LBC General Chit-Chat (Part 29)

Comments

• Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I'd like to know how many people here go to bed to actually sleep, assuming they're not night workers, and not to listen to a load of overnight talk :)radio. :)

I, for one, go to bed to sleep.

As you get older, sleep doesn't always come as readily as it used to. If you're alone, you have to do something to pass the time while you wait for sleep to come. Radio seems the least intrusive option.
    All other suggestions on a postcard please . . . . , :)
  • Mel O'DramaMel O'Drama Posts: 402
    Forum Member
    As you get older, sleep doesn't always come as readily as it used to. If you're alone, you have to do something to pass the time while you wait for sleep to come. Radio seems the least intrusive option.
    All other suggestions on a postcard please . . . . , :)

Well said VQ, not all of us a blessed with the ability to sleep. :)
  • Crawley CutieCrawley Cutie Posts: 10,948
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Me too ! I normally drift off with Duncan Barkes ;-) (if you would pardon the expression!).

I, personally, drift off with anyone ( on LBC) who is available....but having insomniac tendencies, I tend to awake in the early hours. Ollie Mann, always, sends me straight back to sleep - Cristo, with his 'unusual' callers - doesn't !!
  • miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a night shift work.. well for maybe a few more weeks.
  • RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoL not many people calling in nick's show.. Now he's repeating a topic from yesterday show migration and being pro immigration. Boring clicking off button.
  • PedroPedro Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Redunited wrote: »
    LoL not many people calling in nick's show.. Now he's repeating a topic from yesterday show migration and being pro immigration. Boring clicking off button.
    Maybe "Yes It's ME Cristo !!!" can give him some tips ........................ :D:D:D
  • Hey_HoHey_Ho Posts: 2,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pedro wrote: »
    Maybe "Yes It's ME Cristo !!!" can give him some tips ........................ :D:D:D

He's looking for tips himself at the moment on how to cope with stress. Giving up reading this Forum would be a start. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full moon must be out current caller to Christo blaming HIV on homosexulity.
  • P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

One of the funniest conversations I've heard in a very long time. Poor Joshua really didn't have a clue. :confused:

When Cristo asked him out for a quiet drink at Old Compton Street, I nearly died! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    P.Ramlee wrote: »
    One of the funniest conversations I've heard in a very long time. Poor Joshua really didn't have a clue. :confused:

When Cristo asked him out for a quiet drink at Old Compton Street, I nealry died! :D

Yep poor deluded boy. Only 21? as well.
  • P.RamleeP.Ramlee Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep poor deluded boy. Only 21? as well.

I seriously doubt he was 21. He sounded more like 75.

Please LBC - put this conversation on your homepage for all to enjoy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hey_Ho wrote: »
    He's looking for tips himself at the moment on how to cope with stress. Giving up reading this Forum would be a start. :D
    Had to laugh when he announced to one of his callers that HIV was "Contagious" !!! People might be more sympathetic to him if he weren't so foolishly pompous and relentlessly self promoting.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of the presenter books they've sold?

I'm willing to bet the Duncan Barkes has sold the most, as the population must be dying to read what he has to say about the extremely important national issue of the 'ongoing persecution of smokers', because he's never told what he thinks before!
  • gurney-sladegurney-slade Posts: 29,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how many of the presenter books they've sold?

I'm willing to bet the Duncan Barkes has sold the most, as the population must be dying to read what he has to say about the extremely important national issue of the 'ongoing persecution of smokers', because he's never told what he thinks before!

My favourite review of Steve's opus:

I am seated in the smallest room in the house. Mr Allen's tome is before me. In a moment it will be behind me.

Morning all. :)
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Hey_Ho wrote: »

I haven't listened to him for a while. It seems Cristo is still indulging in his own probs, pet subjects. If he didn't focus this way, he might not bring on the clueless or fruitcake callers. No good telling him though! ;-)
  • CayceCayce Posts: 9,845
    Forum Member
    Beverley Turner is discussing Jihadi John having sustained a head injury when he was young. This has hit the news following a caller's information to LBC yesterday who used to go to school with him. I don't know how this reaches the news when there's no proof, just the hearsay of one caller?!? :confused:
  • JT2060JT2060 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member

Everyone knows that it was the CIA trying to eradicate the black population in Africa.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JT2060 wrote: »
    Everyone knows that it was the CIA trying to eradicate the black population in Africa.

Yeah.......cos that worked.
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that LBC are still dining out on Natalie Bennett's disastrous interview with Ferrari.

The old adage was that a week is a long time in politics: not on LBC it isn't.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't believe that LBC are still dining out on Natalie Bennett's disastrous interview with Ferrari.

The old adage was that a week is a long time in politics: not on LBC it isn't.

Repetition is LBC. Doing the same subject to death, LBC loves it.

As for Natalie Bennett, she couldn't care less it seems to me. She was on Any Questions yesterday and just laughed the whole thing off. She's got the ego to be a politician, if nothing else.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sinistra wrote: »
    Had to laugh when he announced to one of his callers that HIV was "Contagious" !!! People might be more sympathetic to him if he weren't so foolishly pompous and relentlessly self promoting.

Sounds like he's going down the Steve Allen route of talking cobblers on a regular basis! :D
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HHGTTG wrote: »
    I'd like to know how many people here go to bed to actually sleep, assuming they're not night workers, and not to listen to a load of overnight talk radio.

I, for one, go to bed to sleep.
    Some people do work shifts you know. ;-)
    Me I no longer work shifts but sometimes i can't sleep because my mind is busy working overtime on personal concerns. I find talk radio sends me drifting off while focussed on something else. I set the radio on a timer and am rarely awake to hear it switch off. Job done. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cayce wrote: »
    I haven't listened to him for a while. It seems Cristo is still indulging in his own probs, pet subjects. If he didn't focus this way, he might not bring on the clueless or fruitcake callers. No good telling him though! ;-)

I haven't either, but I stuck with him for a couple of hours last night. He does certainly attract the oddest callers and seems quite happy to talk to them for quite a time. Very strange, but maybe they are all he gets, :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people do work shifts you know. ;-)
    Me I no longer work shifts but sometimes i can't sleep because my mind is busy working overtime on personal concerns. I find talk radio sends me drifting off while focussed on something else. I set the radio on a timer and am rarely awake to hear it switch off. Job done. :)

The same here. Listening to Olly Mann is cheaper than buying one of those machines that pipe out the sound of the sea or rainfall to make you nod off, :D
  • Neil_ANeil_A Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Sinistra wrote: »

Am with Cristo on this one. HIV is actually recognised as a contagious disease
This discussion has been closed.