Options

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Comments

• Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sold mine at CEX, cash for £35, lost £5 but had since launch.

Played on bf4 most of the year and just could not get into it, the first cod game that I have sold in its first month of release, I normally last at least 4 months :(
  • Options
    magic martinmagic martin Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it's still laggy in xbox one after latest (&2nd) patch

I've uploaded an Xbox one clip to my profile where face to face neither me nor the enemy could kill each other with one clip as not aiming where the person really was due to lag plus maybe crap hit detection too

Really disappointed with this - ghosts has some lag but nothing as bad/frequent.

What's it like on the PS4 after the patch?
  • Options
    AkimboGeordieAkimboGeordie Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    Well it's still laggy in xbox one after latest (&2nd) patch

I've uploaded an Xbox one clip to my profile where face to face neither me nor the enemy could kill each other with one clip as not aiming where the person really was due to lag plus maybe crap hit detection too

Really disappointed with this - ghosts has some lag but nothing as bad/frequent.

What's it like on the PS4 after the patch?

Ps4 is fine after patch. Actually enjoying it a lot. Hit registration works well and no sign of the awful lag we had on launch. Even in parties of 6 of us it's working well. This is on a FTTP connection.

Skill based matchmaking is my latest issue. I'm playing sweatband try hards constantly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ps4 is fine after patch. Actually enjoying it a lot. Hit registration works well and no sign of the awful lag we had on launch. Even in parties of 6 of us it's working well. This is on a FTTP connection.

Skill based matchmaking is my latest issue. I'm playing sweatband try hards constantly.

Cheers mate. When you look at the video you'll see how bad I'm struggling with this game on Xbox one (Virgin cable Internet). Interestingly on Ghosts straight after is much better with overall KD increasing above 2.6 and normally in top 2 scores on my team.

I might be getting a PS4 I reckon
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    What with GTA being out and DAI out tomorrow, I thought I'd give this one quick blast to see if it's worth holding on to.

Don't think so, it's laughably poor. I think I probably need to revise my original assessment that it was better than Ghosts, I'm not entirely convinced that it is. Same old issues that have blighted CoD for years now - appalling spawn issues, ridiculous lag, massively unbalanced weapons and underwhelming map design.

Problems compounded by the introduction of the future tech, which are largely just new ways for ultra-cynical gameplay.

Between the games becoming progressively (much) worse, and the general player-base becoming much more cynical, and far less social, I'm getting a mere fraction of the enjoyment out of the games that I used to. I'll give the next one a go, it's 3arc, but after that, especially if that turns out poor as well, then I guess it's time to fully move across to BF and cut CoD adrift.

It's a shame that Titanfall doesn't quite have the depth to it, as that aside, and based on pure gameplay, it's a far superior FPS than AW.
  • Options
    the dourflathe dourfla Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 years to develop and over 350 gun combinations. 2 weeks later there is only 1 gun worth using and the only perks worth using are the stealth perks which are unlocked from the start, so scorestreaks are pathetic. Makes you wonder how many of the people that make these games actually are real gamers. 3arc are the only cod developers with any sort of reputation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Went 39/8 in regular tdm with all my teammates going negative and we still won by about 5 kills. Cant imagine they win many games.
  • Options
    scorpionatthepcscorpionatthepc Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    What's this like on 360 multiplayer wise ?
  • Options
    The Lost BoyThe Lost Boy Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's this like on 360 multiplayer wise ?

I'd be interested to find out too. Didn't buy straight away, was getiing a bit bored with the whole thing. Then Tesco go & sell for £29.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    Well i have completed the main story and now playing online. This si the first COD i have enjoyed since Black Ops 2. The online is fun and the main story is good i avoided Ghosts completely so AW for me so far 7.5/10
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started playing the singleplayer campaign (after completing evil within) & I'm really really impressed with the graphics! 👍 ... There miles & miles better then ghosts! 👏 ... currently on the bus skipping stage lol 😄
  • Options
    NewGamesOfTodayNewGamesOfToday Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    The multiplayer side of the game is bugged because I have just hit prestige 1 and the game has boosted me 15 ranks. I went from prestige 1 rank 1 to 15 in a matter of minutes. Everytime I killed a player it would give me all my XP I gained by say getting 20 hip fire kills with the KF5 all over again because I prestige. Surely this is not suppose to happen? I killed another payer and it gave me the XP you would get by getting 1000 kills with a SMG which I already had once :o:D I am not complaining but they best had not reset my ranks once they fix it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    Well COD is officially dead. After churning out another awful game Activision have effectively killed the franchise off. Ghosts was terrible and this is nearly just as bad. It's only been out a month and already nobody cares about this game anymore.

It's a shame that the franchise has ended up like this. I've loved COD ever since the first one but these last two left me cold. There is none of that hunger to have 'just one more go' as with previous CODs. It's just become boring, no tactics, no decent weapons, rubbish kill streaks, terrible lag etc.

Sales are down and if you look at COD forums people just aren't playing let alone talking about this game. Even the YouTube pro players seem to be giving up on it.

Thankfully I've discovered Battlefield 4. A far superior FPS in every way without all the BS that now plagues COD.
  • Options
    SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the singleplayer campaign atm! :o:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    They need to realise that taking things from other games but making them worse, is not a winning formula.

The whole future tech thing has been done so much better in Titanfall.

If the next game is ANOTHER future tech/near future game then they can shove it. Absolutely no interest. If I want that then I'll get my fix from Titanfall and/or Halo thanks.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    I used to own a PS3 but got rid of it last year to buy a PS4. If I buy the PS3 version of Advanced Warfare in the 12 deals of Christmas offer using the online store, can I switch on my PS4 and download the PS4 digital version straight away due to the free upgrade offer?

A few friends getting a PS4 for Christmas got this as part of their bundle and I'm willing to try it again as I think it'll be more fun playing with them online
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Well, downloaded it last night and really enjoying it. My friend just bought a PS4 a couple of weeks ago & we went halfers onthe PS3 version in the PSN sale, despite neither of us owning a PS3, then got the free upgrade to the PS4 version downloaded & installed on our consoles.

The lag issues from the early days seem to be gone now & it's running smoothly (only been playing the classic modes, still not keen on the exo boosts)

I'm going to start the campaign over again. Is veteran really difficult or isn't oneof the easier ones this time round?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Well, downloaded it last night and really enjoying it. My friend just bought a PS4 a couple of weeks ago & we went halfers onthe PS3 version in the PSN sale, despite neither of us owning a PS3, then got the free upgrade to the PS4 version downloaded & installed on our consoles.

The lag issues from the early days seem to be gone now & it's running smoothly (only been playing the classic modes, still not keen on the exo boosts)

I'm going to start the campaign over again. Is veteran really difficult or isn't oneof the easier ones this time round?

No veteran is not really difficult - I've completed it on the xbox one and only a few parts where I found it tough and I'm not so good at the games. If you get stuck remember the selectable grenades which highlight the enemies plus the smart grenades which Auto aim at enemies plus keep behind cover keeping an eye out for ammo refill crates which you can keep going back to too!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniper only lobby has been added 1 shot guaranteed kill no hitmarkers. Running around with a knife is an easy way to get kills.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoying the sniper only lobby. Managed to get a quad feed then a collateral and triple feed in under 30 seconds, chuffed with 23 kills sniper only and we still lost by about 20 kills.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We bought the digital version of COD AW for 360/XBO along with the season pass but when my son signs in to play the game, the early access guns are still locked but the 'Gorge' map pack works fine. I thought any profiles on the console are covered by the season pass, so can get access to any bonus guns or maps.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all :)
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    Havoc DLC Pack Preview

I haven't played this since Nov but....

Zombies!!!! dflifiopefg;lfg;ogh.
  • Options
    TellyAddickTellyAddick Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    So glad I sold this garbage of a game
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make a game then improve what customers like and cut back on the negatives. This is another example of people that make games but dont play them.

It took 3 years to make but 1 week for the players to realize the faults.

Trearch are the only devs left that know what they are doing but nothing would surprise me now. The only games i buy regularly get worse each year, no other business would tolerate this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Most problems with CoD stem from Activi$ion's insistence on an annual release schedule.

They pretty much had things down perfectly with CoD4 and MW2 - after that they really didn't need to change too much, but it's almost like the annual release format meant that change was needed for change's sake, if only to help justify charging full price for a new game every 12 months when in reality they probably should have had a much longer DLC schedule between the release of new games.

In terms of new games, the new ones came out before I was ready to move on from CoD4, WaW, MW2 and BlOps.

The other area where they dropped the ball is in trying to emulate other games, whether it be Battlefield, Titanfall or Halo - there's little need. CoD is the most popular FPS, you don't need to change to be more like other games, they should change to be more like you. If I wanted a game that played like one of those others then I'd just go buy one of those others to begin with.

CoD has been on a general decline for a while, but the last two games just fell off a precipice. The next one is 3arc, so I guess there's a little hope, but Activi$ion switching to three Developers rather than two is pretty pointless if the other two haven't the first clue, which evidently from Ghosts and AW, they havent.