Options

People from the past

gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
Forum Member
✭✭✭
just been thinking how you meet people, become friends and then never see them again...you move away, they move away, fall out .....

An example being my best friend from school.. The two wives had an argument on holiday in 2002.... I haven't seen him since then. He now lives in Australia

Weird

Comments

• Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    Have you ever tried to reconnect with him? My best friend from school emigrated to Australia when she was 14. We met up again when we were 24 and had absolutely nothing in common, it was a bit sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you ever tried to reconnect with him? My best friend from school emigrated to Australia when she was 14. We met up again when we were 24 and had absolutely nothing in common, it was a bit sad.

I went around to his parents house last week...

They told me to leave things in the past and they would support him..

Just felt a bit sad this morning

A similar thing happened with another friend as well... We fell out on several occasions , my ex seemed to be involved again but we made up..

We fell out the other year because I let him down over a night out because my boys were here unexpectedly

They came first, he couldn't see it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went around to his parents house last week...

They told me to leave things in the past and they would support him..

Just felt a bit sad this morning
    But if it was the wives that fell out, and not you two, perhaps you should try to contact him, it's not really anything to do with his parents is it? Is he on Facebook?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But if it was the wives that fell out, and not you two, perhaps you should try to contact him, it's not really anything to do with his parents is it? Is he on Facebook?

After the fall out he rang me up and said we should leave it...

I had told my wife about an infidelity of his

My ex was about to blow it and he knew it, he went for my wife in the airport car park
  • Options
    Forum Member

My ex was about to blow it and he knew it, he went for my wife in the airport car park
    His infidelity? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His infidelity? :o

Yes, I told my ex previously

She then tried to use that in an argument and tell his wife in front of all of the kids..

It was horrendous, he really did attempt to shut her up in panic
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She then tried to use that in an argument and tell his wife in front of all of the kids..

Is he still married to his then wife? Sorry, for being nosy. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he still married to his then wife? Sorry, for being nosy. :p

I'm assuming so I found her on FB
  • Options
    Forum Member

Oh dear. That must have been awful. Probably best to leave it be, after all this time, especially if they're still together.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. That must have been awful. Probably best to leave it be, after all this time, especially if they're still together.

I will leave it, I was just thinking before about things ..

She crossed a few people to be honest .. It was just the way she was, don't get me wrong I'm not depressed or anything , plenty of friends and great kids...

But being a single dad is a bit lonely sometimes and I'm finding it hard to trust anyone..

Hey ho as annoying phrases go
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm assuming so I found her on FB

I would be nice if you could become friends again, but I have a feeling that he might want to forget about his past over here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be nice if you could become friends again, but I have a feeling that he might want to forget about his past over here.

I think so as well

All of these people are in the past for a reason, maybe thinking about it all drags you down
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You're not surprised are you?
    Whatever he did your ex was hell bent on wrecking a marriage.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're not surprised are you?
    Whatever he did your ex was hell bent on wrecking a marriage.

She was .... I totally agree
  • Options
    SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've found that after a long time apart from friends you forget the reasons you grew apart and after a short time it becomes obvious, Move onwards never look back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I've found that after a long time apart from friends you forget the reasons you grew apart and after a short time it becomes obvious, Move onwards never look back.

Sometimes you think about people and past events though
  • Options
    miss_astridmiss_astrid Posts: 1,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to think about past friends often, I guess I still sometimes do. Have looked a few up on Facebook, another few aren't on there. Thing is, I live the other side of the country now to where my past friends are (most of them are still in the town I grew up in), so it seems a bit pointless trying to reconnect with them since I doubt I'll ever actually meet them in person. And the other thing is - do they even still remember our friendship? If so, why haven't they tried to reach out and reconnect? ...this is why I try not to think about it.

So I tend to leave stuff in the past.
  • Options
    Musicman103Musicman103 Posts: 2,238
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is why accepting friend requests on Facebook from your school chums is a waste of time. I also find that when you move away from an area or a job and then return for a visit, people have lost interest in you. You are no longer in their 'circle'
  • Options
    Eater SundaeEater Sundae Posts: 10,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I often think about old friends and wonder how they are doing. Some I was very good friends with, but we drifted apart as we moved for jobs or concentrated on new relationships etc. There were no fall outs. However, I don't intend to contact them , as I don't expect to carry on where we left off.