Options

Argentinian Ambassador demands apology.

andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
Forum Member
Saw this today, Alicia Castro the Argentinian Ambassador to Britain is demanding an apology from the BBC and Top Gear producers for their insults to her country.
Well, when her country apologises for invading British sovereign territory then perhaps, just perhaps, we may apologise by saying it was just a joke - get a sense of humour. The cheek of the woman !j

Comments

• Options
    Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wholeheartedly agree .. cheeky moo
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well it was deliberate and provocative so no wonder she's annoyed. also it's not like the British haven't invaded countries themselves in the past.
  • Options
    wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do any of you have a clue what Argentina puts the Falkland Islands through on its crusade to continue to bully them?

I suggest you go do some reading beyond Heat magazine.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, they have 'insulted' just about every country on the map so she's going to have to put her name at the bottom of a very long list.

I think the Mexican ambassador is still awaiting his apology as well. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Do any of you have a clue what Argentina puts the Falkland Islands through on its crusade to continue to bully them?

I suggest you go do some reading beyond Heat magazine.

Who was that addressed to ? I'm certainly not defending Argentina As far as I'm concerned they just intend to stir up as much trouble as they can with the UK and use the Falkland Islands as an excuse. They should be told by the U.N. to butt out.
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't this thread be in general or politics? It's got nowt to do with showbiz.....has it? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well as it concerns Top Gear controversy I thought this was the right place for it to be.
    If you want it moved then ask a moderator to move it
  • Options
    sidsgirlsidsgirl Posts: 4,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Well as it concerns Top Gear controversy I thought this was the right place for it to be.
    If you want it moved then ask a moderator to move it

Fair enough. No, l don't want it moved particularly
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    well it was deliberate and provocative so no wonder she's annoyed. also it's not like the British haven't invaded countries themselves in the past.

So was their futile invasion in 1982.

Getting her knickers in a twisty over this is nothing more than shifting the spotlight from her own ineptitude.