• Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Intake today

1 special K bar
    1 quorn, pepper, and sweetcorn wrap with salsa and soured cream
    2 bananas
    4 quorn sausages, with mashed potato and sweetcorn.

Drinks have just been water.

Excersize
    Carrying tables and chairs at work, doesn't really count but it's something!
    1 hour Zumba
    (Will be doing 20 sit ups before bed) - I have more energy at night than in the mornings and this helps tire me out!
  • Options
    BethaneenyBethaneeny Posts: 10,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    striing wrote: »
    Bethaneey please be careful. You posted before that you are 5'1 and trying to get to 95lbs. That is underweight and being underweight carries its own health risks. You might find it better to join a fitness group rather than read about weight loss. Why not speak to the nutritionist at your GP for advice? Sorry if it sounds like I'm telling you what to do. I don't want you to get into difficulties or the thread to be linked to a poor outcome.

I appreciate your concern! :) - Thank you! I'll look into the nutritionist thing, I don't know if we have one at our drs but that is something I hadn't thought about doing.

I'm 4'10, not 5'1, but I know your point still stands. I also didn't work out my maths very well, it's 98 that I'm aiming for (7 stone) which puts my bmi at 19.7. I'm trying not to look at numbers too much and I'm only weighing myself once a fortnight now as opposed to weekly, and just going by how my body looks - I've got some flab that I'm not happy about on my stomach, once that's gone, I'll be sorted - that's my main goal now.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Lost another 1.5 lbs this week, which is okay - now lost 6.5 lbs since 8th January, so heading in the right direction!
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still here.
    Seem to have flatlined at 7lbs loss.
    I think it's mainly because I'm not exercising / going for walks. I suppose the positive thing is that I've kept the half a stone off for a month and at least it's not going back up.
    Planning on walkng to work again on Tuesday and will fit in some shorter walks throughout the week too and see how it goes.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3lb loss this week taking me to 8 stone 9.5lb total. Really happy with January's progress. 1 stone off and a good start to the year.

I have also managed a whole month of at least 10,000 steps a day. Am now upping it to 11,000 steps a day for February.
  • Options
    Summer BreezeSummer Breeze Posts: 4,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gogfumble wrote: »
    3lb loss this week taking me to 8 stone 9.5lb total. Really happy with January's progress. 1 stone off and a good start to the year.

I have also managed a whole month of at least 10,000 steps a day. Am now upping it to 11,000 steps a day for February.

You are doing great, respect :)

Well done for the stone in a month. I'm a little bit disappointed I only managed 9 1/2 lbs. What is your top tip from what you've learnt so far that would help for a better February?

You are too, that amount is great :)

I am still here reading all the thread avidly.
    I had a silly few days as I was away on business and not able to cook for myself.
    I know I put on a bit over those days as I ate out and drank wine all the nights.
    Hopefully I have shifted it over the last 3 days with eating my way and going for power walks.
    I will find out tomorrow or Tuesday when I weigh myself.
  • Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well done for the stone in a month. I'm a little bit disappointed I only managed 9 1/2 lbs. What is your top tip from what you've learnt so far that would help for a better February?

9 1/2 lb in a month is good.

Top tip, take any loss and be pleased with it ;) and don't expect too much of yourself.

Some months last year I only lost 1-2 lb but I just carried on with it. My loss is higher than normal this month as even though I am not a January dieter and am in it for the long haul the new year motivation does get me as well. I don't expect my February loss to be anywhere near as high as this month. I always aim for 2lb a week, sometimes it's higher, sometimes it's lower.

I just try not to let a bad day turn into a bad week and as I have said many times in this thread, I do let myself have treats. I wouldn't be at the loss I am at and probably be heavier than when I started if I didn't let myself do this.
  • Options
    SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walked to work yesterday and it was a lot better as I used different boots.
    Back on track with weightloss this morning.

18st 2lbs. (12lbs) loss :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Walked to work yesterday and it was a lot better as I used different boots.
    Back on track with weightloss this morning.

18st 2lbs. (12lbs) loss :D

Good weight loss Steve.
    Glad you got some better boots on your feet, no more blisters :)
    I am just back from an hours power walk, it was really cold when I first started but within 10 minutes or so I was warm as toast.

I am sure I have mentioned it before on this thread but I will say it again as I am just so in to this magazine.
    http://www.healthyfood.co.uk/
    I am just reading the Feb edition, it is full of all sorts of advice/tips/recipe's etc.

Also in this months addition there is thing about a 5 day free pass to be used at any Nuffield Gym, it is to be used on 5 consecutive days before the end of this month.

I had put a pound on when I weighed myself this Tuesday, was to be expected though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting story. I might have a look at her book too. I hate cooking but I'm making myself do a couple of things and it sounds like her recipes will taste nice which is likely to make me give them a go.

My copy of her book arrived recently.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=deliciously+ella&tag=mh0a9-21&index=stripbooks&hvadid=3170792961&ref=pd_sl_6sdp3sa319_p
    I have to say I find the way she writes really good, she is realistic with her approach to food.
    She ate herself well and turned in to a dairy/ gluten/ meat free eater.
    I know that is extreme for most of us, but she got well so it worked for her.

I baked the sweet potato brownies last night.
    They were really nice and a very good taste and gave me that sweet fix I was craving.

I love books like this, I like it as much as the Healthy Food magazine I have mentioned above.
    Its all online of course but there is something about having a book or magazine around in the house that I like.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Can i rejoin this thread :D

i trying to lose 12lb ( mainly from xmas , starting today Lol) i can do it as i lost 6 stone last time :p

good luck to everyone :)
  • Options
    Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    Can i rejoin this thread :D

i trying to lose 12lb ( mainly from xmas , starting today Lol) i can do it as i lost 6 stone last time :p

good luck to everyone :)

Good luck...keep at it :D
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has the thread died?

Oh well one month is up so I'm going to post my results so I can read it back at the end of the year. :D

This month I have been mainly trying to work out how I managed to put on 3 stone between summer 2013 and summer 2014. I've never put on so much so quickly before or got to the size I was by the middle of last year. I don't think I massively changed what I ate so I think I'm attributing the gain to: walking less (due to change of job); change of medication (which made me feel much better but also might have impacted on my appetite as I felt less ill for a lot of the time) and perimenopause kicking up a notch.

Given how much I put on so quickly, I thought I'd be able to drop a couple of stone very quickly but as it turns out - nope. Even at morbidly obese I still only lose at a 'sensible' rate.

So here are the first month's figures:

Starting point sometime in Nov/Dec 2014 - BMI 40 - morbidly obese :cry: - size 20 (but stuffed into 18s :blush: )

1st Jan - BMI 38.32 - obese - able to breathe in size 18s

1st Feb - BMI 36.96 - can see weight has come off my face, arms and stomach

Total weightloss so far - 1 1/2 stone.

I'm not hiding my weight (I'm now 17 stone 5lbs) but I don't think it translates because a) I seem to be taller than most b) lots of people seem to weigh in pounds or kilograms (which I thought was American or European but each to their own).

No one can tell I've lost weight but I can from my clothes and from the fact that I can now fit into train seats comfortably. :blush: I had stopped doing a lot of the things I enjoy because they involve sitting in seats (in halls/theatres etc) and I was embarrassed. Yesterday I went into west London for the first time in months. I am still huge compared to most people out there (though not so much when I go east to work) but at least I went.

I feel like I'm starting to get to grips with period week. It looks if I keep the gain that week to 1-2 lbs I will still be able to lose 9-10lbs in Feb.

TBC 1st March. :D

Hi,

I put on a lot of weight last year as well. I've been gradually getting bigger since summer 2011 but for some reason it just piled on between May and September. You know it's bad when you've been 17 stone + for a couple of years and then people suddenly start asking if you've put on weight. When I finally had the courage to weigh myself at xmas I was 19 stone.

I was also suffering from the problem you put above about seating. I had to fly a lot last year and it got to the point where I was really worrying about not being able to get an aisle seat. I was already avoiding certain situations ( I didn't go to my company xmas party for the last 2 years as it was fancy dress and I didn't think i'd find anything to wear) and meeting people I hadn't seen for a while was horrible as you could see in their eyes that they were just thinking "he's got really fat".

So I went cold turkey on 29 December and gave up everything - alcohol, chocolate, sweets, fast food, snacks, clearly high fat foods. I'm also now exercising every other day. I'm trying my hardest to just make it part of my life - no counting of calories or specially prepared meals or extreme exercise regimes. I want something that I can do for the rest of my life and, so far, I think this is doable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i started diet yesterday and lost just 2 ounces :D..i done loads of walking today, will give another update on Saturday now, try not to weigh till then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Weighed in today and was 10 stone 2 and a 1/2 pounds.
    That is a 12 pound loss in 6 weeks.
    I can recall that when I was in my 30s and even early 40s that shifting the weight was much easier for me than it is nowadays.
    I am going to ease off a bit now and try and stabilise at this weight,

I have mostly laid off the wine and snacks for this time period but not blown them out completely.
    My food intake had been mainly fresh steamed vegetables and fish and fresh fruit and yoghurts.
    I feel a lot better for it health wise which now I think about it is probably as I am not drinking as much wine as I did before.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    i lost a lb ..would like to lose another 11 lb , get back down to 8 stone again
  • Options
    Sun Tzu.Sun Tzu. Posts: 19,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    17.1st. Nearly 16st. Was 22.4 in June.
  • Options
    missy83missy83 Posts: 14,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm finding it really hard to stay motivated as my weight is so up and down. I lost 4lbs in the first 10 days, then put 2lbs back on due to pre period bloat. I then went down 8lbs during my period but in the last week I've put 6lbs of that back on. I'm now 4lbs lighter then when I started, so haven't lost any weight for a month.

I haven't been 100 percent good but should still be losing, even if it's slowly. God knows how I have gained 6lbs in one week. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone who wants crisps, just eat 2-3 rice cakes a day, very low in fat and calories.

I went to a low carb and high protein diet for a week and a couple of days, the weight drops off.
  • Options
    EvieJEvieJ Posts: 6,055
    Forum Member
    Wow, this is quite a thread.

I haven't read it all so sorry if this has already been touched on, but has anyone read the Allen Carr Easyweigh to lose weight book. I'm just wondering if its helped anyone?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    missy83 wrote: »
    I'm finding it really hard to stay motivated as my weight is so up and down. I lost 4lbs in the first 10 days, then put 2lbs back on due to pre period bloat. I then went down 8lbs during my period but in the last week I've put 6lbs of that back on. I'm now 4lbs lighter then when I started, so haven't lost any weight for a month.

I haven't been 100 percent good but should still be losing, even if it's slowly. God knows how I have gained 6lbs in one week. :(
    Stick to high protein for a week, canned sardines, eggs and more eggs, chicken, meat, Greek yogurt. Weight will drop off you.
  • Options
    sadmuppetsadmuppet Posts: 8,222
    Forum Member
    Another steady 1lb loss this week, now down to 11st 13lb - have lost 8lbs since 8th January.

Hopefully the steady loss will mean it's easier to keep it off.
  • Options
    blueisthecolourblueisthecolour Posts: 20,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bought a new set of scales yesterday as I suspected that my old mechanical ones weren't reading correctly. The new scales put me almost a stone heavier than the old ones! :o

I know it's only a number, I haven't got any fattier or thinner by changing the scales, but it's still a little bit depressing. Oh well, I know i'm losing weight as my clothes are getting looser so that's all that matters.

For people unhappy with losing a few pounds and then gaining some - my own experience is that you have to be hard on yourself. Only weigh yourself every two weeks. and if you've not lose weight on each weigh then make changes, not excuses. Obviously your diet is still not good enough or your exercise regime not enough. Apart from a few medical conditions there's no other reason why you wouldn't have lost weight. That's for people, like myself, who are obviously overweight though - if you're within your BMI then ignore what I just said :)
  • Options
    BermondseybrickBermondseybrick Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to 14stone 8lb from the original 16 I weighed when I started with my new diet and the Bootcamp sessions I go to I'm down from 18 stone
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Down to 14stone 8lb from the original 16 I weighed when I started with my new diet and the Bootcamp sessions I go to I'm down from 18 stone

Well done BB. I love bootcamp, well I love the results :cool: