Heavy Metal/ Hard Rock

Comments

• ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member

Ozzy Osbourne has slammed the Daily Mail for taking his quotes about the 9/11 atrocity out of context.

The Black Sabbath frontman is furious that the notorious tabloid made him sound disrespectful to the victims of the New York terrorist attack in 2001, which took place while he was in the city.

The Mail reported him as saying: “I wasn’t scared, I was excited – it was my kind of craziness.” But in the Shortlist interview where the quote originally appeared, it’s seen to refer to his feelings the day after the tragedy as he felt like he was alone in the city.

Ozzy says in a statement: “I never spoke to the Mail. Several quotes were pulled from another interview and were taken out of context.

“I apologise to anyone who may see these quotes and believe this is actually how I feel. Please know that I would never want to offend or hurt anyone.

“You would think that, at my age, I would finally realise that any conversation with a journalist can be twisted, reprinted and made into another story. It’s another life lesson learned.”

The veteran frontman adds that he attempted to have the story removed from the Mail’s website, but editors refused his request. “Now it’s been picked up worldwide because of the sensational slant the Mail put on the story,” he says.

http://metalhammer.teamrock.com/news/2014-10-10/black-sabbath-ozzy-osbourne-9-11
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ah Daily Mail. I should have known they would be lurking behind reporting of what he said.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hiatus over, Trucker Diablo are back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5jIr_bA9xo

The big truck is rolling again :D
    Forum Member
    Hiatus over, Trucker Diablo are back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5jIr_bA9xo

The big truck is rolling again :D

Music's great, especially that bass - ruined by ludicrous lyrics. Did they get them from some sort of 'random rawk lyric generator'?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Foos and Zac Brown covering War Pigs on Letterman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv5ekzTubwU&feature=youtu.be

Just kicking so much ass :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Music's great, especially that bass - ruined by ludicrous lyrics. Did they get them from some sort of 'random rawk lyric generator'?

Sorry, can't take anyone seriously who uses that
    Forum Member
    Sorry, can't take anyone seriously who uses that

Isn't it obvious that I was using it ironically? The lyrics are very cliched.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ironic or not, I hate the use of 'rawk'. Makes the person using it look a bit of a douche.
    Forum Member
    Ironic or not, I hate the use of 'rawk'. Makes the person using it look a bit of a douche.

I guess I'm a douche then. You have cut me to the quick, oh stranger on the internet :kitty:
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am seriously looking forward to buying the new Slipknot album tomorrow, anyone else here going to be buying ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listened to some Slipknot once. My ears bled. Didn't like it at all.
    Forum Member
    Tickets bought for Amon Amarth in January. Today is a good day :)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,108
    Forum Member
    I am seriously looking forward to buying the new Slipknot album tomorrow, anyone else here going to be buying ?

I'm definitely going to be buying it.
    Will have to wait a bit longer though since there's no music store in my town anymore *sniff sniff*

I'm looking forward to it since I like 'The Devil In I', plus it's the first time they've had a line-up change between albums, though I'm not sure how noticeable it will be with so many members anyway.
    Joey's signature drums will be missed but I'm not sure how much of the album he is on.
  • dodger0703dodger0703 Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I got it, really enjoying it, favourites up to now XIX, The Devil In I and Custer
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I listened to some Slipknot once. My ears bled. Didn't like it at all.

They've never appealed to me either, although I love Corey Taylor's Stone Sour stuff. :)
  • AlyalAlyal Posts: 134
    Forum Member

I have not got it yet but what I have heard off it I love. The Devil in I is my favourite so far.

I bought my tickets to see them in Manchester too, can't wait!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard the new Alunah album yet? I'm having a listen now and loving it so far.
  • DaisyBumblerootDaisyBumbleroot Posts: 24,763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new DTP record "Z2" is a mixed bag for me. Sky Blue is too much like Epiclouds worst aspects but Dark Matters is fecking superb.
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone got the Royal Blood album? It's like cross between Qotsa and Jack White-well, you know if they were from Southern England- and it's pretty good.
  • Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone got the Royal Blood album? It's like cross between Qotsa and Jack White-well, you know if they were from Southern England- and it's pretty good.

It is brilliant. Looking forward to seeing them in Newport next March. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone heard the new Alunah album yet? I'm having a listen now and loving it so far.

Shall take that as a 'no'. No Doom fans on here?
  • gold2040gold2040 Posts: 3,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ACDCs drummer

Wow..
  • Fizzee RascalFizzee Rascal Posts: 1,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gold2040 wrote: »
    ACDCs drummer

Wow..

Yeah. Choosing to live in New Zealand :o

Reckon there'll be a jailbreak?
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    Got my ticket to see Diamond Head. Excellent stuff.
    I think this'll be my 5th or 6th time seeing them.

You know them, they are that Metallica rip-off band!
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    Got my ticket to see Diamond Head. Excellent stuff.
    I think this'll be my 5th or 6th time seeing them.

You know them, they are that Metallica rip-off band!

Where are you seeing them?

I've got tickets for Swansea next week, looking forward to it.

First time I will have seen them but been a fan since the days of 'Borrowed Time', just never got round to seeing them.

Also got tickets for Saxon in December, will be about the 25th time I've seen them and they get better every time.☺