you don't really need one.)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And here's how BB entertained us during the last couple of days of each series. It is a trying time for them, as the housemates can't think of anything except going home. Still.

1. Caring for an artificial baby.

2. Not known, unless someone has absolutely super-powered memory.

3. 4 earlier evictees had to race, and the current housemates had to bet on them.

4. 'Housemates had to discuss topics with Big Brother for 10 minutes. They failed." My, that sounds exciting.

5. Drinking fish guts.

6. A cheerleading task, and Eugene's money dilemma.

7. Housemates had to make 'political', speeches about each other.

8. Housemates were given props and costumes and told to make 'Big Brother, the Movie'. (I have no memory of this.)

9. Some minor Las Vegas themed tasks, and Lisa and Sara's Prisoner's Dilemma.

10. Housemates had to rank themselves ('most selfish' and so on ) while David guessed there they had put themselves.

11. Andrew's Say Yes task, and the other housemates being told what his task was. Also the house flood.

12. Alex and Tom's birthday tasks (Macarena marathon etc); the birthday presents that so upset Aaron and pleased no one.

13. The Nommy Awards, and Luke S's special dinner.

14. Housemates had to make 'political' speeches about themselves, then read tweets about themselves and answer questions from Vanessa Feltz and John McCririck.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last year the final week was awful. Just Dexter and Charlie having the same boring conversation over and over
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot for the life of me remember Andrew from BB 11.
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    And here's how BB entertained us during the last couple of days of each series. It is a trying time for them, as the housemates can't think of anything except going home. Still.

1. Caring for an artificial baby.

Juanita

That was hilarious
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member

2. Not known, unless someone has absolutely super-powered memory.
    Wasnt Elizabeth voted out in the midweek before the final in a shock (it was then as they hadnt done it before) eviction.

I remeber Helen saying 'my hair, my hair' over and over again
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BB7's final week was the most depressing.
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But... Pete won?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    peterstone wrote: »
    Juanita

That was hilarious
    It was. :) They were still finding their feet with those early tasks, but that one worked really well.
    BB7's final week was the most depressing.
    Yes. :( It really was. Nikki was too unsophisticated to understand how contrived her obviously over-coached behaviour would seem and Richard became positively oily in his desperation to stay on good terms with what they all thought were the winning pair.
    Pointy wrote: »
    But... Pete won?!

Oh yes. I don't think many people ever doubted that Pete would win. But as first Nikki then Richard fell, it did really seem that Aisleyne might snatch second place. As I say, didn't matter: she couldn't have looked more gobsmacked and thrilled. I think the last two weeks had really hit her confidence, and that night she got it back.