Options

Ipod Touch White Screen problem

Melanie858Melanie858 Posts: 3,483
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My ipod touch 1st generation has a problem. Suddenly it is permanently on a white screen. I can press the power button and the menu button to switch between off and white screen but I can't do anything else. I can't access any features. Earlier it was playing music and then I couldn't do anything else except playing music and then it went to a white screen. I could still hear the music, but now that album has finished then there is nothing at all I can do with it. I can't power off, because it doesn't work when I press and hold the power off button.

When I plug the charger in it doesn't charge. When I plug it in my computer however it does still show up all the music etc on iTunes.

It is 9 months old so if it is a serous problem I am within warantee still at least from John Lewis.

Edit: I just decided to do a restore and it seems to have fixed the problem. Does anyone know if this is a common problem which is likely to happen? The number of times already I've had to restore this ipod Touch is a lot, and it gets annoying especially as my hard disk on my laptop can't cope with keeping all my music on it anymore as backup.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,389
    Forum Member
    Consider an external hard drive, I just got a Western Digital 160GB Portable one (meaning on power is needed, it just drains it from USB).

£41.99 it was. I consider that good value. Bought it from Amazon, you might find it cheaper elsewhere, but if you do, don't tell me!