Options

Survivor 30 - Worlds Apart

Comments

• Options
    starrystarry Posts: 12,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Denying Will his letter from home was quite a risky ballsy move from her, the ultimate revenge.

I know the storyline may have made it into some kind of revenge, but really what right did Will have to negotiate his own terms like that anyway?
  • Options
    meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,110
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    I know the storyline may have made it into some kind of revenge, but really what right did Will have to negotiate his own terms like that anyway?

I definitely agree. But they're supposed to be nice and supportive to eachother out there.
    Will showed Shirin no respect so I'm glad she returned the favour, not just because Will was rude but, like you say, it was an unfair request.
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dislike Will more than Dan TBH.

I think a lot of this cast will get booed on finale. They're so unlikable.

However, is a good season to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good lord....
    (about episode)
    So much for my unrealistic dreams of a Shirin win. lol

I was so positive about this season pre-merge, but post-merge has been South Pacific, bordering on Redemption Island, bad. Just majorly disappointing.

I don't really care about anyone left now, apart from a vague shrug of support for Mike I guess.
    But really meh, hope they tear eachother apart.
  • Options
    chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What a nasty piece of work Rodney, Dan and Will are/were.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that didn't work. Another gameplay failure in this season. Actually if he had left it with Shirin it would have made it look more likely to be played.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also Dan was stupid leaving the clue in his bag, if he needed to show it at some point he should have buried it somewhere to keep it safe and secret.
  • Options
    bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
    Forum Member
    starry wrote: »
    Well that didn't work. Another gameplay failure in this season. Actually if he had left it with Shirin it would have made it look more likely to be played.

Nope Mike has just done the cleverest thing ever in a game of Survivor and here is why.

Playing the hidden idol would have been useless they would have all voted for Dan then gone for either shrin or Mike next tribal. By doing what he did Mike broke the alliance and that is what he needed to do. As a result Dan knows he is at the bottom and Mike has somebody to work with who has 2 votes making a 3. All they need is Siera to flip and they have a final 3 in the bag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has he broken the alliance though? I guess we'll see. But I read someone elsewhere suggesting that he should have actually played his threat before tribal and he might have got a better result. And I think that makes sense. By doing it all publically before the jury he thought he could look great, but he didn't count on looking a bit stupid like I think he ended up doing with his gormless grin at the end.

Nothing to do with Mike's plan but a hope could be that as Tyler found Dan's advantage that could put a target on Dan and if Dan finds out what Tyler did he could be unhappy. Mike has an uphill battle though I'd say unless he wins more and more immunity challenges.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My top 3 I guess are Tyler / Carolyn / Mike

The rest I hope get eliminated.

Will / Dan need to GTFO!!! Prepare for those boo's at finale <333
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    Just caught up.. Shirin :( I thought there was hope there for a minute at the end. Great move from Mike, now they are forced to turn on eachother next episode regardless of who wins immunity and Tyler's vote is causing a divide.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't think Tyler's vote was a big deal, he felt targeted and so had to pick someone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I presume things must work out for Mike, or he goes on an immunity run or something. There's no way he can go next after the series has lost so many stars of the series in a row - Joe, then Jenn, then Shirin. Even Hali got a decent edit for someone who was a fairly standard character/narrator, but then the first juror usually does get a solid edit.
    The series is really suffering with this boot order, I have no idea what the editors are up to because every story has led to very little so far. I guess it keeps things unpredictable, unsatisfying but unpredictable aswell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mike has this in the bag. He is on his own but that is no bad thing. Nobody to pee off in an alliance when they get voted out.

There will be an immunity he does not win, he wlll play his hidden idol to keep himself safe, bringing it back into open play. However unless Tyler wins immulity that week or has already gone Tyler will be the one going. He is the only real rival in immunity challenges and finding the hidden idol. This then frees it up for Mike to find the hidden idol again as security incase he fails in the immunity challenge.

Mike already has the votes to win

Sharin
    Jenn
    Joe
    Hali
  • Options
    GREATGUYGREATGUY Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering all the hype for this season Im a little underwhelmed with it so far. I find myself being disappointed at the end of every episode after another one of the underdogs gets booted out. It's like a reverse Cook Islands or Tocantins. I can't root for any of the 6 and I don't feel like we're supposed to either which is odd. Surely the only satisfying result for the audience now would be Mike winning his way to the end which isn't exactly my idea of an exciting end game.

Hopefully things Shake up next week, at this point I think I even preferred last season, as clueless as some of those players were at least it was unpredictable and we had already had big blindsides and power shifts/ flips by this point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The hype was immense but it wasn't up to the expectations, damn right.

So many disgusting people cast for the sake of...drama?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rather than getting any clever gameplayers they just got a load of nasty characters to cause conflict and drama. Survivor has never been about that and feel its losing its way.

They need a new host an a new producer.

Series 30 would have been prefect to do a series in the cold and something different but no same old same old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    What happened to9 the international series that was planned?

USA V Europe V Asia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am kinda sick of Jeff Probst now. Can he pull a Jeremy Clarkson and retire from the series?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's Jeff's over-praising that has jinxed the more recent series.

He absolutely adored Redemption Island (and still does as his man-crush won), but most people consider it one of the worst seasons.
    He raved about Caramoan (probably because his other man-crush won), then felt rather humbled on twitter when it was already halfway through and people weren't happy with it.
    He promised not to go overboard in praising a season after then, but he just couldn't help over-hyping this one, and again it's looking like another disappointment.

No wonder he loves it though, he adores those alpha male types and we've got Mike and Rodney butting heads and there's now a severe lack of women remaining.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Man crush on Cochran? Yuk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chrono88 wrote: »
    Man crush on Cochran? Yuk.

lol it does kind of go against the typical alpha males that Jeff loves, but Jeff seems to think that Cochran turned into some sort of alpha male during Caramoan. Even though Cochran does have his fans, Jeff was saddened that most people weren't digging Cochran's journey to victory as much as he was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like that Probst has opinions on the show though.

Julie Chen could not care less about the season's of Big Brother she hosts unless you get truly vile contestants like Aaryn Gries of Christine Brecht.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind him having opinions, the problem comes when that influences how the show is done and what gets kept or dropped.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I don't actually mind Jeff, it's just fun to make fun of his opinions because they are so rigid (such as liking the men and not the women).
    I do think it's an easy trap to fall into though, that basically when your fave wins a mediocre season your initial reaction is "Oh my god, best season ever!!!".
    I do that myself, though if my fave wins a mediocre season then it's certainly a better season than if my fave doesn't win a mediocre season.