Rolf Lassgard Wallander

Comments

• CreamPuffCreamPuff Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    Just to add, this episode is showing a very unpretty side of Sweden, not one for the Tourist Board posters!
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    CreamPuff wrote: »
    Just to add, this episode is showing a very unpretty side of Sweden, not one for the Tourist Board posters!

I'm certainly never visiting there!
  • gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,611
    Forum Member
    Wasn't this shown last year? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    The lad playing the killer was truly excellent.

wonder why there are double credits (two names ) for each main character? It may be something obvious that I am missing
  • BosoxBosox Posts: 14,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ellajones wrote: »
    wonder why there are double credits (two names ) for each main character? It may be something obvious that I am missing

That confused me as well, would love to know the answer if anyone knows.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Bosox wrote: »
    That confused me as well, would love to know the answer if anyone knows.

The BBC has sourced these early Wallanders from Germany. German broadcasters usually dub foreign imports - they don't use subs. So the voiceover actors get a credit, as well as the onscreen actors.
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It appeared to be a German version of the film - at the start, the credits were all in German. So I imagine the second name was the German dubbing actor.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    The BBC has sourced these early Wallanders from Germany. German broadcasters usually dub foreign imports - they don't use subs. So the voiceover actors get a credit, as well as the onscreen actors.
    Elanor wrote: »
    It appeared to be a German version of the film - at the start, the credits were all in German. So I imagine the second name was the German dubbing actor.

Ah, that makes sense as the second name is in smaller writing....and the credits are in German, I think. Not good on languages but "Ausfuhrender Produzent" should have given the game away...

Thanks, both!
  • ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the Lassgard Wallanders. Krister Henriksson is lovely, but I just thing Lassgard is more Wallandery - he's far more shambolic and useless and scruffy than Henriksson. I really like the production on the Henriksson ones, and the minor characters are better I think (people like Ebba, or Svartman, or Nyberg are more like individual characters) but I think Lassgard is better cast. I love Sidetracked too, that was properly grim!
  • scotchscotch Posts: 10,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picture quality bad.
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we getting any new ones. Us continental lovers need our fix!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Can anyone tell me what the music is that the birdwatcher is listening to in 'The Fifth Woman' episode 1 around 15 mins in?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Man Who Smiled on the week after next. Rolf stars again and it's a repeat. The RT has a picture of Krister as usual. It must be quite confusing for the peeps who compile the listings - so many Wallanders.:D:D
    http://www.radiotimes.com/episode/hs6nv/wallander-the-man-who-smiled
    Forum Member
    I wish they would mark these properly as the repeats they are. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    I wish they would mark these properly as the repeats they are. :(

I understand what you mean. RT has them as repeats but no ''R'' on the Sky EPG or Freeview EPG.

The three unaired Wallander films to look out for are:-
    Faceless Killers
    Dogs of Riga
    White Lioness.
    Forum Member
    Not marked as repeats in my copy of RT? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not marked as repeats in my copy of RT? :confused:

Sorry. I meant online RT. Since I linked to it I took it as read. Brain fade on my part there.:o
    Forum Member
    Ah! I think I should share the blame for that one. Sorry too. Now if only I could use a marker pen on the online copy of RT.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah! I think I should share the blame for that one. Sorry too. Now if only I could use a marker pen on the online copy of RT.

LOL

I love the smell of marker pen in the morning.:D:D

I think sniffing the pink highlighter all these years has contributed to my brain fade.:o

My cat runs a mile when he hears the ''pop'' of the lid.
    Forum Member
    Tuesday is the only day of the week I fret while I wait for the posty to come.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tuesday is the only day of the week I fret while I wait for the posty to come.

Satellite & TV Week for me on a Tuesday. I married the postie so no fretting for me. She's ultra dependable - ''Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays this courier from the swift completion of her appointed rounds''.;)
    Forum Member
    My posty is an old short's wearing hippy with a lovely cocker spaniel so not my type.
  • babspankybabspanky Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I understand what you mean. RT has them as repeats but no ''R'' on the Sky EPG or Freeview EPG.

The three unaired Wallander films to look out for are:-
    Faceless Killers
    Dogs of Riga
    White Lioness.

Thanks for that. I was disappointed when I realised I'd seen the first two that were shown
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are we getting any new ones. Us continental lovers need our fix!

Do you mean new Rolfs or New Kristers???

I think BBC4 has the rights to the 3rd and final season of Krister
  • Sideburns57Sideburns57 Posts: 2,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New full stop, i.e. any episode not previously aired.