Options

Scrubs: E4 advert admitting defeat.

koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
Just seen the E4 advert for the end of Scrubs.

It's good to see a channel admit that a show isn't as good as it could have been.

They made up a rhyme about Scrubs flatlining and Turk not being as good as if he is with JD.

It would be nice if all channels did this.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    E4 have treated this whole series like crap on their shoe.

They are glad to be getting rid of it.

I think this series has been great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'm the only one, but I have loved this series more than the others. I've loved all the new characters and the storylines and even the new girl 'JD'. I've not missed Carla and have loved seeing Kelso pop up randomly. BTW Turk's still amazing in this compared to his performance in 'Skyline'. God, he was awful in that.
  • Options
    Weigh-ManWeigh-Man Posts: 2,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed this series as well, it started off slow but I really liked the new characters by the end of it, shame they didn't give it more of a chance.
  • Options
    purpletoonlinkpurpletoonlink Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    It was a fun little experiment, season 9. There's no way it could have survived a full season though - we should thank ABC for giving Scrubs so many lifelines, they've been so good to it. Season 8 wouldn't have happened without the move to ABC, and it was a great improvement in quality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tbh its not been that bad and i have enjoyed it.

It was a fun little experiment, season 9. There's no way it could have survived a full season though - we should thank ABC for giving Scrubs so many lifelines, they've been so good to it. Season 8 wouldn't have happened without the move to ABC, and it was a great improvement in quality.

i agree, for once a network gave a show some respect
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    Just to say... I've enjoyed it too. specially that Aussy bird with the big...... erm... where was I?:o:p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just to say... I've enjoyed it too. specially that Aussy bird with the big...... erm... where was I?:o:p:D

indeed its great seeing pepper from neighbours back on our screens
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I seem to be in the minority here. I thought that the new cast had great potential and was looking forward to seeing more of them.

If I can live dangerously for a moment - I also think that I would have been better without JD in it, as this tied it too much into the old series.

Now don't get me wrong - I loved Scrubs and JD was great in it but this was a whole new thing and they deserved the opportunity to develop their own style. Which I believe was happening by the end.

Oh,well. It's back to the heavilly edited re-runs of Fraiser instead then.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    BenRielly wrote: »
    I seem to be in the minority here. I thought that the new cast had great potential and was looking forward to seeing more of them.

If I can live dangerously for a moment - I also think that I would have been better without JD in it, as this tied it too much into the old series.

Now don't get me wrong - I loved Scrubs and JD was great in it but this was a whole new thing and they deserved the opportunity to develop their own style. Which I believe was happening by the end.

I agree entirely. The new cast should have been given more of a chance to stand on their own two feet. I too really like them. I'm gutted for Pepper out of Neighbours. The more she is on screen, the better.
  • Options
    NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Final ever episode this Monday (the 27th) at 9pm if you didn't already know.
  • Options
    carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,714
    Forum Member
    indeed its great seeing pepper from neighbours back on our screens
    Is that who it is? I didn't realise! Boy do I feel silly now :o
  • Options
    garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    E4 do this with most shows, not just they think Scrubs is shit, even though it is.
  • Options
    NetizenNetizen Posts: 5,041
    Forum Member
    To be fair, is the final season of any long running sitcom anything other than a bit disappointing? My main problem with season 9 was that they didn't continue with JD's interns at SH, they'd started to become good replacements.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    No wonder. That new season is poorly written, the characters act differently to previous seasons. One of those shows which jumped the shark.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Personally I havent really enjoyed this series.

At the beginning JD was even more needy than normal and just came accross as pathetic.

Plus one of the new couples was blantetly being pushed forward as the new Dr Cox & Jordan. It's a shame when they try to copy the old characters.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    I agree entirely. The new cast should have been given more of a chance to stand on their own two feet. I too really like them. I'm gutted for Pepper out of Neighbours. The more she is on screen, the better.

Phew !! I have to agree :D
  • Options
    Arthur CucumberArthur Cucumber Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    I really liked new Scrubs. The only weak link was the new main lead girl/new JD/whatever you want to call her. Obviously having a poor lead is a major flaw, but it was something that could be addressed.

And Pepper from Neighbours was in it. What's not to like?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    Final ever episode this Monday (the 27th) at 9pm if you didn't already know.

Looking forward to it. Hope it's a good end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The finale was very understated, well it just seemed like a normal episode. It had no closure to it, but I think that is to be expected as they rolled out a proper final episode for the end of season 8, which was brilliant and perfect for the show. So I don't think they could do that again.

I will miss the new characters, though, I loved all of them (more than the old ones) and if the series didn't have the Scrubs name I think they could have gotten a second series out of it.
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    Did they wrap up Cole's cancer storyline?