Options

Perez - any psychologists or psychiatrists on here?

puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Genuinely interested to hear the opinions of any psychologists or psychiatrists or therapists ... whats going on with Perez?

The dry humping the mirror/door yesterday took it beyond wanting airtime and the goading of Alexander tonight....I can't see how this is just someone guaranteeing they get most of the evening show airtime anymore as he's harming himself and his career now. What on earth is going on with him? Its really creepy, I'm actually worried for the other housemates in case they do flip and do something to him.

And look at this clip...he goes to the toilet and tells Big Brother he is going to start coughing on purpose to wake and upset housemates....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Fmtziwkew

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was wondering if it is bipolar or something of that nature. If not, then a personality disorder of some kind. But it really should be something he addresses when he gets out. I don't like seeing people with mental conditions made to parade about for our entertainment.
  • Options
    Geri69Geri69 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if there was, you can't tell just by watching a game show.
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe he's a father!
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if it is bipolar or something of that nature. If not, then a personality disorder of some kind. But it really should be something he addresses when he gets out. I don't like seeing people with mental conditions made to parade about for our entertainment.

I think he's showing a lot of signs of bipolar. I honestly don't think he'd have gotten through the psych tests of the C4 era but, as I said in another thread, C5 would put Norman Bates in CBB without worrying about his sanity
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Geri69 wrote: »
    Even if there was, you can't tell just by watching a game show.

No I agree with you. But his crying, then high moods etc I don't think he's as in control as people or he thinks he is. It's all far too horrible to watch.
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Genuinely interested to hear the opinions of any psychologists or psychiatrists or therapists ... whats going on with Perez?

The dry humping the mirror/door yesterday took it beyond wanting airtime and the goading of Alexander tonight....I can't see how this is just someone guaranteeing they get most of the evening show airtime anymore as he's harming himself and his career now. What on earth is going on with him? Its really creepy, I'm actually worried for the other housemates in case they do flip and do something to him.

And look at this clip...he goes to the toilet and tells Big Brother he is going to start coughing on purpose to wake and upset housemates....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8Fmtziwkew

Hope you don't mind PuppetAngel I copied your clip for one of the threads I started. This clip is from LiveFeed on Friday and it was repeated on Sky Channel 5 +1 tonight but they didn't show the end part of the show so I copied it so anyone reading the thread could view it too.
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I Wouldn't say bipolar, that tends to be stints that can last days not a few minutes before crying and apologising. His routine is very childlike. Acts up for attention, mummy/daddy doesn't like it, goes to sulk in a corner or cry, before being told that everything is ok and it all goes back to normal and repeats. He is a living, breathing, viscous circle.
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    im an armchair psychologist. And in my unprofessional opinion... He's a bellend.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I think he's showing a lot of signs of bipolar. I honestly don't think he'd have gotten through the psych tests of the C4 era but, as I said in another thread, C5 would put Norman Bates in CBB without worrying about his sanity

I'm glad someone thinks so too. I'm NOT saying he has it, but there are some signs and if someone with more knowledge on it can enlighten us it would be good.

Many people with mental illness behave in ways that some people think is just a personality 'quirk' when it's often more than that and can cause them a lot of personal distress. Again, it's all just speculation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but have a close family member who is a mental health nurse. He says you cannot possibly diagnose a mental disorder by watching someone on telly, needs far more input than that.However his first impression is that Perez knows EXACTLY what he is doing, and looks more manipulating than anything.
    However as I said, you can't diagnose on the telly. :D
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KT_Dog wrote: »
    im an armchair psychologist. And in my unprofessional opinion... He's a bellend.

Hard to argue with that diagnosis :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    EuroFoxi wrote: »
    I Wouldn't say bipolar, that tends to be stints that can last days not a few minutes before crying and apologising. His routine is very childlike. Acts up for attention, mummy/daddy doesn't like it, goes to sulk in a corner or cry, before being told that everything is ok and it all goes back to normal and repeats. He is a living, breathing, viscous circle.

A personality disorder of some sort, which often comes with a mood disorder/fluctuating moods.
  • Options
    haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its called narcissism.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In my thread below I said he reminds me so much of Shabaz BB7. There are so many similarities.
    Strange sexual behaviour, constant attention seeking and the other hms having no choice but to ostracise him.
    He had been badly sexually abused apparently. Oh he threatened suicide frequently.

I just don't think Perez is in control of himself, I really don't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And an attention seeker. He has already admitted he is doing it on purpose.
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member
    VIP101 wrote: »
    I can't believe he's a father!

It's not that difficult to achieve.
  • Options
    EuroFoxiEuroFoxi Posts: 12,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not that difficult to achieve.

Spoken like a true Jeremy Kyle audience member. :D:o
  • Options
    KT_DogKT_Dog Posts: 6,385
    Forum Member
    I was being flippant obviously. But in all seriousness we do tend to go down the psychoanalysis route a lot in this day and age to explain away behaviour. Sometimes an attention seeking bellend is just an attention seeking bellend.
  • Options
    jobieladjobielad Posts: 4,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a psychiatrist or psychologist but did run a Secure Mental Health Unit many, many years ago. People with a diagnosis of Psychopathy did show some of the behavioural traits Perez is showing (I am not saying he is a Psychopath or anything - not qualified to diagnose) i.e. attention seeking, acting out, instant gratification/reaction, inability to delay needs etc. The thing is Perez has insight and knows exactly what he is doing. The YouTube clip taken from live feed shows him saying he is going to start coughing and wake the housemates up. It's a deliberate act. He doesn't care about the housemates in that sense, has very little empathy with them and doesn't care about the consequences of his actions. Also his blogging too is very attention seeking - some of his blogs show that he doesn't care what effects his pronouncements will have on the lives of others e.g. outing people etc Hence he seems very shallow in nature. When I ran the unit just one person with Psychopathy could set the rest of the patients against each other and cause havoc if whichever person in charge didn't know how to manage it. He is causing havoc too. Perez knows what he is doing and doesn't care who gets hurt in the process e.g. Ken, Jeremy, Alex (all their careers can be harmed by his actions) He makes up his own rules and lives by them and doesn't seem to have much empathy with the group and others. Interesting but he reminds me of some of my best Psychopaths who are great at playing games and the game is always to win.

I wouldn't think he is psychotic - he doesn't show any evidence of hearing voices, seeing visions etc and he isn't totally out of touch with reality at all. He doesn't seem delusional to me either. He really did believe he was giving the public what they wanted till the boos on eviction night but he is aware enough to now know he is disliked. If he were deluded he would still believe the British Public loved him no matter what (Delusion meaning a false, fixed unshift able belief)

This is just my opinion and some of my observations. I am not a doctor and therefore not qualified to offer a medical opinion. AND as someone else has already said much more assessment is needed to make a proper diagnosis. My consultant used to ask one question when we took new patients, is the person mad or not mad and we knew what she meant i.e. psychotic or not psychotic. I would hazard a strong guess that Perez is not mad. He does however have fascinating behaviour!!! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And an attention seeker. He has already admitted he is doing it on purpose.

Yes, but what is making him do it on 'purpose.' The compulsion doesn't just come from thin air. It's defo a personality disorder that goes without saying....Narcissistic sounds likely. But I don't wish to say anymore.
    As someone said you can't diagnose from the telly. I just hope he can get help if he wants it.
  • Options
    An ThropologistAn Thropologist Posts: 39,854
    Forum Member

I lived with someone with bi-polar for 8 years and I do think there are aspects of Perez in common with my ex. But in my experience (one example!!) the periods of mania and depression are much more prolonged.

When my ex was in a manic period it would last several weeks. In that time he would be so full of energy, barely sleeping but not in a fretful insomniac way but as if he was keen to be up and out and heading to work despite the fact it was 5am. During those phases he was great to be around, he would be the life and soul of the party even if there was no party, going out of his way for people literally. His energy was extreme and infectious.

Then the crash came and it was like a dark cloud descended over him. He would sometimes go for days and not say a word, just sit looking at, but not really watching, the TV. His depressions were self focussed and to do with feelings of failure and self loathing. He was never antisocial in his behaviours and he never took his downs out on others but his black cloud did cast a shadow over anyone close to him. He could function, got himself to work and such like but he was on sort of auto pilot.

Perez seems to be up one minute and down the next. That might be how bi-polar affects some people but it isn't my (very limited) experience.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Superb
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am an amateur psychometrist, and I can confirm that he be cray.
  • Options
    sandy50sandy50 Posts: 22,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but have a close family member who is a mental health nurse. He says you cannot possibly diagnose a mental disorder by watching someone on telly, needs far more input than that.However his first impression is that Perez knows EXACTLY what he is doing, and looks more manipulating than anything.
    However as I said, you can't diagnose on the telly. :D
    I agree. And I think it's dangerous ground ----when all we've seen of him is supposedly playing to the cameras on a reality tv show (face value)....but what's motivating him and what's behind his behaviour......is another matter.
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was being flippant obviously. But in all seriousness we do tend to go down the psychoanalysis route a lot in this day and age to explain away behaviour. Sometimes an attention seeking bellend is just an attention seeking bellend.
    I've been around DS for a lot of years but that is my quote of quotes!