Comments

• stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
    Forum Member
    I use to work as a meter reader and then a meter fitter. Most of my work was around Moss Side, Rusholme, Longsight and Levenshulme where a good amount of the Somalians live and I would say nearly all if them I dealt with were horrible.

Over the 4 years I worked around there I must of been in over 400 odd houses with Somalian families in and they were the hardest people to deal with by a long way.

Also the Curry Mile is very far from the Curry Mile from say 10 years ago where it was actually a good place to go. Now it is pretty intimidating and full of shisha bars and men standing around on every corner
  • Hobbit FeetHobbit Feet Posts: 18,798
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are quite young so it is entirely possible that they are British, until I know that then I can't comment on whether they should be deported or not

I can't see it in the article, but after I'd read the word Somali for the 117th time my eyes started to glaze over
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Brianbingo wrote: »
    People like this should really just be taken out the country, and have their passports removed.

Let them go back to Somalia.

Says it all when in the article it stated that due to PC, the reporting of the asian gang rapes in Rotherham were not reported because of the fact they were muslim.

Why oh why, does it seem like muslims are being protected.

Would the gangs have been protected had they been white! No, of course not, though it seems different rules for those who seek allegiance to Allah....
  • bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    I don't know. It's not as if they are contributing anything to society.

They are.

Misery.
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    British or not it's a shame we don't have some God foresaken rock we could report these people to. Violence and intimidation is a all too common trait in these Somalian gangs.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huge failings by the police and CPS allowing the victims family to run a gauntlet of hate and intimidation every day. "Just ignore it" is not good enough. The rapistsmfamilies said they were being picked on and discriminated against simply because they were Somali and there was "no justice for Soma!Ian's in this country". Probably the exact reason the police didn't step in to stop the harassment, scared of being called racist. If they think British justice is crap then they are free to piss of back to Somalia and take their chances there.
  • Skyler_WrightSkyler_Wright Posts: 1,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »
    I use to work as a meter reader and then a meter fitter. Most of my work was around Moss Side, Rusholme, Longsight and Levenshulme where a good amount of the Somalians live and I would say nearly all if them I dealt with were horrible.

Over the 4 years I worked around there I must of been in over 400 odd houses with Somalian families in and they were the hardest people to deal with by a long way.

Also the Curry Mile is very far from the Curry Mile from say 10 years ago where it was actually a good place to go. Now it is pretty intimidating and full of shisha bars and men standing around on every corner

I genuinely like to know in what way were they horrible, hard to deal with and intimidating?

I've had some bad experiences with Somali people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are.

Misery.
    Her parents have received abuse and intimidation from rapists' families
    Yussaf gave victim's parents the middle finger as he was led from dock

Mark my words - there is going to be big big trouble in certain areas of this country as the anger of some communities grows beyond critical mass, and they start taking the law into their own hands.

Not just this country either - probably much worse in others.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I genuinely like to know in what way were they horrible, hard to deal with and intimidating?

The ones I have met have been sullen, unsmiling, (and one gave me a look of utter hatred, that's the only way I can describe it) and act with suppressed aggression.

Three people who I know for certain were Somalis - all male.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Mark my words - there is going to be big big trouble in certain areas of this country as the anger of some communities grows beyond critical mass, and they start taking the law into their own hands.

Not just this country either - probably much worse in others.

I was reading about a group in Finland that patrol the streets. The police hate them because they patrol with baseball bats and huge dogs. But sexual assaults are down and shop keepers love them as there are no longer thefts from their stores. Vigilantism will increase as the police fail local people more and more.
  • jesayajesaya Posts: 35,597
    Forum Member
    duffsdad wrote: »
    Huge failings by the police and CPS allowing the victims family to run a gauntlet of hate and intimidation every day. "Just ignore it" is not good enough. The rapistsmfamilies said they were being picked on and discriminated against simply because they were Somali and there was "no justice for Soma!Ian's in this country". Probably the exact reason the police didn't step in to stop the harassment, scared of being called racist. If they think British justice is crap then they are free to piss of back to Somalia and take their chances there.

In terms of the outside protest, people often do that - I once protested outside the Old Bailey (in 1977) during a blasphemy trial. It is part of free speech and while I think the people protesting outside that court were wrong - if we stopped them we would have to stop everyone. I want to keep my right to shout about what I think is injustice, even if that means other people I disagree with can do the same.

Inside courts and direct harassment I completely agree with you - there should have been a concerted effort to keep the victim and her family away from the public areas of the court from the moment they reported problems. The police have powers to stop harassment and didn't seem to use them - but again, I remember giving evidence in a trial many years ago and the police doing nothing when the family of the woman on trial started shouting various nasty things at me. Maybe it is common... but perhaps we should adopt the approach of other countries where disrupting justice is met with a few days in the cells under the court room for contempt.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jesaya wrote: »
    In terms of the outside protest, people often do that - I once protested outside the Old Bailey (in 1977) during a blasphemy trial. It is part of free speech and while I think the people protesting outside that court were wrong - if we stopped them we would have to stop everyone. I want to keep my right to shout about what I think is injustice, even if that means other people I disagree with can do the same.

Inside courts and direct harassment I completely agree with you - there should have been a concerted effort to keep the victim and her family away from the public areas of the court from the moment they reported problems. The police have powers to stop harassment and didn't seem to use them - but again, I remember giving evidence in a trial many years ago and the police doing nothing when the family of the woman on trial started shouting various nasty things at me. Maybe it is common... but perhaps we should adopt the approach of other countries where disrupting justice is met with a few days in the cells under the court room for contempt.

That seems like the way foreward to me.
  • Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The big problem is that in a lot of these countries it's MUCH more common for people to assume that laws aren't immutable. Instead, they see laws as being "suggestions" which a person is free to ignore if they think they're clever enough, they have enough money or they know somebody important or if they simply think nobody is paying attention.

That mentality gets brought with them to this country and it's probably going to take several generations before it's replaced with one more appropriate to the UK.

I don't doubt that somebody will be along to remind me that we have criminals in the UK too but I'd say that anybody who attempts to compare the rate of crime and corruption in the UK to that in parts of Eastern Europe or Asia is living in cloud-cuckoo land.
    Forum Member

Couple of examples. One time I was working on changing a electric meter in a front room, even though you turn the electric off the incoming live is always still live so you need a safe working area. There must of been 6/8 people including 4 kids aged between 4/8 running around the front room area while I was working. I told the mum that the kids should be no where near me while I do this but she just tutted and did nothing.

After a while some of the kids where taking my tools out of my box and one even started playing with my PDA unit. I then asked the mum again I need them to stop doing all of that and to leave me alone, again she just tutted and went upstairs. I quickly finished up and left.

Second example. Now this example happened numerous times with Somalian families around Moss Side, while working on changing the meter I would have either 1 or 2 males sitting or standing right next to me during the whole process. They would not speak to me though or make any kind of conversation, just stand as close as possible making me feel very uncomfortable.

Like I say I spent over 4 years working around all the inner city areas of Manchester and that community were the hardest to deal with and have left nothing but a horrible impression on me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    duffsdad wrote: »
    I was reading about a group in Finland that patrol the streets. The police hate them because they patrol with baseball bats and huge dogs. But sexual assaults are down and shop keepers love them as there are no longer thefts from their stores. Vigilantism will increase as the police fail local people more and more.

Just been reading about this case in Austria. Quite apart from the appalling nature of the crime, there was another paragraph which caught my eye:-
    Austrian media have also been following another case of a 13-year-old girl who is allegedly repeatedly being raped by her 26-year-old husband, who she married in Syria.

However, the teenager has not spoken against her husband, who is claiming that he has the right to have sex with her after their marriage was consummated, under Islamic law.

If such a couple came into this country, I wonder if they would be allowed to continue their marriage, as it was under Islamic law, and be given some sort of exemption on religious grounds? Genuinely not sure about this.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Aslan52 wrote: »
    The big problem is that in a lot of these countries it's MUCH more common for people to assume that laws aren't immutable. Instead, they see laws as being "suggestions" which a person is free to ignore if they think they're clever enough, they have enough money or they know somebody important or if they simply think nobody is paying attention.

That mentality gets brought with them to this country and it's probably going to take several generations before it's replaced with one more appropriate to the UK.

I don't doubt that somebody will be along to remind me that we have criminals in the UK too but I'd say that anybody who attempts to compare the rate of crime and corruption in the UK to that in parts of Eastern Europe or Asia is living in cloud-cuckoo land.

To be fair, there are a few rich buggers living here already who think in much the same way, just perhaps the crimes they commit are of a different nature.
  • Andy2Andy2 Posts: 11,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone hear some VERY loud alarm bells ringing? Is anyone in authority taking notice? Or is this all just part of the delights of a modern multicultural society? We cannot hope to address this problem on a case-by-case basis through our criminal courts. Maybe it's time for a blanket ban on anyone from Somalia. I know this would be anathema to the Guardianistas who would be on the rooftops screaming about 'racial tar-brushing', but surely as a precaution against mass rapes and abuse of our own people it is advisable?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy2 wrote: »
    Does anyone hear some VERY loud alarm bells ringing? Is anyone in authority taking notice? Or is this all just part of the delights of a modern multicultural society? We cannot hope to address this problem on a case-by-case basis through our criminal courts. Maybe it's time for a blanket ban on anyone from Somalia. I know this would be anathema to the Guardianistas who would be on the rooftops screaming about 'racial tar-brushing', but surely as a precaution against mass rapes and abuse of our own people it is advisable?

All the time, and if the authorities are weak or turn a blind eye, then communities will take the law into their own hands.
  • Aslan52Aslan52 Posts: 2,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MAW wrote: »
    To be fair, there are a few rich buggers living here already who think in much the same way, just perhaps the crimes they commit are of a different nature.

Oh, I realise that.

If you visit parts of Eastern Europe, however, you'll find places where half the people on a street are illegally tapped into the mains electricity and water, are driving uninsured vehicles that they bought from the local docks with all the chassis and engine numbers ground off and make a few quid extra by distilling alcohol in their garage and then printing out "Smirnoff" labels and flogging it to each other.

We certainly have our share of criminals who think they are above the law but anybody who thinks we have a similar attitude of casual lawlessness is plain deluded.
  • DSCarterDSCarter Posts: 1,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People need to accept that blanket multi-culturalism does not work and never will.

The vast majority of Asians and Afro-Caribbeans came to the UK and have embraced it's culture and become valued members of society.
    They have raised children here and brought them up to integrate and contribute.

However, we also have a more recent influx of migrants ( and Somalis are a good example ) who don't want to integrate. They want to create a version of the third world backwater that they came from here in the UK, whilst being supported by the powers that be and our benefits system.
    They don't respect us or our laws and will always revert to type.

There are areas in my city that have been taken over by Somalis and whilst '' officially'' they aren't classed as no-go areas, I certainly wouldn't go there, day or night.

When crime or anti-social behaviour occurs, the Police should be able to go in hard without worrying about any race cards being played.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Aslan52 wrote: »
    Oh, I realise that.

If you visit parts of Eastern Europe, however, you'll find places where half the people on a street are illegally tapped into the mains electricity and water, are driving uninsured vehicles that they bought from the local docks with all the chassis and engine numbers ground off and make a few quid extra by distilling alcohol in their garage and then printing out "Smirnoff" labels and flogging it to each other.

We certainly have our share of criminals who think they are above the law but anybody who thinks we have a similar attitude of casual lawlessness is plain deluded.

I know of places in England where all of that goes on, well, maybe not the cars, LOL! But bootleg alcohol, tapping the mains electricity, hacking the neighbour's broadband etc. Though now you mention it, the vodka distiller is Polish:D
  • dave clarkedave clarke Posts: 1,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We should adopt some bits of sharia law for instance cut the dicks off rapists
  • Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    We should adopt some bits of sharia law for instance cut the dicks off rapists

Not sure that's a good idea seeing as most rape victims in Somalia that come forward get stoned to death.

Gang rape and female genitl mutilation. Just some of the cultural enrichmants Somalians bring with them.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/nov/03/somalia-rape-amnesty
    Forum Member
    I really hate the lenient sentences given out. 30 years between them, I think the main guy got what, 9 years? So out in about 5 years, yet he had already been in a youth offenders for assaulting a police officer and the one of the others had assaulted a guy so bad he needed stitches.

On top of the previous actions of them they showed no remorse at all in the court room, so in 5 years when they are released there is a very high chance one or all of them will hurt some innocent person again. Its a disgrace, people like them should be kept away from normal people.