Options

ED Chrissie - yes!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    BitoftreakleBitoftreakle Posts: 207
    Forum Member
    This storyline has really improved Emmerdale recently, considering the mediocrity of all the other storylines like Pearl's financial woes, Vanessa's health scare, and Laurel's alcoholism. Right now the Robert/Aaron stuff and this storyline have made Emmerdale the best soap of the last few weeks because Eastenders has been in a lull since the brilliant anniversary live week and Lauren and Peter's exit; with fhe occasional lift from Sharon-centric episodes.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really admire Thomas Atkinson. He's playing a blinder and kudos to him for taking on such a difficult role. I'm not usually bothered about awards but I really hope he gets one for this. Being this good at age 16 he will have a long acting career ahead of him.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chrissie is playing a good part, even more so now that she has faced up to the fact that Lachlan has mental health issues. But I don't think the White family are long-term at Home Farm, they don't fit in. As someone else asked, do people in the village know that Lawrence went to prison for having a homosexual relationship with Edna's husband, Harold?.
    Didn't Robert accidentally on purpose blurt it out in the pub? I don't think he mentioned Edna or Harold though.

I don't think they'll be sticking around either. John Bowe's contract was for 6 months - obviously extended now, so maybe they're all being signed up in 6 month blocks.

Has there ever been a likeable family in Home Farm? Probably the Kings came closest.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,998
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    She's always known. We had that scene where she was crying looking through baby pictures of Lachlan; he's not her little innocent boy anymore.

I'm glad she isn't burying her head in the sand anymore and actually wants her son to learn from his mistakes. Shirley from EE could take notes.

This is what I thought. It was clear to me that she always knew but felt she had to protect her son until some compelling evidence forced her to stop hiding from the truth,

I just don't find it that easy to forgive her disgusting outburst to Alicia because when she ranted at her and called her a paedophlle she actually knew it wasn't true but felt putting Alicia in that position was the only way to protect her son :(

If she'd done the right thing in the first place I'd have some respect for her but like I said, calling the police now seems more about assuaging her own guilt than really helping Lachlan. However, it didn't occur to me he might actualy get counselling and help in youth protection. You usually only hear about youths in custody when they've self harmed or committed suicide :( As this is a soap though I'm sure he'll receive help and it'll all be forgotten about by Christmas.
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with Emmerdale for the first time in three months. A cracking set of episodes this week.