Options

Responsibility for road?

AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,364
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What organisation has responsibility for the roundabout part of a motorway junction? Since it's part of the junction it could be the Highways Agency but they are not normally part of the motorway so could it be the local authority?

Specifically I'd like to try again to get the lines repainted at J11 of the M40 and I got no response from the LA.

Comments

• Options
    Jim_McIntoshJim_McIntosh Posts: 5,866
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    What organisation has responsibility for the roundabout part of a motorway junction? Since it's part of the junction it could be the Highways Agency but they are not normally part of the motorway so could it be the local authority?

Specifically I'd like to try again to get the lines repainted at J11 of the M40 and I got no response from the LA.

I'd contact your MP if I were you (primarily because I've never tried that before).

Wiki says it's a combination of local authorities and Highways England. https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/highways-england
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd contact your MP if I were you (primarily because I've never tried that before).
    Not a bad idea but unfortunately that roundabout is just outside our constituency. It's worth a punt though because I know she's familiar with the road and should know how many of her constituents have to use that on a daily basis.
  • Options
    TerraCanisTerraCanis Posts: 14,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have thought that the roundabout itself is part of the A422 and that HA responsibility commences on the exits / slip roads.

Would it be worth getting in touch with the local press?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah ha. I've just been looking through the list of reports and apparently new lines have been ordered for completion by end of summer 2015. 'bout bloody time - I first reported it over a year ago.

http://fixmystreet.oxfordshire.gov.uk/report/605798

But it's Oxfordshire County Council so I'm not going to hold my breath. I used to live under their remit :-/
    TerraCanis wrote: »
    I would have thought that the roundabout itself is part of the A422 and that HA responsibility commences on the exits / slip roads.
    Yup, you're right. I thought it probably was but the lack of response to my report of a year ago made me uncertain.
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The local authority is responsible for advising Amey / Bear etc - at least in Scotland they are!