Rolf Lassgard Wallander

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me what the music is that the birdwatcher is listening to in 'The Fifth Woman' episode 1 around 15 mins in?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    The ratings for episodes 1 and 2 of The Fifth Woman are higher than they were for their first screening last year. In August last year they had 410,000 and 377,000 respectively. T his time around 575,000 and 476,000. This time they were not up against the final Saturday of the Olympics though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Firewall Parts 1 & 2 on next Saturday and the one after that. This two-parter is the penultimate Rolf Lassgard Wallander film. The final one being The Pyramid. I think it's safe to assume that the BBC will be showing this as well.
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,505
    Forum Member
    Is this the first showing of this one on the BBC?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    Is this the first showing of this one on the BBC?

Nope. Sorry gomezz.

Firewall is a re-repeat. First shown Dec 2010 and repeated Nov 2011.

While checking the broadcast info it seems the BBC didn't show the final films in the correct order first time around. So we may get Firewall, One Step Behind and then Pyramid re-repeated. I haven't been keeping check of these re-repeats.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wallander_(film_series)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pyramid is being repeated on Sat 3rd August. This is the final Rolf Wallander film. Don't have any info on what BBC4 will be showing on the Saturday after.

Hope we get some new stuff. Salamander perhaps. Or Young Montie. Bridge S2 maybe.

BBC4 HD is supposed to launch early 2014(along with BBC3 HD). Exciting for some of us. Boring news for others who don't care for HD.
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems ages since I've watched anything subbed on BBC4 now as I haven't been watching the Wallander repeats! This must be the longest gap since I started watching subbed stuff on there - that was TK1 for me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It seems ages since I've watched anything subbed on BBC4 now as I haven't been watching the Wallander repeats! This must be the longest gap since I started watching subbed stuff on there - that was TK1 for me.

Hiya RP. Hope you are tanned and well:)

I think Spiral was the first subbed stuff I watched on BBC4. But back then they didn't have a regular Sat night sub slot. Like you say that started with TK1? I dropped Arne Dahl after 4 or 5 eps, so it's been an even longer break for me!

The Returned ends on 4 this weekend so I'm hoping BBC4 starts showing new stuff soon. There's new Krister Wallanders as well as Borgen 3 to show.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pyramid is being repeated on Sat 3rd August. This is the final Rolf Wallander film. Don't have any info on what BBC4 will be showing on the Saturday after.

Hope we get some new stuff. Salamander perhaps. Or Young Montie. Bridge S2 maybe.

BBC4 HD is supposed to launch early 2014(along with BBC3 HD). Exciting for some of us. Boring news for others who don't care for HD.

They could be showing Inspector Da Luca next. That's an Italian detective drama set during WWII
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    They could be showing Inspector Da Luca next. That's an Italian detective drama set during WWII

Yep. Forgotten about that one, V:)

Here's the list of upcoming TV series and Films from the BBC Media site(dated March this year)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbc-four-acquisitions.html

They announced Salamander as well in May
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/salamander.html

No transmission dates that I can find.
    Any more recent announcements?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Forgotten about that one, V:)

Here's the list of upcoming TV series and Films from the BBC Media site(dated March this year)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2013/bbc-four-acquisitions.html
    Any more recent announcements?

That article mentions an Australian drama called The Slap. One of the main actors in that, Essie Davis is now the lead in an Australian crime drama called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries which is shown over her on Alibi

That channel has announced a start date for Season 2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/07/alibi-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-miss-fishers-murder-mysteries-season-2/

Speaking of Inspector de Luca I found a trailer/preview of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45ydK0YqUk

The books on which the De Luca series is based run from 1938-48 so if it runs for long enough it could become like an Italian version of Foyle's War
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That article mentions an Australian drama called The Slap. One of the main actors in that, Essie Davis is now the lead in an Australian crime drama called Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries which is shown over her on Alibi

That channel has announced a start date for Season 2

http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2013/07/alibi-sets-uk-premiere-date-for-miss-fishers-murder-mysteries-season-2/

Speaking of Inspector de Luca I found a trailer/preview of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n45ydK0YqUk

The books on which the De Luca series is based run from 1938-48 so if it runs for long enough it could become like an Italian version of Foyle's War

De Luca aired in 2008. So does that mean it's a one off?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    De Luca aired in 2008. So does that mean it's a one off?

Seems like itt
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RadioTimes has Sebastian Bergman Part 1(another repeated Rolfie drama) showing on Sat 10th August.

Rolf in full bird pulling mode. Not his finest hour perhaps?
  • nicktrownicktrow Posts: 869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The very first Wallander starring Rolf Lassgard and never shown on UK tv will be on BBC Four this Christmas and New Year.
    Filmed 20 years ago the first two episodes will air Boxing Day and the final two New Years Day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nicktrow wrote: »
    The very first Wallander starring Rolf Lassgard and never shown on UK tv will be on BBC Four this Christmas and New Year.
    Filmed 20 years ago the first two episodes will air Boxing Day and the final two New Years Day.

Tack så mycket
  • parthenaparthena Posts: 2,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tack så mycket

Ditto! (I hope you said what I think you said, Verence, not something naughty :D )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    parthena wrote: »
    Ditto! (I hope you said what I think you said, Verence, not something naughty :D )

You don't have to worry... it was Swedish for "thank you very much"
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,526
    Forum Member
    nicktrow wrote: »

I didn't have a clue this was on, so thanks for letting us know! I've wanted to see this for ages :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has the Lassgård version of Dogs of Riga been shown on BBC4 before??

I've been told on Twitter that BBC4 will be showing it on Jan 3rd
  • the_lostprophetthe_lostprophet Posts: 4,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bump to remind people that this is on tonight!
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, anyone nostalgic for Pirate VHS picture quality will be loving this!!

....and half-naked in the first five minutes! Good to have you back Rolf! :D

Rolf visually answering the unasked question, "What would an Old English Sheepdog look like if it could walk upright and wear a coat?"
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so much a police procedural but more like watching a drunken sex pest stumble about town! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frederic Täckström who played Sverdberg appeared in two episodes of Krister Wallander.

Rune Bergman who played the old sailor who told Kurt about the knot in episode 1 also appeared in an episode of Krister Wallander and funnily enough played the murder victim Johannes Lovgren in the Kenny B version of Faceless Killers
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In case any one is wondering about the stones:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ale%27s_Stones