What Is Cheryl's Problem With Jay?

2»

Comments

• trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Maybe she just doesn't like him as an artist/performer?

That's what I would assume. I'm assuming we missed the circular saying only Mel and Simon are allowed to negatively critique the acts :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Feline77 wrote: »
    She uses him to argue with Simon. It takes the focus away from Jay's performance & puts it on her - it's a cheap shot. Not nice.

Yet she heaps praise on some of his other acts? Your argument makes no sense and is completely your own interpretation of events and her motives without any evidence at all. In fact Jay isn't very talented and Cheryl has every reason to give the critiques she does.
  • Steph_CuckowSteph_Cuckow Posts: 539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shes jealous that he has talent.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    I think she's right about him though, he was really poor tonight, that arrangement of the song was dreadful

I haven't liked Jay up to now but thought tonight was his best by a country mile and absolutely loved the arrangement of the song
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Chertyls critic was miles milder than what i would have said, cause Jays perfomance was crap. Absolutley not fitting song. The beginning was bad when he was bareley audidble and then it went worse with the tempo changhe which was cringeworthy and added absolutley nothing. And i very much doubt that perfomance was in tune.
  • GetridofcoleGetridofcole Posts: 1,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just all scripted and silly for instance watch the 3 remaining judges give a standing ovation to Cheryl's mime tonight . Now that is just lame, standing to even a performance which has been pre recorded , overhauled in a studio and her voice is still bad .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    He just gives off a vibe that makes me feel uncomfortable and uneasy, must be even worse when he's that close. I don't blame her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    The problem is that Jay is just not very good and refreshingly, she is being the only judge to politely try and point this our rather than fawn over him all because Simon and the producers have set up him up as the favourite to win. Who knew Cheryl would be the one to not tow the party line this season? Not me.

Jay is very average, shouts through most songs and when he isn't, sings in a terrible lower range that is ruled by his nostrils. I don't get why anyone would think he's amazing and neither does Cheryl it seems.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Can accept that everyone has different likes, but even if you dont like him very much you cant deny he can sing. sings 100% in tune, and delivers with great feeling.

you do know when you posted that it was the 1st of November not the 1st of april
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member
    He's absolutely awful and Cheryl is usually one of the better judges for pointing that out.
  • MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Feline77 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with saying you didn't like a performance but explain why & how you think they can improve - that's what Mel B does.

Look at how Cheryl critiques Stevi - clearly he's not a great singer but she falls all over him no matter how badly he sings. She just tells Jay that it was weird or whatever & that's it - no advice on how to improve & not said in a nice way.

Yes I agree.

Cheryl's style of critique is never any use - It wasn't my cup of tea; You didn't connect; You could have done more etc, etc. This is why she is such a bad judge, she doesn't seem to have any words to express what was not working (in her view) about a performance, only that she didn't like it. She's like a toddler in that respect.

She is the worst on the panel for this, but the others are not that much better. I wish they would go for brains, musicality and eloquence when choosing the judges, but they just go for looks or the ability to be argumentative/opinionated which gives the program zero credibility.
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the only one who doesn't kiss his ass! He should listen to her more... he's really boring and hi8s voice is nasally.