Using a USB flash card on tv

I have been given a USB flash memory thingey with movies on it down loaded from the internet.

My tv is a Samsung ue40es7000 it has two usb sockets marked 5v 0.5a and one marked 5v 1a.

I cannot find any info in the tv manual to using such a device or reference to these sockets.

Is it ok to use and which socket do I pick.

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Either, whether the TV will play the clips is a different question. The 1A socket should be used for USB hard drives which will need more current than a usb stick.
  • evil cevil c Posts: 7,833
    Forum Member
    It's the USB (HDD 5V 1A) slot, which is immediately above the HDMI IN 3 (MHL) slot. As grahamlthompson says, it is unlikely your flash memory thingey will work. You need a portable hard drive rather than a flash drive. Very helpful description, by the way (he said sarcastically).
  • Chris FrostChris Frost Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    suzieque wrote: »
    I cannot find any info in the tv manual to using such a device or reference to these sockets.

Samsung user manuals are abysmal since they went over to this E-manual idea. The TV has the manual built-in now. But trying to get an overview of something is hard work.

You could try downloading the manual from the Samsung web site LINK... it's the option that says user manual just in case you were wondering. ;) Open it in Adobe Acrobat pdf Reader or Foxit pdf Reader and then use the "search" or "find" tool to type in and find words or phrases you're looking for.

Start with USB and you'll find references to the sockets and what type of drives can be used. Your TV will work with a USB memory stick. It also describes the process of selecting the USB input.

The manual is far less clear about file formats that will and won't work. That's not too surprising. TVs aren't as flexible as computers. This might be a case of suck-it-and-see.