HO Casts Sinead's Cousin

zerotheherozerothehero Posts: 21,802
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s13/hollyoaks/news/a636583/hollyoaks-ross-adams-to-play-sineads-cousin-scott-drinkwell.html

Ross Adams has been cast as Sineads Cousin Scott Drinkall.

He will first appear in April

Comments

• craig_25craig_25 Posts: 2,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are we to guess he shags JP or Ste to split them up thus pleasing Sinead?
  • cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he isn't with Ste or JP it will be Harry.
  • NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why am I not surprised that Kirkwood would throw another spanner into the works when it comes to John-Paul and Ste?

He really is a tedious clown with no fresh ideas.

That said a new character is no bad thing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because Sinead deserves a whole character devoted to her happiness? Because Ste needs yet another bitch invading his business with their judgment calls about his disease? Because there needs to be another gay around for affairs that no one with eyes would even find attractive?

What the **** is your damage, Kirkwood? What the **** is wrong with this man? What even is this show?
  • Chester666666Chester666666 Posts: 9,020
    Forum Member
    Everyones saying stuff I can understand as this charcater is yet another way to hurt JP and Ste sadly
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who cares about JP and Ste anyway they are the least convincing couple ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Genuinely agree 100% can't bear them as a couple, I just wish that there was a better way of seeing the end of their relationship without yet another affair / infidelity / betrayal from one of them.

It seems that when HO needs a storyline, they pick a name from a hat and have them cheat!!
  • ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I haven't got a problem with gay characters before anyone jumps on me, but do we really need ANOTHER gay character?!
  • DJ JimmyDJ Jimmy Posts: 7,166
    Forum Member
    Iclabon wrote: »
    Because Sinead deserves a whole character devoted to her happiness? Because Ste needs yet another bitch invading his business with their judgment calls about his disease? Because there needs to be another gay around for affairs that no one with eyes would even find attractive?

What the **** is your damage, Kirkwood? What the **** is wrong with this man? What even is this show?

I really don't know how, but it's still getting worse. I believe there is still a fundamentally good show deep down, but Kirkwood has to go, its getting embarrassing to watch at times. I love Hollyoaks, but he is destroying it.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Not me. I believe there are some people who care about one or both of them as characters, but I'm not sure anybody cares about them as a couple, or would be bothered about them being split up. This dumb plot idea doesn't upset me, it just bores the pants off me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lulu g wrote: »
    Not me. I believe there are some people who care about one or both of them as characters, but I'm not sure anybody cares about them as a couple, or would be bothered about them being split up. This dumb plot idea doesn't upset me, it just bores the pants off me.

Agreed. I like JP and Ste A LOT separately. But together I find them incredibly tiresome. I would much prefer to see JP focussing more on his career and looking after his son (where is that child by the way??) then finding love with someone more suited him.

One thing that really bugs me, if they do break up, is that Ste will have had 2 failed marriages! At his age?! It seems to make an absolute mockery of the sanctity or marriage. I think we've fought so hard for Gay rights in terms of marriage, yet Ste and JP jumped in with both feet and now it's just piece of paper they got at a party. It means nothing to them.
  • lady_xanaxlady_xanax Posts: 5,662
    Forum Member
    craig_25 wrote: »
    Genuinely agree 100% can't bear them as a couple, I just wish that there was a better way of seeing the end of their relationship without yet another affair / infidelity / betrayal from one of them.

It seems that when HO needs a storyline, they pick a name from a hat and have them cheat!!

They turn characters who were perfectly nice before or loved-up couples and make them cheat for no reason. Of all a sudden they realise that THIS person is the one they really want. It seems ironic that the baddies are relatively monogamous.

Can't we have some characters with a moral backbone? If someone is nice in Hollyoaks they are treated as a doormat and repeatedly jailed or accused based on no evidence.

And please if characters have to cheat can they not cheat with a partner's family member? Even worse is when they have children. So far Idon't think they've had a woman give birth to two family members children (well Maxine got pregnant by both but she had an abortion) but even with step partners already related to the children it's icky.
  • seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. I like JP and Ste A LOT separately. But together I find them incredibly tiresome. I would much prefer to see JP focussing more on his career and looking after his son (where is that child by the way??) then finding love with someone more suited him.

One thing that really bugs me, if they do break up, is that Ste will have had 2 failed marriages! At his age?! It seems to make an absolute mockery of the sanctity or marriage. I think we've fought so hard for Gay rights in terms of marriage, yet Ste and JP jumped in with both feet and now it's just piece of paper they got at a party. It means nothing to them.

They did the whole thing whereby Ste hooked up with Connor because he looks like Doug - yet apparently don't remember that Ste was married to Doug. Remember before Christmas, Tony gave him a pep talk about "you've come such a long way and now ... you're getting married ..." Making out like it was Ste's first marriage, even though the first one was a joint ceremony with Tony and Cindy!

Not to mention how both Ste's marriages ended with the couple splitting up at the reception ... although in that respect he's just doing what everyone else in the show does ;)
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

Oh God, this so much. Just split them up already. Don't care which one of them Scott cops off with, but Ste and JP do not and have never worked as a couple.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They did the whole thing whereby Ste hooked up with Connor because he looks like Doug - yet apparently don't remember that Ste was married to Doug. Remember before Christmas, Tony gave him a pep talk about "you've come such a long way and now ... you're getting married ..." Making out like it was Ste's first marriage, even though the first one was a joint ceremony with Tony and Cindy!

Not to mention how both Ste's marriages ended with the couple splitting up at the reception ... although in that respect he's just doing what everyone else in the show does ;)

LOL yeah don't get me wrong, I know that marriage in HO means nothing, no matter who the couple are (see Tony & Diane, Darren & Nancy, Joe & Lindsay, Porsche & Lockie, Freddie & Sinead etc, etc). It really is an insult when you consider that the only stable married couple on the show is Jack and Frankie, who've had more breakups and affairs than hot dinners!!!
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't got a problem with gay characters before anyone jumps on me, but do we really need ANOTHER gay character?!

Why should there be a limit? Grow up.
  • Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind Ste and JP being together for a bit but why get married. Everyone in Oaks gets married and has kids but they never seem to get divorced. I'm sure Sinead is still married to Freddie.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

I agree.
    Forum Member
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Oh God, this so much. Just split them up already. Don't care which one of them Scott cops off with, but Ste and JP do not and have never worked as a couple.

True.
  • sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »

Why are we convinced that this Scott character is going to be more interesting as a partner for Ste or JP? This seems to fall in the category of anyone but. I haven't seen Scott yet but I think he's more likely to be an uninteresting character played by a not very good actor. The standards seem quite low for casting atm. That Freddie is the object of what is supposed to be an epic romance says everything.
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    sderr123 wrote: »
    Why are we convinced that this Scott character is going to be more interesting as a partner for Ste or JP? This seems to fall in the category of anyone but. I haven't seen Scott yet but I think he's more likely to be an uninteresting character played by a not very good actor. The standards seem quite low for casting atm. That Freddie is the object of what is supposed to be an epic romance says everything.
    I'm not at all convinced. I simply don't care whether this guy, or anyone else, threatens Ste and John Paul's relationship, because it hasn't captivated me - far from it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not at all convinced. I simply don't care whether this guy, or anyone else, threatens Ste and John Paul's relationship, because it hasn't captivated me - far from it.

I really depends for me on this character if its just another random shocking affair with a character who is caricature to suit some evil plan of Sinead's then forget it. I am tired of the random shocking affairs that people have to be random and shocking.
    Forum Member

same here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »

I don't think anyone is hoping Scott arrives and splits JP and Ste up by having one of them fall in love with him. I suspect we will see the usual drivel, where Scott will manipulate his way into one of their affections, and pounce on them when they're at they're lowest ebb (possibly after yet another huge argument between them where one of them declares it 'over') The morning after, Ste or JP will wake up next to VileScott and regret their actions, run back to their significant other apologise for yesterdays argument and assume life is back on track, only for VileScott to rock up and spill the beans whilst Sinead looks on smiling and rubbing her hands at the prospect of getting rid of JP once and for all.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think anyone is hoping Scott arrives and splits JP and Ste up by having one of them fall in love with him. I suspect we will see the usual drivel, where Scott will manipulate his way into one of their affections, and pounce on them when they're at they're lowest ebb (possibly after yet another huge argument between them where one of them declares it 'over') The morning after, Ste or JP will wake up next to VileScott and regret their actions, run back to their significant other apologise for yesterdays argument and assume life is back on track, only for VileScott to rock up and spill the beans whilst Sinead looks on smiling and rubbing her hands at the prospect of getting rid of JP once and for all.

Well I would hope if they are going to break up Ste and JP it would be for a substantive character that you could see one of them actually being in love with. You know an actual storyline.

But I agree what you describe is what will likely happen. It is in fact what is happening with all the couples not just Ste and JP. I find that very boring.