Game of Thrones (Season Two)

196979899100102»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I got that bonus disc with Season 1 and can confirm that it was a Blu Ray disc (just checked it), so i'd assume it'll be the same for Season 2.

Thanks for confirming, if it had been a DVD guess it would have also been in the DVD set.

I have pre-ordered it on sainsburys incase they put the price up and also amazon and will wait and see if any details come to light on the bonus disc run time before deciding. Hard to warrent an extra 6 quid for just 20 minutes of footage that will end up on youtube anyway.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I received my complete season 1 "Collector's Edition" Blu-ray box today :)

Season 1 + episode 1 of season 2 + a dragon egg paperweight, all in a nice big box.

Pre-ordered it months ago from the now defunct Tesco Entertainment.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One of the 19 Histories that will be on the Season 2 Blu Ray.

Ygritte telling the history of the Wildlings
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In Production Video for Season 3

Lots of new characters can be spotted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few Season 3 shots in HBO's video looing forward to 2013.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just got my season 2 boxset this week - love it although disappointed its only 10 episodes!
  • RedSnapperRedSnapper Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    just got my season 2 boxset this week - love it although disappointed its only 10 episodes!

?

What were you expecting ? A couple of DVD only episodes created for the box ?
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    ?

I'm pretty certain they were referring to it being a shame that the seasons are only 10 episodes generally.
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RedSnapper wrote: »
    ?

I was just a little surprised it was only 10 episodes - just seems short for an entire season :confused: no need to be rude about it
  • PerpetualAscentPerpetualAscent Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    mindset wrote: »
    Sansa must have been an exception then, because a more empty headed little miss surely doesn't exist in Westeros....:p

All Lords are "Noble", only the immediate Royal Family are "Regal". Commoners who are conferred plenipotentiary power (eg: Lord Mountbatten in India) are Vice Regal.

Snow's father died without apparently making provision for him, other than the Night's Watch. So Jon Snow has no standing in society (or wouldn't in England). English Kings and Princes who fathered bastards often created them Dukes. A more thoughtful and enterprising Lord and father than Ned Stark might have arranged to send Jon to the Kingsguard, rather than the wall. Ater all, isn't his half sister about to become Queen?

LMAO at the "sent Jon to the Kingsguard" comment. The Kingsguard are a group of knights chosen by the King (most often highborn) who usually consist of the best knights in the realm who have proven themselves in battle. Even if there had been an opening, what makes you think that Robert would take Jon Snow? But any excuse to hate the Starks, eh?

And Westeros isn't England. I know you take it really seriously but you have to try and remember that GoT is make believe...
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I finally got round to watching season two and I have to say, I didn't rate it at all.

The only thing I wasn't disappointed with was the casting of Brienne.
  • deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two episodes in to the second series box set and it seems as good as series one.