Forum Member
FINALLY!

Offical launch trailer here.

So excited about this one! :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Your'e costing me a fortune with all these game recommendations m8 lol but Yeah i'm having this one :)

Some of the XBLA games are better than disc based games and this one looks really good :)

I must admit you've changed the type of games I play. Bad influence rnt cha as well as getting me moaned at from the mrs for spending a fortune on arcade games lmao
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Yeah nice one, next time the missus has a go at you just blame it on me. :D

I forgot to mention this game will retail for the higher price of 1600 MSP I believe.

Here's some of the most recent footage shown at this year's PAX East, including developer interviews. It offers some really good info on the game for anyone not sure what it's all about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMKhZTPWmBI
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMyJUptofT0
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does look tempting but personally I have a couple of issues with it - resource management and sandbox. I just can't play these sorts of games! :cry::cry:

(Seriously - stats and no hand-holding...I'm hopeless. :o)
  • logansdadlogansdad Posts: 1,068
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had no idea XBLA even had these type of games! I thought it was all platformers and such.
    Forum Member
    logansdad wrote: »
    I had no idea XBLA even had these type of games! I thought it was all platformers and such.

XBLA plays host to pretty much every genre you could think of but State of Decay is certainly an oddball in the sense that it has high production values and could easily pass as a full price release. I believe it will sell for 1600 MSP so it's twice as expensive as most XBLA games.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    XBLA plays host to pretty much every genre you could think of but State of Decay is certainly an oddball in the sense that it has high production values and could easily pass as a full price release. I believe it will sell for 1600 MSP so it's twice as expensive as most XBLA games.

Whats 1600 MSP in real money? My XBox is well old and is on it's last legs, i'm a bit wary about downloading a game that size.. might tip my xbox over the edge!!:)
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's about £13 quid give or take
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kendoguk wrote: »
    It's about £13 quid give or take

£13! That's really cheap! Might give it a punt then, cheers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    looking forward to getting this game.....thanks to Shmup for the heads up :)
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    This was one of my most anticipated titles last year as it sounded like a 'true' survival zombie game, but the features that have been taken out as time has gone by as put me off a little, such as co-op for example. I’ve also not been very impressed with some of the game play footage on show (hand to hand combat looks poor to me and zombies can bite you without effect) Regardless of this I am still looking forward to this game and I hope it is very successful.
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    This was one of my most anticipated titles last year as it sounded like a 'true' survival zombie game, but the features that have been taken out as time has gone by as put me off a little, such as co-op for example. I’ve also not been very impressed with some of the game play footage on show (hand to hand combat looks poor to me and zombies can bite you without effect) Regardless of this I am still looking forward to this game and I hope it is very successful.

From what I read they haven't abandoned the idea of co-op and will still try to add that at a later date but with no promises. Characters level up and unlock new moves for CQC as they get better at it and some characters have exclusive melee abilities. It does look a little rough I agree but the animation has definitely improved from the footage that was going about a few months ago.

I noticed you appear to take quite a bit of punishment too but the flipside is once they're dead they're lost forever along with their talent. They have stressed that combat in SoD is more last resort but that didn't stop them adding 100 different guns and 40 types of melee weapons lol.

For me what I find so fascinating about the game is the fact all buildings are enterable (aside from mobiles as there were camera issues) to scavenge and do as you please, move base etc, and the fact the game world has limited resources, so screw your car up it stays that way unless you can find a mechanic and the parts to repair it, food won't last which is why you want to grow your own crops. I also love the idea of other potential hostile groups that you can either choose to befriend or fight, the whole group trust mechanic is something that made The Walking Dead so compelling. It's so ambitious, I just hope it lives up to the hype.
    Forum Member
    Not long to go now guys, I see the trailer has reached the Xbox dash, I'm guessing we are still on track for this Wednesday, so hyped for this game!

Got some new footage from Twitch TV broadcast by Undead Labs.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

They're not long vids, only a few minutes a piece but well worth watching. :)
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone know how varied the missions are or is it a case of go there, kill that zombie horde, collect this or that item and bring it back etc etc.

Looks like my kind of game but one thing I hate with games is it being overly repetative and not fun to play the missions.

Also I take it this is going to be between 1200 - 1600MSP?
    Forum Member
    The game is really set up in a way to enable you to play it your own way. There are missions but they are varied but nothing like in Dead Island which requires you to do the same fetch quests over and over. As far as I'm aware the game doens't force to partake in the missions, but most of things your crew needs and improve parts for the base, food, etc medicine to to heal incapacitate players. Yhe gameworld changes as you play it, Zombies group up in abandoned buildings, multiply and effectively live their own lives *deaths* while you play the game. Almost nothing is scripted.

Another great preview video Part 1 courtesy of Polygon. Part 2

First impressions from all manages have been very promising, it's a game trying to do something different and while it's being compared to The Last of Us it fails in the graphics presentation department, butboth games tryong to be something quite different and have their own strengths. This is still a nice looking game running on Crytek 3 engine but suffers some slowdown/tearing in places. But it is fully open world has a dynamic day/night cycle and advanced AI simulation. A lot of thins woudln't have to of been remooved if they wanted truly spotlighted visuals.
  • sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ thanks 2D. Is it still due out this coming week?
    Forum Member
    It's still expected this coming Wednesday! 1600 MSP (£13.60). Could of easily been a full price title.
    Forum Member
    Just thought I'd mention the date is not set in stone, so it might slip, I think the chances are very slim but it could happen. Everyone's got review copies and the embargo is Wednesday when the game is due to release.
  • seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never bother with arcade games but think I may have to get this one, I hope they do a free trial
    Forum Member
    There has to be a trial, unless this ends up on Games on Demand but I'm pretty sure it's XBLA.

What's to try though? This is a MUST BUY.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was excited by this then I watched that preview video, if you die you are pushed back to the start, really?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be a trial, unless this ends up on Games on Demand but I'm pretty sure it's XBLA.

What's to try though? This is a MUST BUY.

I think your right, shame about no co-op
    Forum Member
    I was excited by this then I watched that preview video, if you die you are pushed back to the start, really?

If you die you lose that character forever, permadeath, no re-tries. You have to therefore tread very carefully, if you die you have to option to use another one out of your available tribe, which depends on who you have befriended (only with high trust level are other characters playable). Each character has their own unique traits, so one might be good at cooking (keep at the base to cook for everyone), another might be an athlete so can run faster/further (good for scouting), one might be good at mechanics (great for car repairs) another might be great at shooting and so on and so forth..

What's not to like!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just watched the video demo on the xbox. Realy cant wait now. Now I'm going to to spend money when im supposed to be saving I'm just going to blame 2D when the wife asks. ;)
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    June 5th release confirmed on Undead Labs website..
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,455
    Forum Member
    1600 MSP!!? overpriced - shame :(

Will wait for it to be on DOTW.