Options

Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bae means "Before anyone else" so it's meant to be like, my one and only
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Radiators - either I'm too hot cos I've put it too high, or I'm freezing cos I've put it too low. Been 7 darn years and still to find the ideal level, darn it. :grrrr:
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Seriously? Cultural appropriation now extends to harmless words :confused:
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    Or people that flush the toilet without first closing the lid. How unhygienic?!

People who close the lid after using the toilet.

Why? It makes it worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Race obsessed articles, such as the one above, which frequently appear in the Guardian and seem more applicable to the US. Clickbait which generate hundreds of comments.

There was one a few weeks ago with a black guy complaining he couldn't play anyone but Lando when re-enacting Star Wars as a kid.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/filmblog/2014/dec/29/star-wars-force-awakens-black-stormtrooper

Jesus wept.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    People who get well known people's names wrong.

Calling Stephen Hawking "Hawkings" is a prime example.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jo2015 wrote: »
    People who close the lid after using the toilet.

Why? It makes it worse.

How so? :)
  • Options
    KikiDafuqKikiDafuq Posts: 203
    Forum Member
    Participating in Veganuary, expecting to feel fabulous and ending up with a faceful of spots.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How so? :)

Because the godawful smell's been trapped underneath the lid.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh gees, here we go. The germs! The germs!
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you don't close the lid before flushing then bit of "waste" escape into the rest of the bathroom and settle on your toothbrushes and flannels and towels...... euuughgghh!!
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

Spelling Christopher Eccleston as 'Ecclestone' proper winds me up! :kitty:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zwixxx wrote: »
    If you don't close the lid before flushing then bit of "waste" escape into the rest of the bathroom and settle on your toothbrushes and flannels and towels...... euuughgghh!!

Glad someone agrees with me
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad someone agrees with me

This is the kind of thing that you've just gotta push from your mind or youll go crazy! Think of everything you come into contact with when you go for a walk or anything! :o
  • Options
    WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is the kind of thing that you've just gotta push from your mind or youll go crazy! Think of everything you come into contact with when you go for a walk or anything! :o

I started to close the lid after reading leaving it up can lead to illness. I'm a germaphobe too.
  • Options
    Guts and GloryGuts and Glory Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree with you Desgyhucf.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whedonite wrote: »
    I started to close the lid after reading leaving it up can lead to illness. I'm a germaphobe too.

I guess if you think of the particles flying through the air... maybe you need a proper seal around the lid too? :o
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member

Yeah. My favourite miss-pronunciation is Cliff Richards. I physically squirm when I hear it and my respect for the speaker drops to the lowest of my estimations.
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member

I grew up in the forties and fifties and we were lucky to have an indoor loo and it certainly didn't have a lid. I was never taught lid etiquette and even now don't remember always to close it. After all there are many public places which have lidless lavatories and no-one seems to worry about it! :o
  • Options
    vickkijvickkij Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    WHY are the cooking instructions for meat on the inside of the wrapper? I want to cook my Sunday dinner ready for 6pm so I don't want to open my beef now but would like to know how long it's going to take so I know when to start getting ready! I know you can find out online how long to cook it per kg but it would be so much easier if it told you on the outside of the flaming wrapper!
  • Options
    CaptainObvious_CaptainObvious_ Posts: 3,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vickkij wrote: »
    WHY are the cooking instructions for meat on the inside of the wrapper? I want to cook my Sunday dinner ready for 6pm so I don't want to open my beef now but would like to know how long it's going to take so I know when to start getting ready! I know you can find out online how long to cook it per kg but it would be so much easier if it told you on the outside of the flaming wrapper!

yes!!
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How depressing. Almost as depressing as the linked article from the Grauniad.
    I've never heard of the article's author, but wow, what a sad (and rather pretentious) pseud.

P.S. Anyone of voting age who uses the word 'random' to mean anything other than 'random', should be locked up. >:(
  • Options
    EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those who walk around carrying their phone in their hand, as if their bag or pocket - and most people I've seen doing this have at least one of those - isn't good enough.

It always winds me up when people add an extra E to the person in my location. (Also, because of how many people add an S to his name, I thought his name actually was Stephen Hawkings.)

(And no doubt somebody's going to do it.)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Whedonite wrote: »
    Seriously? Cultural appropriation now extends to harmless words :confused:

Someone told me learning Spanish was appropriating their language, and that eating rice was stealing from Japanese culture.

I'm not kidding. There's so much of this on tumblr.
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    vickkij wrote: »

Are you talking about a cling film type of wrapper? If so, you're supposed to take that off the meat right away, not just before you cook it. :)
This discussion has been closed.