O2 Simplicity for BlackBerry- price differences online/instore?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
Forum Member
Hello :)

I had been intending to buy a Blackberry Curve and getting it unlocked and putting my own SIM card in due to several reasons as I wanted to keep my own number as I am currently on O2 Pay and Go.

On the website the Simplicity for BlackBerry 12 month contract for 300 minutes, unlimited texts and inclusive BlackBerry service for £10 or £15 for a 30 day rolling contract. http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/12_months

Anyway I'm one of those silly people who is scared of buying things online and I went instore and I was informed by the member of staff I spoke to that it was not £10 but was actually £17.50, an extra £7.50 for the BlackBerry unlimited bolt on. I told her what I had seen on the website and she denied it and claimed not know anything about it and said if I had seen it online at that price that it was probably an online deal only.

So I guess the purpose of this post is if anyone knows if I can buy the Simplicity for BlackBerry contract at the price stated on the website from the O2 shop itself?

Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    On that link you posted, it mentions the online £7.50 discount. So I guess you would need to do it on-line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    OK thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep it's an online thing, don't be to worried about buying online though, 02 is going to be a safe website so I wouldn't worry to much about handing your bank details etc over the net to them

We have a lot of things like this where I work as well
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Thank you. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,503
    Forum Member
    I would get the person in the shop to recheck it. This is not an online only tariff. O2 are doing a special offer on Blackberry bolt-ons.