Amy Pond - Warrior?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Baby Melody missing, Abandoned by the doctor! I wonder if throughout the second half of the series if Amy is going to do a bit of a Sarah Connor and become an aggressive, militant warrior in her bid to find Melody. I could then well be her who teaches River how to be a fighter whilst she is growing up (considering how the doctor disapproves of guns and Amy was able to point one at river without a momnets thought). This could be why Amy was so uncharacteristically passive throughout AGMGTW. This could have been to make a possible upcoming change in her character look more dramatic.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I could see that happening- We did hear that 'Cracks' were going to appear in Amy's cool fascade. But i actually feel uncomfortable about the gung ho River Song- doesnt it suggest that the coatlition succeeded, that she is a weapon? A bit of shooting once in a while is grand, but a violent character in DW aint sticking to its brief... Bad enough The Doctor's killing Cybermen 'Just to prove a point'
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and why was river song in a PRISON in the "first" place?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jenzie wrote: »
    and why was river song in a PRISON in the "first" place?

because she killed a man, the best man she ever knew, but we've not seen this happen yet, so we don't know who that man is, though we could certain guess.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    because she killed a man, the best man she ever knew, but we've not seen this happen yet, so we don't know who that man is, though we could certain guess.

Would they really go through with killing off a companion now though? This isn't the 1980's with Eric Saward's insatiable blood lust. I think Rory's safe.

Maybe she kills Hitler. :p
  • TimCypherTimCypher Posts: 9,052
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    I think Rory's safe

Possibly not...River seemed overcome when she saw him outside the Storm Cage, as if it was the first time she'd met him.

And, if River is seeing Rory for the first time, then that means....;)

Regards,

Cypher
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Would they really go through with killing off a companion now though? This isn't the 1980's with Eric Saward's insatiable blood lust. I think Rory's safe.

Maybe she kills Hitler. :p

That's a scary thought...Hitler's the best man River's ever known? :eek:

I don't know why she can't kill Rory either...every other beggar can.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TimCypher wrote: »
    Possibly not...River seemed overcome when she saw him outside the Storm Cage, as if it was the first time she'd met him.

And, if River is seeing Rory for the first time, then that means....;)

Regards,

Cypher

I dunno. Be interesting if they do it, because if killing off Ianto caused a shitestorm, I'd imagine they'd get a fair amount of hatemail for it.