Options

The Big Holby City Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,962
    Forum Member
    I think the age difference is just about right. I reckon she will turn out to be his daughter OR she reminds him of a daughter that he lost. Just got this feeling Mona, but I may be wrong. We'll see. I thought last night was really good.

ive had my heart set on him still being in love with her lol :p will be gutted if it turns out she's his daughter even though she's leaving lol
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yes, I think so. Last night showed Hanssen's increasing patience of Sahira. The thing that confirmed it for me was when he was told he didn't know what it was like to have a child and his face said he did. Yep, I reckon where we've all been wondering whether they were going to be an item, it will be revealed she's his kid.

I know tv series play around a lot with actors'/characters' ages but Laila Rouass is less than 11 years younger than Guy Henry. I'd find her being his child very difficult to accept. It is possible that he's the father of her first child though (she does have two doesn't she?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I don't believe she's his daughter. He's not old enough IMO. I would say there's only a 10 year age difference there.
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    When Holby first came along, I'd rather hoped that we'd see patients arriving in Casualty, then be able to follow their progress in Holby City, with occasional crossover of staff between the two shows.

It doesn't seem to have panned out that way though, sadly.

Having watched the behind-the-scenes video for the Casualty fire this weekend and seeing how huge it is (explosions and everything!) I think it would be pretty insulting if it isn't mentioned in Holby City on Tuesday.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    ive had my heart set on him still being in love with her lol :p will be gutted if it turns out she's his daughter even though she's leaving lol

Yeah I know what you mean. I think it's been set up for us to believe he was infatuated with her. Last night also remember when she mentioned that her husband could be jealous and he said that banality didn't deserve an answer or something like that. Perhaps he found it repugnant that she could think that with being his daughter. I love his character and just caught a further glimpse of him suggesting that he's closer to her in a different way other than attraction. Maybe she's the daughter he never had which is why he pins such high hopes on here. I'm sticking with my gut instincts though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kittykat30 wrote: »
    I don't believe she's his daughter. He's not old enough IMO. I would say there's only a 10 year age difference there.

we don't know though Kitty. I would put him at about 50 and she at 30 or at least 35 and he could be mid 50s?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i think if she was the daughter he never had it would be a let down. its been built up to be something huge so its gotta be a real connection there surely? something they both know about
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know tv series play around a lot with actors'/characters' ages but Laila Rouass is less than 11 years younger than Guy Henry. I'd find her being his child very difficult to accept. It is possible that he's the father of her first child though (she does have two doesn't she?)

we see this quite often though don't we on different programmes and think there's no way that's a realistic age difference. Look at Old Mo in Eastenders. She's supposed to be Charlie's Motherinlaw!! They look the same age to me. Dunno guys, I could be wrong. If I am, maybe you're right, there is something in there that he's related somehow?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    we don't know though Kitty. I would put him at about 50 and she at 30 or at least 35 and he could be mid 50s?

Yes, we kind of do from the things they have said. He hasn't been in medicine 15 years or more than her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, we kind of do from the things they have said. He hasn't been in medicine 15 years or more than her.

Yeah, think there's been some explaination around she working with him and him being her mentor. He does wrap her up in cotton wool though so could be a number of reasons for that. Just thought that last night she talked to him really disrespectfully and she got away with it more than ever. My thoughts keep going back to the bird that he healed and finally let free. Sorry, got my philosophical head on. Maybe there's a message in the he and Jac thing as well that he was so besotted by his career and let the best thing go that happened to him partner/kid which may explain why he always reminds Sahira that work comes first.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no wonder i liked tonights ep - one of my fav writers from EE lauren klee wrote it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    no wonder i liked tonights ep - one of my fav writers from EE lauren klee wrote it!

It was brill. Better than last week's boring one. Good writers can turn their hand to any script/genre I suppose. Nite all - been a long day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was brill. Better than last week's boring one. Good writers can turn their hand to any script/genre I suppose. Nite all - been a long day.

never knew she wrote for holby :)
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The episode last night was a great one. First one for ages that I've actually been hooked watching. Usually I get a bit sidetracked and use the laptop or something. Loved it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    The episode last night was a great one. First one for ages that I've actually been hooked watching. Usually I get a bit sidetracked and use the laptop or something. Loved it.

lauren's eps are usually like that she's brilliant at keeping your attention :)

hansan is so jealous of sahira's husband!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My favourite episode so far this series has been Devil in the Detail. Martha Hillier wrote it and she also wrote China in Your Hands and Snow Queens which are my personal favourites from series 13. Still enjoyed last nights episode. I don't think Hanssen's in love with Sahira. He cares and respects her but I don't think it's love.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My favourite episode so far this series has been Devil in the Detail. Martha Hillier wrote it and she also wrote China in Your Hands and Snow Queens which are my personal favourites from series 13. Still enjoyed last nights episode. I don't think Hanssen's in love with Sahira. He cares and respects her but I don't think it's love.

what about all the looks then ? :confused:
  • Options
    amw_99amw_99 Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    I just love his insults to people, so funny and so well delivered.
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The counsellor woman looked familiar, she's been in the Bill [like so many actors that pass through Holby] but she was also in Holby back in 2008 in an episode that featured Chantelle as a school girl
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member

Laila Rouass is 40 and Guy Henry is 51 - Guy Henry has also said that it's unrequited love from Hanssen's side so I really do not believe Sahira is anything but "the one who got away".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Well. According to that fire fighter, the whole of the emergency department is destroyed. Half the ceiling collapsed, if this doesnt get a mention on holby next week then I don't know what I'll do, I was surprised sahira wasn't out there fighting the fire, considering her obsession with saving the day ;)
  • Options
    phill363phill363 Posts: 24,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

i can take or leave greg so im not really botherd
  • Options
    Dante AmecheDante Ameche Posts: 20,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. Haven't read the link, don't know why or care. For me he brought nothing to the show. If he just stopped appearing, it would be weeks or even months before I realised he wasn't there anymore.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good. Haven't read the link, don't know why or care. For me he brought nothing to the show. If he just stopped appearing, it would be weeks or even months before I realised he wasn't there anymore.

Agreed. I think he was cast as the 'good looking irish ladies man' but he has all the personality and charisma of a sponge
This discussion has been closed.