The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 32)

Comments

• LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fodg09 wrote: »
    An unpopular opinion I know but I think Glassheart would probably have a similar chart performance to Collide.

Obviously I'm only going on the clips from YouTube so I could be completely wrong (and would be happy to be proved so) but it sounds like a throwaway up tempo track to me - not the sort of material I think suits Leona or the sort of material that will get Leona back on the radio, particularly in the U.S

Presumably if the label thought it and Trouble were so good they would have just released the album last November rather than have to pay for Leona to go back into the studio?
    I totally agree. I dont think its a good idea to go with a dance song as her next single.Leona has got to play it safe and get a surefire hit and lovebirds or trouble is that hit.She needs to get that one hit and then she can take a risk and go with a dance song.
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    I totally agree. I dont think its a good idea to go with a dance song as her next single.Leona has got to play it safe and get a surefire hit and lovebirds or trouble is that hit.She needs to get that one hit and then she can take a risk and go with a dance song.

If they are gonna release it in June, I'd definitely go with dance track. Someone mentioned it would have similar chart success as Collide and I completely disagree. Glassheart is far more melodic and has a better structure not to mention the lyrics so it might not be as big as BL but I am pretty sure GH would be miles better than Collide in terms of chart performance and it would be a slow burner.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't describe 'Lovebirds' as a surefit hit, the song is nice but nothing special. It's just cute, reminds me of Love Letter and I don't think that would be the best way to launch the album.

I don't want Leona to play it safe, safe is boring. Need something unique that grabs people's attention with that extra oomph (Glassheart has that IMO), a dance song could give her the hit she needs.
    Anyways, hopefully the wait shouldn't be too long, one day closer to the album! :rolleyes: :)
  • SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if we don't have new single, then we atleast have the japanese duet! :D
  • CROATIACROATIA Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    And if we don't have new single, then we atleast have the japanese duet! :D

thats also 2 months away.....released in June I think :)!
    Dont know how we are going to survive 2 week of April left + full May :)!
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,245
    Forum Member
    I think that Lovebirds is something like Better In Time meets I Got You.It'd be great for the 2nd single.For the first single we need something fresh, unique something that grap your attention immediately like Bleeding Love did. And than Leona could release for example Lovebirds (Better In Time part II in term of chart success for me) ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CROATIA wrote: »
    thats also 2 months away.....released in June I think :)!
    Dont know how we are going to survive 2 week of April left + full May :)!

Yes I know, but atleast we'll get some new leona music :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I know, but atleast we'll get some new leona music :D

I cant wait that long :sleep:

I need 'Hanging all the roses' to leak.....probably it wont be included on Glassheart anyway

+ some of you are really funny....If Lovebirds and Glassheart are best songs from this new album she can take another year for recording because I need something better :sleep:
    j/k:cool: Im sure there are better songs already recorded and I think Lovebirds will not be released as a single...Glassheart maybe (but Im not sure)
    Forum Member

I need 'Hanging all the roses' to leak.....probably it wont be included on Glassheart anyway

+ some of you are really funny....If Lovebirds and Glassheart are best songs from this new album she can take another year for recording because I need something better :sleep:
    j/k:cool: Im sure there are better songs already recorded and I think Lovebirds will not be released as a single...Glassheart maybe (but Im not sure)

Nevermind just give us a Glassheart song and then whatever, I'll have something to survive the summer!
  • fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,245
    Forum Member

I hope we'll be able to hear that song. Produced by Dallas Austin ??? Should be great! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 questions:

-Does Leona believe in God etc.. ?
    -Do you think Leona would have been famous by now without x factor?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nevermind just give us a Glassheart song and then whatever, I'll have something to survive the summer!

European Football Championship, Olympic Games, college vacations.....:D
    I hope we'll be able to hear that song. Produced by Dallas Austin ??? Should be great! :)
    yeah......but probably he took that song when he ran away from JRecords :D
    2 questions:

1. i think so
    2. No :) /Leona or any other reality show star/
  • LeonagwenLeonagwen Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Youve gotta lower your expectations,face it shes never gonna have another bleeding love, is she capable of having another number one sure she is.When bleeding love came out she was riding the high from the xfactor win.She hasnt had a hit in 3 years so its not a guarantee that radio is gonna embrace her no matter how talented she is.Right now she just needs a radio hit any hit.It doesnt have to be number one.She needs a radio hit with longevity.
    Forum Member
    European Football Championship, Olympic Games, college vacations.....:D

Yeah, Olympics are only looking good to me. No vacation for me until I pass all the bloody exams :yawn:
  • Gobstopper13Gobstopper13 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been trying to reserve judgement about Glassheart being single worthy until I hear the studio version or see a high quality performance.

Glassheart along with Lovebirds I think are good songs but my initial feelings are that they are not what Leona needs to either establish herself as the best vocalist once again or gain a radio hit. I think people are starting to get tired of the whole dance/pop thing and this may be a good opportunity for Leona to break away from the pack and does what she does best-strong, lyric driven, soulful pop/rnb that appeals to the adult contemporary market.

I think it was good that Leona released a solid dance song that actually gained credibility (Billboard dance chart). However, there are so many artists going for that market now-Sia, Alexandra Burke, Jessie J (new carbon copy Guetta track), Nicki Minaj, Tulissa not to mention all the male artists.

Perhaps one of the advantages of the many many many delays to this album is that they've been alble to track changes in the music tastes and can avoid jumping on a band wagon that's about to break down.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leonagwen wrote: »
    Youve gotta lower your expectations,face it shes never gonna have another bleeding love, is she capable of having another number one sure she is.When bleeding love came out she was riding the high from the xfactor win.She hasnt had a hit in 3 years so its not a guarantee that radio is gonna embrace her no matter how talented she is.Right now she just needs a radio hit any hit.It doesnt have to be number one.She needs a radio hit with longevity.

Calm down....thats also what I want ...longevity ....good song with great vocals and melody !:) I would be happy with worldwide top20 hit .......I dont need another BL....I just dont want another tuneless song with weak melody and whispering parts where we can barely hear her (like Hurt, Collide )........

/I adore Collide remixes I just dont like single version :D /

@Iluzionista.....I know , 2 much pressure and stress during June !even Leona's music cant help me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think it was good that Leona released a solid dance song that actually gained credibility (Billboard dance chart). However, there are so many artists going for that market now-Sia, Alexandra Burke, Jessie J (new carbon copy Guetta track), Nicki Minaj, Tulissa not to mention all the male artists.

+ Saint Cheryl Cole is premiering her new song next Friday...Im sure its dance song.....

I agree with your full post :cool:
    Forum Member
    I've been trying to reserve judgement about Glassheart being single worthy until I hear the studio version or see a high quality performance.

Glassheart along with Lovebirds I think are good songs but my initial feelings are that they are not what Leona needs to either establish herself as the best vocalist once again or gain a radio hit. I think people are starting to get tired of the whole dance/pop thing and this may be a good opportunity for Leona to break away from the pack and does what she does best-strong, lyric driven, soulful pop/rnb that appeals to the adult contemporary market.

Perhaps one of the advantages of the many many many delays to this album is that they've been alble to track changes in the music tastes and can avoid jumping on a band wagon that's about to break down.

Yeah, I've seen people talking about dance band wagon breaking down since last September and it's still here. Good dance tracks are still getting a lot of radio play and attention overall. Glassheart in my opinion is unique track because it's dance but also has a lot of emotion and every time I listen to it I wanna listen to it one more time.

Also, Leona doesn't need to establish herself as good vocalist because people are aware of that. She is established in that area, but she needs relevant songs that could get radio play and with Glassheart I see a lot of radio play. It's very commercial track with a big producer behind it. I can't guarantee it but I can see it working extremely well in Europe, although I'm reserved about US market.

But anyway, she needs uptempo track if there's gonna be a new single in June. It just has to be uptempo.
  • poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've seen people talking about dance band wagon breaking down since last September and it's still here. Good dance tracks are still getting a lot of radio play and attention overall. Glassheart in my opinion is unique track because it's dance but also has a lot of emotion and every time I listen to it I wanna listen to it one more time.

Also, Leona doesn't need to establish herself as good vocalist because people are aware of that. She is established in that area, but she needs relevant songs that could get radio play and with Glassheart I see a lot of radio play. It's very commercial track with a big producer behind it. I can't guarantee it but I can see it working extremely well in Europe, although I'm reserved about US market.

Most people outside the UK don't know Leona anymore, so it is very important to introduce her again with her amazing voice.
    And people "only" think she is a great singer, but they don't put her into one league with Mariah, Whitney, Celine,.....
    That's why she needs another Run or Bleeding Love.
    Forum Member
    Fair enough, but I don't feel like she has anything to prove in that area. Her vocals will show once she's back in the game and to be back in the game she doesn't need a song that shows her full vocal range. Having a good single is far more important at the moment.

Btw, I love our useless discussions :D
    I want something soon, please Leona for the love of God.
    It has been awfully quiet these last few days. Calm before the storm? :D
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,198
    Forum Member
    I know im totally out of topic
    but has anyone heard the sweden entry for this year's ESC???

I fell in love with the song from the first listen.I adore Loreen as well, i like the fact that she is sooo artistic and her voice is simply amazing.She is definetely the winner for me and i think that she has whatever its takes to build a worldwide(why not?) career after Eurovision.I also love this kind of dark,artistic,dance songs (if leona had released something like that im sure that it would have charted really well,collide was a kiddy song for me!)
  • GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,198
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    I know im totally out of topic
    but has anyone heard the sweden entry for this year's ESC???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4PMQB5zmAU

I fell in love with the song from the first listen.I adore Loreen as well, i like the fact that she is sooo artistic and her voice is simply amazing.She is definetely the winner for me and i think that she has whatever its takes to build a worldwide(why not?) career after Eurovision.I also love this kind of dark,artistic,dance songs (if leona had released something like that im sure that it would have charted really well,collide was a kiddy song for me!)

WATCH THIS : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqA_gRMYgA0

:eek: ( this would be a good song for leona as well!!!anyone agrees???)
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Collide backing on BGT :P
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Collide backing on BGT :P

Yes!! :D I thought it was Levels by Aviici, but she sang 'WE CAN COLLIDEEEEE' at the end ^^
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2 questions:

1) Yes, I remember during a live performance, possibly from the O2 tour, while she was singing Can't Breathe or another song, when she was singing "without you" or something along the lines, she looked up to the sky and pointed a finger up as well. She's not one of those types of artists who make her religion public, but I think she does.

2) I honestly believe she would have a record deal, but probably not as famous. I'm sure with her voice, if she started gaining buzz by herself, she would've been picked up, but she might not have ever gotten Bleeding Love if it wasn't for X Factor.
This discussion has been closed.