Options

Sam - Eastenders-Spoilers in DS Main(no tags)dont click if you havent read them!

buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
Forum Member
✭✭✭
hi

Sam is going to put the baby p for adoption - if the father is present and able to take care of the child, does he have any rights to stop this and look after the child?

I was just wondering as never been in this situation before, but it seems to me that the baby is as much the dads as it is the mums, and if the mum doesnt want the baby, then surely the dad should be able to say if they do

Comments

• Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    buffyslay wrote: »
    hi

Sam is going to put the baby p for adoption - if the father is present and able to take care of the child, does he have any rights to stop this and look after the child?

I was just wondering as never been in this situation before, but it seems to me that the baby is as much the dads as it is the mums, and if the mum doesnt want the baby, then surely the dad should be able to say if they do

Depends, she could say none of them was the dad, and give it up, she's the only birth parent present.
  • Options
    buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shes already said that Ricky is, and aparantly that Jack is? i know this isnt real life... but... if i was a) a man and b) a possible father, i would HAVE to have a DNA done....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    shes already said that Ricky is, and aparantly that Jack is? i know this isnt real life... but... if i was a) a man and b) a possible father, i would HAVE to have a DNA done....

Again, they have no right to force her to do so. It's their word against hers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,890
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But presumably the dad could adopt the child which would relieve the mother of all rights?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sleepydove wrote: »
    But presumably the dad could adopt the child which would relieve the mother of all rights?

If they wanted too, but if Sam refuses them a DNA test, then they'd have to guess which one is the Dad.
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    If they wanted too, but if Sam refuses them a DNA test, then they'd have to guess which one is the Dad.

Couldn't they get a court order or something. Surely the father has a right to know he is the father and a right to have the baby if he wants it and can look after it properly.

If Sam is still in prison it would be logical for the father to have the baby. Steve got Amy when Tracey went to prison in Corrie.
  • Options
    yourfabulousyourfabulous Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the potential fathers would be entitled to a dna especially if they took it to the courts.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What I find the most :rolleyes: about these storylines is why the 'possible daddies' just take 'mummies' word for it that they are the only two in the frame... So in this case Ricky knows Sam slept with Jack behind his back, Jack knew she was engaged to Ricky when he slept with her, so both know she wasn't too strict on fidelity yet neither question the fact that they would be the only two in the frame :confused:
  • Options
    SandraMcSandraMc Posts: 416
    Forum Member
    I reckon Archie is the dad, he slept with everyone else!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thumbolina wrote: »
    Couldn't they get a court order or something. Surely the father has a right to know he is the father and a right to have the baby if he wants it and can look after it properly.

If Sam is still in prison it would be logical for the father to have the baby. Steve got Amy when Tracey went to prison in Corrie.

Assuming they were, and Sam isn't just lying saying they are.
    the potential fathers would be entitled to a dna especially if they took it to the courts.

They're only entitled if they took it to court, not otherwise.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I think the father's Minty. She probably slept with him while he was hiding her.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SandraMc wrote: »
    I reckon Archie is the dad, he slept with everyone else!

He was firing blanks, but this is EE so you never know!
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    hi

That happened in EE before, with Sonya and Martin's little girl, Rebecca.

I think the father can apply for adoption. Atm, we are not sure who the father is though Sam obviously thinks it is Ricky. Ricky would be the best bet of course and, after her initial outrage, Bianca would welcome the child into the family. I think Jack has a more complicated history, having a child with his fiancee's sister as well as his other, disabled, daughter whom he rarely sees..

I wonder if Sam will actually go through with the adoption - I suppose it leaves the door open for her to come back again, with reference to the child, at a later date. If she loses her mother she may well feel she is not in an emotionally fit state to look after a baby.

Interesting storyline.
  • Options
    The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what i read, i doubt the father is around anymore
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    From what i read, i doubt the father is around anymore

:eek: Bradley?! ;):D

:o Sorry :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :eek: Bradley?! ;):D

:o Sorry :o

Well what i read was
    Ricky and Jack are relieved when they see the baby

Which to me, reads as
    Ricky and Jack are relieved when they see that the baby is black

so the baby's father is obviously
    Lucas
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it matters in the end because I think the baby will die in the fire with Peggy. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

so the baby's father is obviously
    Lucas

When did Sam have anything to do with him :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sleepydove wrote: »
    When did Sam have anything to do with him :confused:

Could have been offscreen

Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me at all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's unlikely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    There's a picture in Inside Soap of the baby and it's white
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a picture in Inside Soap of the baby and it's white
    Then what's wrong with it to make Ricky and Jack stop thinking it's theirs?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I don't know. All it says is they both dote on the baby.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    its ginger
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its ginger

So was Stacey's at first lol maybe they trying something.