Options

Paul O Grady - Live- Itv1

Comments

• Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    That's just Peter. He's been like this for a few years now.

Paul was trying to interview and Peter was just reeling off his stand up routine (the whole Sky planner stuff was lifted straight from his show).

Indeed. I find the smug self-satisfaction he carries himself with really grating. Like we should all be so pleased to see him, and that he's done us such a favour by gracing us with his lardy presence. His couple of 'gay' snipes at Paul were unfunny and uncomfortable too. I always thought Peter would be better suited to a working men's club in Barnsley circa 1974 than TV. If only we could chip in for a time machine...

Other than that, really enjoyed it. Nicole seemed a bit bemused! :D

The cage of death stunt I thought was genuinely tense.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's probably me but is Peter Kay supposed to be funny ??????

He sounded really boring to me.

Is this show really live or is it recorded a day or two before ?
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am going next week, kylies on, should be good.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    i dont get Peter Kaye either. Would be chucked off the Wheeltappers and Shunters. Has he got shares in sky or something. He went on ages about it. Didnt have a clue what he was on about it, if you havent got a sky box you won't!
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've never understood the point of Peter Kay. He's been a one-joke act for his entire career.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I've never understood the point of Peter Kay. He's been a one-joke act for his entire career.
    I couldn't understand how he'd sold out about 60 gigs in a very short time
    and how much money they were fetching on ebay at that time! :confused:
  • Options
    mklassmklass Posts: 3,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grahamzxy wrote: »
    Did anyone watch tonight's show with Kim Catrall, Enrique Iglesias, Nicole Scherzinger and Peter Kay?

I would say that tonight's show was one of the best chatshows I have seen on ITV in quite a while.

I watched Kim's interview but must admit i turned over after that!.. i didn't know or care!. who Nicole is and wasn't interested in Peter Kaye or even dare i say Enrique!...:eek:

It's a shame because i used to really enjoy Pauls show at 5 o clock, but i just can't seem to get into this one!...it just doesn't feel right!.... :(
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    I thought it was decent last night; obviously a show like this is reliant on the guests they have on. Kylie should be good next week! :cool:

I think the show is fine and the format works OK, but maybe the timeslot is wrong? I wonder if an early evening weekend slot might have been better. Either way, I hope ITV persevere with this as I really like Paul and its great to see him back on the box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked it last night. :)
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,841
    Forum Member
    I liked it last night. :)

Me Too !

Kim is fabulous for her age, Nicole & Enrique very pleasing on the eye for both sexes, the Pope in the audience running gag was well thought out. Paul water-skiing naked was funny and Peter Kay on good form being spot on about using SKY+

Best of all was the motor bike "wheel of death" at the end. Amazing but I think we all knew that the girl pulled out of the audience at the end was in on the act. Like they'd put just anyone in there.

ITV1 have a good weekend line-up at the moment, keep it up.
  • Options
    samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it is taped live as I 've seen on Paul's Facebook page that they confirm guests up to the last minute.

Next week so far is Bob Hoskins and Kylie
    Then the week after so far is Russell Brand and Dannii.
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Omg more good reasons not to watch it with those guests.Watch Michael Ball instead for a good chat show.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looked to me like poor Nicole got ignored whilst Paul gushed over Enrique!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Lily Savage, but this is just a shite daytime show on at 9pm :confused: Even Kim Catrallel said she was told not to swear.

And no way would that stunt bike bit be live, imagine if something did happen - a TV first, a death live on air.

They wouldn't risk it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tejas wrote: »
    I thought it was decent last night; obviously a show like this is reliant on the guests they have on. Kylie should be good next week! :cool:

I think the show is fine and the format works OK, but maybe the timeslot is wrong? I wonder if an early evening weekend slot might have been better. Either way, I hope ITV persevere with this as I really like Paul and its great to see him back on the box.

The same "I will never work for ITV" again hypocrite?
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's more suited to ITV1 as when his show moved from ITV1 to Channel 4 in 2006 it wasn't " Channel 4" enough and smacked too much of ITV for a slot that contained shows like Come Dine With Me and Coach Trip.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Absolutely appalling. I can't stand him at the best of times (except when he's playing Lily Savage).

Mind you, I'll actually be watching it next week since Kylie Minogue is the guest!

Otherwise it's just another typical piece of cheap ITV1 shit.
  • Options
    Digi DanDigi Dan Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it's just another typical piece of cheap ITV1 shit.

Instead of people droaning on, why don't some of you say what you would have liked to have seen, I don't really get what all the complaint's are about...

It's a chat show, he chats to people...

The same as.... Richard & Judy, Alan Titchmarsh, Michael Ball, Jonathan Ross, Alan Carr...

What's your beef with O'Grady?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digi Dan wrote: »
    Instead of people droaning on, why don't some of you say what you would have liked to have seen, I don't really get what all the complaint's are about...

It's a chat show, he chats to people...

The same as.... Richard & Judy, Alan Titchmarsh, Michael Ball, Jonathan Ross, Alan Carr...

What's your beef with O'Grady?!

Because he his hilarious live with or without the slap.

This a copy of his watered down tea time show on a 9pm.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Kylie look lush,or what.:)
  • Options
    AppleTangoAppleTango Posts: 1,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we had finally got rid of this boring old man good.

Why has this carbon copy of his old rubbish old show been wheeled out on a friday night?

An audience full of grannies that laugh at everything he says and messing about with dogs. Brilliant.
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AppleTango wrote: »
    I thought we had finally got rid of this boring old man good.

Why has this carbon copy of his old rubbish old show been wheeled out on a friday night?

An audience full of grannies that laugh at everything he says and messing about with dogs. Brilliant.

Paul's great! I love him and to be quite honest...why are you even watching it lool.
  • Options
    bitchboybluebitchboyblue Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good lil song from Kylie there
  • Options
    miles19740miles19740 Posts: 14,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love Kylie's new track. The remixes are fab to as is her new album. Kylie is the definition of perfect pop.
  • Options
    johnythefoxjohnythefox Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me, if this is supposed to be live, how come there;s so much canned laughter and fake cheering?