Rolf Lassgard Wallander

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,890
    Forum Member
    maltshovel wrote: »
    Evening Wallander fans :)

Unfortunately my other half doesn't do foreign subtitled programmes :( so I'm going to have to watch this on-line later but enjoy!

Well your OH has no taste:p:D
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Evening, ILW! Have been searching for a thread on this for AAAAGES!
  • maltshovelmaltshovel Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Well certainly no viewing taste but when it comes to choosing the love of his life....
    Forum Member
    allie4 wrote: »
    Evening, ILW! Have been searching for a thread on this for AAAAGES!

Hi allie:) Well looks like you've found us:p
    Forum Member
    ILW have you booked your trip to Iceland yet?
    Forum Member
    You were here last week, allie:D

Looks like this is our last Rolf Wallander. Next week they've got Life of Brian in this slot. Thought we might have had Firewall like we did last time:(
    Forum Member
    ILW have you booked your trip to Iceland yet?

I wish! No, it'll be a while before I get to Iceland, a long, long while:( I'm determined to go though, one day
    Forum Member
    I must admit it wasn't the cheapest trip in the world but it is definitely worth the wait. I can assure you of that :D
    Forum Member
    Well certainly no viewing taste but when it comes to choosing the love of his life....

Ahhhhh even if you do say so yourself:D

Why doesn't he watch subbed programmes? Does he think he won't be able to keep up with the action and read subtitles? I used to think maybe I'd miss things in the story but I never do and I don't think I ever did. Reading the subs and knowing exactly what's going on in the 'action' becomes second nature. It's such a shame to miss out on some great tv.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You were here last week, allie:D

Looks like this is our last Rolf Wallander. Next week they've got Life of Brian in this slot. Thought we might have had Firewall like we did last time:(

The Life of Brian??? wth?:confused: This is our one slot of decent foreign drama... SO annoyed! Look >>>:mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    Ahhhhh even if you do say so yourself:D

Why doesn't he watch subbed programmes? Does he think he won't be able to keep up with the action and read subtitles? I used to think maybe I'd miss things in the story but I never do and I don't think I ever did. Reading the subs and knowing exactly what's going on in the 'action' becomes second nature. It's such a shame to miss out on some great tv.
    I think you have hit the nail on the head about him not being able to follow the action. I'm still working on it though, one day........:D
    Forum Member
    I must admit it wasn't the cheapest trip in the world but it is definitely worth the wait. I can assure you of that :D

If I won the lottery I'd go tomorrow!
    Forum Member
    The Life of Brian??? wth?:confused: This is our one slot of decent foreign drama... SO annoyed! Look >>>:mad::mad:

I think they did that once before, I think they put a Python film on in 'our':D euro crime slot.

I'm :mad::mad::(:cry::mad::mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly sure this recording and him seeing Svedberg in that scene with Isa isn't in the book. I've read it twice - it's very effective though.
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly sure this recording and him seeing Svedberg in that scene with Isa isn't in the book. I've read it twice - it's very effective though.

How are you finding this episode, allie?
  • prehensileprehensile Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I've seen two of these now and quite enjoyed both, although not as much as the Krister Henriksson ones.

I found the ending of 'The Man Who Smiled' very disappointing and annoyingly inconclusive, while the plot of 'One Step Behind' was just too incredible for my liking. Also found them both a bit disjointed and not as well scripted as the later ones.

One other thing - did they re-use elements of 'One Step Behind' in one of the Krister Henriksson Wallanders? The stuff about a postman spying on Wallander seemed very familiar.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    A very bizarre tale but very entertaining. Did they only do two of this series , if that is to be the last for a while
  • JeffG1JeffG1 Posts: 15,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I looked up Bellman (Carl Michael Bellman) on Wikipedia. Interesting. I had not heard of him before, and Gustav III gets a mention too.

Apparently there are also Bellman jokes, told by Swedish children. Sample:
    A Dane, a Russian, and Bellman were walking through the forest when they came upon a track.
    - I think it's an elk track, said the Dane.
    -No, no, said the Russian,
    - It's clearly a bear track.
    Bellman didn't have time to answer because he was hit by a train.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it but I am still trying to get my bonce around the 'new' Wallander being vastly different in both looks and character (one example being the 'entertaining' of the prostitute on the previous episode) to the hombre in the last series I saw!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    prehensile wrote: »
    I've seen two of these now and quite enjoyed both, although not as much as the Krister Henriksson ones.

I found the ending of 'The Man Who Smiled' very disappointing and annoyingly inconclusive, while the plot of 'One Step Behind' was just too incredible for my liking. Also found them both a bit disjointed and not as well scripted as the later ones.

One other thing - did they re-use elements of 'One Step Behind' in one of the Krister Henriksson Wallanders? The stuff about a postman spying on Wallander seemed very familiar.

An episode of the Kenny Branagh Wallander was based on the same book

Next week's Euro-Crime slot is filled by the first part of Rolf Lassgård Wallander story, Firewall
  • La RhumbaLa Rhumba Posts: 11,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

Next week's Euro-Crime slot is filled by the first part of Rolf Lassgård Wallander story, Firewall

Thank you for confirming! I've had to look for this thread where I knew I'd find the answer, cos I thought I was going mad last night! :o No mention at all in Radio Times that it was the first part of a 2 part story. The announcer at the end didn't say, "you can see the concluding part of this Wallander film next week, same time". It just ended suddenly and that was it! I'm used to all the Wallander films being concluded in 90 mins, so this was a surprise. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Digiguide BBC4 are showing The Pyramid(Pyramiden) on Sat 12th November. This is the final Lassgard Wallander film. I'm hoping beyond hope they have this wrong. Do I have to explain myself further?????
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiotimes are saying the same thing. Damn and ****lestones:mad::mad::mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,517
    Forum Member
    I looked thus morning at BBC i player and according to the schedule there was an episode last night. However it is not possible to get this on i player as it comes up with a message saying it will be shown on November 4th. The Saturday night programmes are normally available on Sunday morning. Am I missing something or are they deliberately showing the two episdes on i player on successive days?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    david1955 wrote: »
    I looked thus morning at BBC i player and according to the schedule there was an episode last night. However it is not possible to get this on i player as it comes up with a message saying it will be shown on November 4th. The Saturday night programmes are normally available on Sunday morning. Am I missing something or are they deliberately showing the two episdes on i player on successive days?

That is strange. The way it reads on the iPlayer info it will only be available after the Thursday night repeat(Friday morning actually). That has to be a mistake surely?

Maybe they are having problems and the coming soon bit is correct. The other info is wrong???