Man United Supporters Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JoTaylor wrote: »
    Hummm Joey???????? You're not Twitter.....call me!

Hummmm - ok Jo.
  • Scratchy.Scratchy. Posts: 261
    Forum Member
    Can someone tell me what 'hummm' is and why people start their posts with it?
  • catsaregreycatsaregrey Posts: 1,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rooney needs to stay up front, there is no-one occupying their central defenders
  • JoTaylorJoTaylor Posts: 9,870
    Forum Member
    Scratchy. wrote: »
    Can someone tell me what 'hummm' is and why people start their posts with it?

Hummm I saw it trending on Twitter and thought I'd try it on for size.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hummm, It is certainly all the rage on Twitter at the moment Jo.
  • Tannhauser GateTannhauser Gate Posts: 17,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez. Just started watch.... errr I meant listening. How the hell did we concede? Oh well at least Mephis has got off the mark. At least tell me we've looked the better side....?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hummmm that's more like it Roo. Show 'em your not finished yet.....
    Forum Member

Well if it's trending, i might just try it out some time. Hopefully it won't look like i'm attention seeking.
    Forum Member
    Well if it's trending, i might just try it out some time. Hopefully it won't look like i'm attention seeking.

If you're not really a hummm kind of bloke then it really won't float your goat though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hummmm - give it a go Scratchy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hummm we have a new star here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!
  • batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a goal!!!

This has got Rooney v Fenerbahce written all over it for Memphis! 😀
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Angel who??
    Forum Member
    Hummm, this guy is Ronaldo MKII.

(Did I hummm correctly?)
    Forum Member

(Did I hummm correctly?)

Oh my! You hummmed like a pro there. Very sexy :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

(Did I hummm correctly?)

Hummmmmmm you did indeed Scratchy, good man.
  • TeeGeeTeeGee Posts: 5,772
    Forum Member
    Nice strike but team seem to lack pace in the attack. Quality HD picture in Cheshire from TRT Turkey. :)
  • TribecTribec Posts: 9,330
    Forum Member
    Well, first time I've been able to watch us this season, and so far so good. It isn't the free flowing football we've grown accustomed to, but it's doing the job. I can't believe it, I've seen Smalling pass the ball at least 3 times to a United player. I can't recall the last time that happened. Keep it up and he might get some praise.

Been impressed by Memphis obviously, but quietly I've enjoyed watching januzaj this half, yes he could have been booked for kicking the ball away, but generally he's very improved from last year.

Mata is very quiet, and isn't the greatest defensively. He needs to get back into the game or he'll be getting the hook.

Blind isn't doing to badly and a great ball to Memphis for the second goal, got to agree that the left hand side was a bit suspect, but I do think that was more with Shaw pushing forward and no one coming back to cover the space.

The second goal came at the right moment, a real kick in the teeth for Brugge, after doing quite well for most of the half. Another goal early in the second half will kill the tie off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tidy end to the half. Hopefully that will settle Memphis down for the long term (he has been trying a bit too hard in the two matches so far) and the team as a whole for this match.

Rooney's touch is better today as well. He will have to start scoring or assisting soon though otherwise it'll be hard to justify his space in the side....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you know what i like about the german is that he looks genuinely happy to be at the club. Always a worry when you sign a big name from a big club that they are only doing it because the other club doesnt want them anymore so they mope a bit
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tribec wrote: »
    Well, first time I've been able to watch us this season, and so far so good. It isn't the free flowing football we've grown accustomed to, but it's doing the job. I can't believe it, I've seen Smalling pass the ball at least 3 times to a United player. I can't recall the last time that happened. Keep it up and he might get some praise.

maybe watch more games then? He passes ok regularly. If you focus on the one mistake thats all youll remember and miss the many times he actually does pass to a team mate
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your man Memphis looks the type of player you have been crying out for last couple of seasons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scary moment there!
  • TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    you know what i like about the german is that he looks genuinely happy to be at the club. Always a worry when you sign a big name from a big club that they are only doing it because the other club doesnt want them anymore so they mope a bit

He loves our sense of humour, apparently.

Saw this on FB (screencapping something from Twitter):
    Schweinsteiger: "The English have a special sense of humour. This I immediately experienced in the dressing room"

Bastian: "As I walked with two plates while eating, suddenly a teammate asked me 'Basti', what time is it?'"

Bastian: "Hoping I would automatically turn my hand to look at my watch. That's quite entertaining."
    https://www.facebook.com/FootyAccumulators/photos/a.279848098840444.1073741826.101219713369951/503437276481524/?type=1&theater

If you took out his name you'd be forgiven for thinking that's a Boring James Milner story. :p

...he's carrying two plates of food...into a dressing room? Hope nobody was getting changed...
This discussion has been closed.