what name should they have went with in your opinion

biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
Forum Member
XBOX 720
XBOX INFINITY
XBOX FUSION
XBOX

I would have just kept it simple with XBOX who cares if its the original machines name people are hardly gonna get confused LOL but xbox one
could this be setup then for future consoles to follow with the name
XBOX TWO

I think playstation had it lucky with the numbers thing you cant go wrong with 2,3,4,5,6

its probably why Nintendo wouldn't name the Wii U Wii2 it would seem like copying but WII U is a crap name

Comments

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care what the name is.
    As long as it plays cool games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    The Xbox Home Entertainment System.

As far as One goes: They named it that because it is exactly what I said above, a home entertainment system in One box. So I doubt it is a set up to go with a 'normal' numbering system down the line, though they could end up doing that.
  • deans6571deans6571 Posts: 6,137
    Forum Member
    The 'Xbox One' name is idiotic...!!!!

Yes - they gave it the 'One' monicker purely because it is various systems all crammed together in 'One' box, however, what are they gonna call the next version of the Xbox One - 'Xbox One 2'..??????
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    I immediately thought of the HTC One when they announced the name.

Should of been something a bit more unique. I guess the Xbox should be around longer than the phone though.
  • TracerTongTracerTong Posts: 3,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    X-BONE
    That's how I see that name as :D
  • BlizzardUKBlizzardUK Posts: 4,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just think they should have called it XBOX MK.III and then called all the others from then on a different mark. Not flashy or anything but saves having to think of a new name and it wouldn't confuse the customers.
  • IzakIzak Posts: 3,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One is a pretty stupid name to call the third in the series. I always refer to the original Xbox as the Xbox 1 and I'm sure a lot of other people do too.

They messed up when they called the Xbox 360. If they'd called it simply 'Xbox 2' then they wouldn't have any issues now.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't care what the name is...

I'm glad they didn't go with early choice "Xbox: Fart-belching Felch-machine" though...

:D
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    deans6571 wrote: »
    The 'Xbox One' name is idiotic...!!!!

Yes - they gave it the 'One' monicker purely because it is various systems all crammed together in 'One' box, however, what are they gonna call the next version of the Xbox One - 'Xbox One 2'..??????

By your reasoning they should have called this new console the Xbox 361 or the 'Xbox 360-2'.

Xbox one is fine. There was a lot of hilarity when Nintendo released the name for the 'Wii' but nobody cared after a while.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasn't peoples arguments for them not calling Xbox 360, Xbox 2 the fact that they'd look like they're behind the PS3?

So they then decide to call it Xbox One then Sony is on to PS4.